Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose - 23rd in the NBA (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalen knew DeMar scored 18ppg last season right??

Btw, still love Bill Simmons. One of the most entertaining guy in sports.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      Jalen knew DeMar scored 18ppg last season right??

Probably not. But then again Jalen has a post-NBA life and probably hasn't memorized every players ppg average.

Jeez Louise, everybody bitching about how inaccurate it was and how little research was done. Do you realize Simmons and Rose spend 15 minutes of conversation on ALL 30 teams? I would love to see you all of you spend 15 minutes talking about Milwaukee, Phoenix, whoever, and be as accurate for every team in the NBA as they were for Toronto.

At least they did some actual analysis and acknowledged the future with Jonas and Masai. So now, they don't remember the ppg average of the 110-ish best player in the NBA, but I enjoy hearing them talk ball.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Probably not. But then again Jalen has a post-NBA life and probably hasn't memorized every players ppg average.

Jeez Louise, everybody bitching about how inaccurate it was and how little research was done. Do you realize Simmons and Rose spend 15 minutes of conversation on ALL 30 teams? I would love to see you all of you spend 15 minutes talking about Milwaukee, Phoenix, whoever, and be as accurate for every team in the NBA as they were for Toronto.

At least they did some actual analysis and acknowledged the future with Jonas and Masai. So now, they don't remember the ppg average of the 110-ish best player in the NBA, but I enjoy hearing them talk ball.
        If you're paid to do this for a living, then it's not too much to ask to provide accurate information. 30 teams isn't a lot when it's your job

Comment

Oh good god get a sense of humour. honestly man.

Comment

This segment was funny and most of it was true. The Demar Derozan comment just ticked me off a little though. I truly do believe Demar is the most underrated player in the league with the US media.

He was ranked 104th in the ESPN player rankings like c'mon, this dude is 18 PPG scorer and was 17th in the NBA last year. Top 10 Shooting Guard in the NBA. Yeah he can't shoot the 3 and play defense but this dude deserves some recognition.

Honestly I feel like its too late to tank. We can't decide to tank halfway through the season, because we'll be a .500 team in the beginning as long as we have Gay. There are teams that have planned way in advance to tank and will be ahead of the game for top 3 picks example: Philly, Utah, Suns maybe Celtics.

Comment

Let's just move-on and watch the remaining Grantland previews. it's by far the most entertaining thing this pre-season.

Random realization: Toronto should sign Boobie Gibson as our 3 point shooting back-up shooting guard. I'm surprised noone has picked him up yet.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Vaguely related aside: in the Cleveland preview (which, incidentally, marks the first major disagreement between Bill and Jalen - Bill thinks they realize mid-season they won't make playoffs and divert accordingly, Jalen thinks they make playoffs), they agreed that Cleveland was definitely a team that would consider trading for Rudy.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  Vaguely related aside: in the Cleveland preview (which, incidentally, marks the first major disagreement between Bill and Jalen - Bill thinks they realize mid-season they won't make playoffs and divert accordingly, Jalen thinks they make playoffs), they agreed that Cleveland was definitely a team that would consider trading for Rudy.
                  Milwaukee
                  Cleveland
                  Charlotte
                  and possibly Detroit (least likely)

are 4 teams Ujiri is just sitting back and waiting on. All of those teams are desperate to make the playoffs. It is just a matter of waiting until which team panics and makes the offer he is comfortable with..... at least I hope that is what is going on.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    Let's just move-on and watch the remaining Grantland previews. it's by far the most entertaining thing this pre-season.

Random realization: Toronto should sign Boobie Gibson as our 3 point shooting back-up shooting guard. I'm surprised noone has picked him up yet.
                    Well...the thing about Boobie Gibson is that he's the Steve Novak of guards....he doesn't do anything well other than shoot 3s (and shot only 34% last year). He doesn't run the point well, and can't defend either guard position. He's a 3rd stringer at best who benefited from a good situation in Cleveland for awhile. And I think his one-dimensional game is a bigger problem than it is for a guy like Novak, who you could probably have an easier time hiding defensively. But for a guard, specifically a guy who only has the physique to play PG, he'll surely way more defensive responsibility than he could handle.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Milwaukee
                      Cleveland
                      Charlotte
                      and possibly Detroit (least likely)

are 4 teams Ujiri is just sitting back and waiting on. All of those teams are desperate to make the playoffs. It is just a matter of waiting until which team panics and makes the offer he is comfortable with..... at least I hope that is what is going on.
                      Just considering options for teams that might want Gay, and could see them trying to trade for him...what about Sacto? What about Dallas? ...Not sure if there are others, but I think either of those teams could want to get him.

Sacto seems to be aiming for improvement this year, even if they still don't expect to make the playoffs. Dallas is always active and definitely has enough question marks that they could try to course correct with a big trade.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Just considering options for teams that might want Gay, and could see them trying to trade for him...what about Sacto? What about Dallas? ...Not sure if there are others, but I think either of those teams could want to get him.

Sacto seems to be aiming for improvement this year, even if they still don't expect to make the playoffs. Dallas is always active and definitely has enough question marks that they could try to course correct with a big trade.
                        Matt's list was of the teams that both might want Rudy and have the assets to be able to trade for him, which was why Detroit was his "least likely" - they have no picks they can trade, which means they're looking at Greg Monroe plus bodies for Rudy most likely, and why would we do that when Monroe is about to want his fat extension?

Sacramento and Dallas have the same problem as Detroit. They both want to compete (or at least Sacramento's new ownership might want to look like they're competing) but what can they realistically trade for Rudy? Dallas can't trade a first-round pick because their first-rounder is committed through 2018 (it's a protected trade to OKC, so they can't trade future first-round picks until the OKC pick resolves) and other than picks what do they have? You need to throw in Shawn Marion just to make the money even BEGIN to work and then what - Ricky Ledo? Jae Crowder? Gal Mekel? I don't see that happening.

Sacramento has it even worse. First-round pick committed to Cleveland through potentially 2017, all of their second-rounders gone for the next few years, and all they would realistically be moving is Jimmer Fredette and one of their surplus of bigs (Mbah a Moute, Patterson, or Jason Thompson) plus John Salmons' salary to make the numbers work.

We went through this a few threads back. Milwaukee, Cleveland, Charlotte and maaaaybeeee Detroit are really the only teams both probably looking to improve at SF and who have the movable assets to justify trading Rudy away.

Comment

I'd add Phoenix to the Gay sweepstakes.. they have a new GM so I could be wrong, and they look like they are tanking. But that team needs a pseudo star.. and were negotiating with Memphis on a Gay deal before BC swooped in.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

I'll bet Dallas would love him, but I can't think of a single asset they have that would pique MU's interest.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I'd add Phoenix to the Gay sweepstakes.. they have a new GM so I could be wrong, and they look like they are tanking. But that team needs a pseudo star.. and were negotiating with Memphis on a Gay deal before BC swooped in.
                              If Phoenix hadn't already waived Beasley I would say there was the tiniest chance this was correct. But they did wave him, they have their pseudo-star (Eric Bledsoe) and they're collecting as many picks as possible for a quick and effective tank. There is no chance they will trade for Rudy unless we send draft picks along with him.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                                Sacramento has it even worse. First-round pick committed to Cleveland through potentially 2017, all of their second-rounders gone for the next few years, and all they would realistically be moving is Jimmer Fredette and one of their surplus of bigs (Mbah a Moute, Patterson, or Jason Thompson) plus John Salmons' salary to make the numbers work.
                                I'm not sure that MU would be able to get a first-rounder back for Gay from anyone.

I'd be very happy with Jimmer, Jason Thompson and filler.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X