Everything Hansbrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Hansbrough

You know there's going to need to be one sooner or later.

Anyways, great game from him last night. Only pre-season, but you know this is one guy who's going to bring it!

He may be a bright spot in what could shape up to be a rather bleak season of raps basketball or he could play a key component in leading this team into the playoffs. Time will tell..
    Opening Night
    16.22%
    Mid-December
    10.81%
    All-Star Break
    2.70%
    He Won't
    70.27%
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Everyone already knows what I think on the matter :P
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

i have been pretty vocal about the awesomeness of the hansbrough. love him and happy he played well

Comment

Great pickup, the more hustle bigs the better: JV/Amir/PsychoT will, get boards, wear out oposing frontlines out, those three dudes are the anti-Bargnanis and that's what basketball fans love

Comment

Already one of my fave Raptor behind Gay & JV.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I said in an earlier thread awhile back Hansbrough was going to surprise you. There is more to come provided the coaching staff makes the decision to make him an active part of the offense. Face it, last night he got most all his points off rebounding/fouls. Nothing was run for him. Post him up down low once in awhile, let him shoot his fade away jumper when posted low, and let him shoot jumpers from 15'. There was a time when he could hit those but at Indiana they began taking his game away from him limiting him. Anyother year in Indiana would have destroyed him. Tyler has not reached his peak given a little freedom and made one of the offensive options.

Comment

I think he should be the first big off the bench all season. Keep teh starters the same and have Tyler pickup the energy of the second unit when he comes in. No reason he can't 28-30 minutes a night off the pine.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Indiana65 wrote: View Post
                I said in an earlier thread awhile back Hansbrough was going to surprise you. There is more to come provided the coaching staff makes the decision to make him an active part of the offense. Face it, last night he got most all his points off rebounding/fouls. Nothing was run for him. Post him up down low once in awhile, let him shoot his fade away jumper when posted low, and let him shoot jumpers from 15'. There was a time when he could hit those but at Indiana they began taking his game away from him limiting him. Anyother year in Indiana would have destroyed him. Tyler has not reached his peak given a little freedom and made one of the offensive options.
                WJF wrote: View Post
                I think he should be the first big off the bench all season. Keep teh starters the same and have Tyler pickup the energy of the second unit when he comes in. No reason he can't 28-30 minutes a night off the pine.
                I agree with both of the above.

I like him off the bench given freedom. You don't become all-time leading scorer in UNC/ACC history without some skill.

Comment

Hansborough isn't a starter, he's a tough guy that comes off the bench. You need guys like him.

Amir has the starting spot though. Its his. He earned it.

Comment

I think I need to throw this out there:

Amir Johnson has always had an above 50% field goal percentage in every year he has played, even when he was learning the game in Detroit and when he earned an expanded role in Toronto. Tyler, while bringing great effort and energy, has trouble finishing in the NBA with the longer and more athletic defenders surounding him.

I think too many guys are looking for him the break out, but he is what he is, a great role player who can thrive off our bench. If we ask too much of him by starting him, we are doomed for failure.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Amir Johnson has always had an above 50% field goal percentage in every year he has played, even when he was learning the game in Detroit and when he earned an expanded role in Toronto. Tyler, while bringing great effort and energy, has trouble finishing in the NBA with the longer and more athletic defenders surounding him.

I think too many guys are looking for him the break out, but he is what he is, a great role player who can thrive off our bench. If we ask too much of him by starting him, we are doomed for failure.
                      That, right there, is the number one reason for failure in Colangelo's reign as GM.

You can't have starters being corners stones,
                      You can't have role players being starters,
                      You can't have 3rd string being role players,
                      You can't have guys with no upside or established talent being third string.

Comment

Well said. Hansbrough had a good game last night, and should fill a role for the Raptors all season.
                        But there's no need to start falling over ourselves trying to get him into the starting lineup or into a top five role on the team, especially when it's at the expense of Amir Johnson who is probably the Raptors most effective all around player.

A big part of Hansbrough's value is that he gives the team a huge shot in the arm when he comes in off the pine. He can shift the energy of a game on any given night. Those type of guys are custom fit for bench roles. You try and force him into the starting lineup and you lose so much of what makes him effective in the first place.

Also..... it's one game!

Comment

Option D) He will only start because of injuries
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                            Option D) He will only start because of injuries
                            he won't start would in a sense be the correct choice if that is the case.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                              Also..... it's one game!
                              Don't EVER say these words in front of Ben Uzoh....

Comment

Working...
                              X