Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose - 23rd in the NBA (Video)

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jalen knew DeMar scored 18ppg last season right??

    Btw, still love Bill Simmons. One of the most entertaining guy in sports.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Jalen knew DeMar scored 18ppg last season right??

    .
    Probably not. But then again Jalen has a post-NBA life and probably hasn't memorized every players ppg average.

    Jeez Louise, everybody bitching about how inaccurate it was and how little research was done. Do you realize Simmons and Rose spend 15 minutes of conversation on ALL 30 teams? I would love to see you all of you spend 15 minutes talking about Milwaukee, Phoenix, whoever, and be as accurate for every team in the NBA as they were for Toronto.

    At least they did some actual analysis and acknowledged the future with Jonas and Masai. So now, they don't remember the ppg average of the 110-ish best player in the NBA, but I enjoy hearing them talk ball.

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Probably not. But then again Jalen has a post-NBA life and probably hasn't memorized every players ppg average.

    Jeez Louise, everybody bitching about how inaccurate it was and how little research was done. Do you realize Simmons and Rose spend 15 minutes of conversation on ALL 30 teams? I would love to see you all of you spend 15 minutes talking about Milwaukee, Phoenix, whoever, and be as accurate for every team in the NBA as they were for Toronto.

    At least they did some actual analysis and acknowledged the future with Jonas and Masai. So now, they don't remember the ppg average of the 110-ish best player in the NBA, but I enjoy hearing them talk ball.
    If you're paid to do this for a living, then it's not too much to ask to provide accurate information. 30 teams isn't a lot when it's your job
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh good god get a sense of humour. honestly man.

  5. #65
    Raptors Republic Rookie neworleanssaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This segment was funny and most of it was true. The Demar Derozan comment just ticked me off a little though. I truly do believe Demar is the most underrated player in the league with the US media.

    He was ranked 104th in the ESPN player rankings like c'mon, this dude is 18 PPG scorer and was 17th in the NBA last year. Top 10 Shooting Guard in the NBA. Yeah he can't shoot the 3 and play defense but this dude deserves some recognition.

    Honestly I feel like its too late to tank. We can't decide to tank halfway through the season, because we'll be a .500 team in the beginning as long as we have Gay. There are teams that have planned way in advance to tank and will be ahead of the game for top 3 picks example: Philly, Utah, Suns maybe Celtics.

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Let's just move-on and watch the remaining Grantland previews. it's by far the most entertaining thing this pre-season.

    Random realization: Toronto should sign Boobie Gibson as our 3 point shooting back-up shooting guard. I'm surprised noone has picked him up yet.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Vaguely related aside: in the Cleveland preview (which, incidentally, marks the first major disagreement between Bill and Jalen - Bill thinks they realize mid-season they won't make playoffs and divert accordingly, Jalen thinks they make playoffs), they agreed that Cleveland was definitely a team that would consider trading for Rudy.

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Vaguely related aside: in the Cleveland preview (which, incidentally, marks the first major disagreement between Bill and Jalen - Bill thinks they realize mid-season they won't make playoffs and divert accordingly, Jalen thinks they make playoffs), they agreed that Cleveland was definitely a team that would consider trading for Rudy.
    Milwaukee
    Cleveland
    Charlotte
    and possibly Detroit (least likely)

    are 4 teams Ujiri is just sitting back and waiting on. All of those teams are desperate to make the playoffs. It is just a matter of waiting until which team panics and makes the offer he is comfortable with..... at least I hope that is what is going on.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #69
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Let's just move-on and watch the remaining Grantland previews. it's by far the most entertaining thing this pre-season.

    Random realization: Toronto should sign Boobie Gibson as our 3 point shooting back-up shooting guard. I'm surprised noone has picked him up yet.
    Well...the thing about Boobie Gibson is that he's the Steve Novak of guards....he doesn't do anything well other than shoot 3s (and shot only 34% last year). He doesn't run the point well, and can't defend either guard position. He's a 3rd stringer at best who benefited from a good situation in Cleveland for awhile. And I think his one-dimensional game is a bigger problem than it is for a guy like Novak, who you could probably have an easier time hiding defensively. But for a guard, specifically a guy who only has the physique to play PG, he'll surely way more defensive responsibility than he could handle.

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Milwaukee
    Cleveland
    Charlotte
    and possibly Detroit (least likely)

    are 4 teams Ujiri is just sitting back and waiting on. All of those teams are desperate to make the playoffs. It is just a matter of waiting until which team panics and makes the offer he is comfortable with..... at least I hope that is what is going on.
    Just considering options for teams that might want Gay, and could see them trying to trade for him...what about Sacto? What about Dallas? ...Not sure if there are others, but I think either of those teams could want to get him.

    Sacto seems to be aiming for improvement this year, even if they still don't expect to make the playoffs. Dallas is always active and definitely has enough question marks that they could try to course correct with a big trade.

  11. #71
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Just considering options for teams that might want Gay, and could see them trying to trade for him...what about Sacto? What about Dallas? ...Not sure if there are others, but I think either of those teams could want to get him.

    Sacto seems to be aiming for improvement this year, even if they still don't expect to make the playoffs. Dallas is always active and definitely has enough question marks that they could try to course correct with a big trade.
    Matt's list was of the teams that both might want Rudy and have the assets to be able to trade for him, which was why Detroit was his "least likely" - they have no picks they can trade, which means they're looking at Greg Monroe plus bodies for Rudy most likely, and why would we do that when Monroe is about to want his fat extension?

    Sacramento and Dallas have the same problem as Detroit. They both want to compete (or at least Sacramento's new ownership might want to look like they're competing) but what can they realistically trade for Rudy? Dallas can't trade a first-round pick because their first-rounder is committed through 2018 (it's a protected trade to OKC, so they can't trade future first-round picks until the OKC pick resolves) and other than picks what do they have? You need to throw in Shawn Marion just to make the money even BEGIN to work and then what - Ricky Ledo? Jae Crowder? Gal Mekel? I don't see that happening.

    Sacramento has it even worse. First-round pick committed to Cleveland through potentially 2017, all of their second-rounders gone for the next few years, and all they would realistically be moving is Jimmer Fredette and one of their surplus of bigs (Mbah a Moute, Patterson, or Jason Thompson) plus John Salmons' salary to make the numbers work.

    We went through this a few threads back. Milwaukee, Cleveland, Charlotte and maaaaybeeee Detroit are really the only teams both probably looking to improve at SF and who have the movable assets to justify trading Rudy away.

  12. #72
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd add Phoenix to the Gay sweepstakes.. they have a new GM so I could be wrong, and they look like they are tanking. But that team needs a pseudo star.. and were negotiating with Memphis on a Gay deal before BC swooped in.

  13. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Just considering options for teams that might want Gay, and could see them trying to trade for him...what about Sacto? What about Dallas? ...Not sure if there are others, but I think either of those teams could want to get him.

    Sacto seems to be aiming for improvement this year, even if they still don't expect to make the playoffs. Dallas is always active and definitely has enough question marks that they could try to course correct with a big trade.
    I'll bet Dallas would love him, but I can't think of a single asset they have that would pique MU's interest.

  14. Like Matt52 liked this post
  15. #74
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'd add Phoenix to the Gay sweepstakes.. they have a new GM so I could be wrong, and they look like they are tanking. But that team needs a pseudo star.. and were negotiating with Memphis on a Gay deal before BC swooped in.
    If Phoenix hadn't already waived Beasley I would say there was the tiniest chance this was correct. But they did wave him, they have their pseudo-star (Eric Bledsoe) and they're collecting as many picks as possible for a quick and effective tank. There is no chance they will trade for Rudy unless we send draft picks along with him.

  16. #75
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Sacramento has it even worse. First-round pick committed to Cleveland through potentially 2017, all of their second-rounders gone for the next few years, and all they would realistically be moving is Jimmer Fredette and one of their surplus of bigs (Mbah a Moute, Patterson, or Jason Thompson) plus John Salmons' salary to make the numbers work.
    I'm not sure that MU would be able to get a first-rounder back for Gay from anyone.

    I'd be very happy with Jimmer, Jason Thompson and filler.

  17. #76
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Matt's list was of the teams that both might want Rudy and have the assets to be able to trade for him, which was why Detroit was his "least likely" - they have no picks they can trade, which means they're looking at Greg Monroe plus bodies for Rudy most likely, and why would we do that when Monroe is about to want his fat extension?

    Sacramento and Dallas have the same problem as Detroit. They both want to compete (or at least Sacramento's new ownership might want to look like they're competing) but what can they realistically trade for Rudy? Dallas can't trade a first-round pick because their first-rounder is committed through 2018 (it's a protected trade to OKC, so they can't trade future first-round picks until the OKC pick resolves) and other than picks what do they have? You need to throw in Shawn Marion just to make the money even BEGIN to work and then what - Ricky Ledo? Jae Crowder? Gal Mekel? I don't see that happening.

    Sacramento has it even worse. First-round pick committed to Cleveland through potentially 2017, all of their second-rounders gone for the next few years, and all they would realistically be moving is Jimmer Fredette and one of their surplus of bigs (Mbah a Moute, Patterson, or Jason Thompson) plus John Salmons' salary to make the numbers work.

    We went through this a few threads back. Milwaukee, Cleveland, Charlotte and maaaaybeeee Detroit are really the only teams both probably looking to improve at SF and who have the movable assets to justify trading Rudy away.
    Yes, but this completely ignores the possibility of 3 team trades. Maybe Dallas or Sacto have something another team wants, and that could help facilitate Gay being acquired by either of them. I agree that in a straight up situation, it's hard to find a suitor for Gay, but I also think that such situations are hardly the norm when it comes to blockbuster trades. Dallas and Sacto both have pieces, contractually speaking, that can work well enough to start a discussion.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Oct 11th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

  18. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure that MU would be able to get a first-rounder back for Gay from anyone.

    I'd be very happy with Jimmer, Jason Thompson and filler.
    Or maybe Mbah a Moute, Salmons (as salary filler, he will not have be on the team next season as he has a non-guaranteed deal) and filler.

  19. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bill and Jalen really love Gay.....as a trade chip. Seen the Washington preview yet? Add them to the list

  20. #79
    Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Cleveland wants LeBron, not Rudy, and they won't know what LeBron's decision is until June. If LBJ stays put then the Cavs may be interested in Rudy's expiring contract for next season, that is if Rudy doesn't opt out in June. Bottom line is that Rudy gets traded elsewhere or stays put this season.

  21. #80
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Or maybe Mbah a Moute, Salmons (as salary filler, he will not have be on the team next season as he has a non-guaranteed deal) and filler.
    So all these trades are going to amount to Mbah a Moute for Ed Davis. I would have rather kept Davis and finished lower in the standings to have a shot at a decent player that will be the next trade target for Raptors Republic to want to trade for a similar player because the grass is always greener.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •