Everything Hansbrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Don't EVER say these words in front of Ben Uzoh....
    "Get me on the court and I'm trouble, last week fucked around and got a triple double"
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

All i know is there should be some kind of pool where we can bet on which of JV, Amir or Psycho T commits the most fouls
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

"Tyler is my favorite player on the team" - Terrence Ross

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          "Tyler is my favorite player on the team" - Terrence Ross
          Haha, I can't think of an odder couple....

Comment

I voted he won't, but I'd be totally fine with it if he did become starter at some point.

I just think it's more likely Amir keeps his starting spot and Tyler is the first big off the bench.

Really depends on how certain lineups work together, or rather, who works better with JV.

If JV and Hansbrough works better than JV and Amir, you gotta start Hansbrough.

Comment

I had a debate with my friend about how good the signing of TH was. He kept going on about how redundant it was to have him on the team when we already have amir. Although the way they score is relatively the same, they have different play styles. Amir relies on quickness/athleticism and length whereas TH relies on strength. Hansbrough also draws more fouls than amir (based on my recollection from last season's fantasy league) which will definitely come in handy in the regular season.

Not saying he's going to be a starter, but I can't think of a better backup 4 we could sign during the offseason for the same price we paid him. Some people were talking about Carl Landry, but he would definitely cost us more not to mention we will run into that starter vs bench player issue again with him and amir.

Maybe i just have bad memory, but it seems like it's been a while since we had a decently sized 4 on the team (outside of bosh and bargs). Ed hasn't filled out his frame yet, amir's relatively lanky for the 4 (but he makes up for it with hustle and quickness), Reggie/Acy/Pops Mensah Bonsu are all undersized height wise.

Comment

"There was a time when he could hit those but at Indiana they began taking his game away from him limiting him. Another year in Indiana would have destroyed him."

Absolutely true. He was really down last season but did everything the coaches asked him to do. At the same time, he lost confidence in his jumper. Last night he only shot one, but it looked more like the technique he had in college rather than what they tried to teach him in Indiana.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/1...e6G4KxyI6d8.99

The reason you saw Hansbrough go all-out last night is because he badly wants to start and prove that he belongs. This summer, I predicted he could average 16 and 8 as a starter. He did better than that in just 21 minutes, though of course the Celtics are pretty awful right now.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I agree with both of the above.

I like him off the bench given freedom. You don't become all-time leading scorer in UNC/ACC history without some skill.
                  People need to recall what a beast he was at UNC. Many experts had their doubts about his ability to develop into a solid NBA player. He will be a great bench player for us.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                    I had a debate with my friend about how good the signing of TH was. He kept going on about how redundant it was to have him on the team when we already have amir. Although the way they score is relatively the same, they have different play styles. Amir relies on quickness/athleticism and length whereas TH relies on strength. Hansbrough also draws more fouls than amir (based on my recollection from last season's fantasy league) which will definitely come in handy in the regular season.

Ed Davis is in Memphis....though would love to have him back.
                    Not saying he's going to be a starter, but I can't think of a better backup 4 we could sign during the offseason for the same price we paid him. Some people were talking about Carl Landry, but he would definitely cost us more not to mention we will run into that starter vs bench player issue again with him and amir.

Maybe i just have bad memory, but it seems like it's been a while since we had a decently sized 4 on the team (outside of bosh and bargs). Ed hasn't filled out his frame yet, amir's relatively lanky for the 4 (but he makes up for it with hustle and quickness), Reggie/Acy/Pops Mensah Bonsu are all undersized height wise.

Ed Davis is in Memphis though would love to have him back.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      Ed Davis is in Memphis though would love to have him back.
                      lol I know that. I meant even right now if he was on the team, he's still relatively thin for a 4. All I was trying to get at is we haven't gotten anyone physically imposin at the 4 spot in a while. I know hansbroughs only 6'9" but he's relatively thick and he makes good use of his size as well.

I know size don't mean much anymore in this league with the number of teams electing to play small ball, but it's a nice change for once. While they're all good in their own way, Bosh, bargs, Ed Davis, Amir are quite different than the David west, boozer (I know he's just a loud mouth), favors, Monroe types in the league.

Comment

Hansbrough will have the keys to the city by Christmas. Toronto sports fans are going to blow their loads over him. He's got a perfect chance this year to play a lot of minutes, especially backing up a high foul-rate frontcourt. But I think he's primarily a bench player barring injury to Jonas or Amir #psychoT4mayor

Comment

... fucking metal \m/
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I think it's best if he comes off the bench, he will provide that second unit with so much more energy than it would have without him. Having a guy like this on your team playing next to you on the court battling and taking no shit would definitely boost your confidence.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

exactly. Coming off the bench isn't a curse, if you're playing 25-30 mins, who cares. A guy like that is useful in so many ways, and you may even start him in some scenario's for a match up. What you cannot do, is take a guy like Amir, who, fights every bit a shard as TH does, who has been here for a while, and who has earned his position, and remove him from the line up so you can give a new guy a chance.

If Hansborough is the right guy to start, let him prove that over 10-15 games when the games count. either way, if he's contributing, he will play big minutes. Off the bench or not isn't really all that important.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                                exactly. Coming off the bench isn't a curse, if you're playing 25-30 mins, who cares. A guy like that is useful in so many ways, and you may even start him in some scenario's for a match up. What you cannot do, is take a guy like Amir, who, fights every bit a shard as TH does, who has been here for a while, and who has earned his position, and remove him from the line up so you can give a new guy a chance.

If Hansborough is the right guy to start, let him prove that over 10-15 games when the games count. either way, if he's contributing, he will play big minutes. Off the bench or not isn't really all that important.
                                A lot of NBA guys might not think like that, but I believe Hansborough is smart enough to recognize that. 6th man has become more accepted league wide in the last 5 years imo. It's all about the minute distribution.

Better question might be, who should finish the game, Amir or Tyler? I'd ride the hot hand most nights but I don't think there is a wrong choice.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X