Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ending Injury to the Raps Mascot made the front page of SI.com

http://nba.si.com/2013/10/10/raptors...2_a5&eref=sihp

“My daughter cried,” coach Dwane Casey said of the news.

19 years on the job is very impressive. Hopefully the dude is ok in the long run.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

The best mascot in the league seriously hope he has a speedy recovery. Horrible news The Raptor is my muthafucking homie only reason going to losing games was somewahat bearable for me and a lot of fans.

Hes incredible.

Comment

ah shit, guys, we're screwed.

Comment

Couldn't they find a replacement Raptor? Something tells me this is part of the whole rebranding thing...
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Couldn't they find a replacement Raptor? Something tells me this is part of the whole rebranding thing...
          I doubt it's a conspiracy. If they wanted to rebrand the mascot, they could just rebrand the mascot without any questions asked (the guy inside the suit is what matters). This is a legit injury.

EDIT: I think they will find someone else to wear the suit in the coming weeks.

Comment

"A Raptors spokesperson said they have a plan in place to replace the mascot. There was no immediate word if it would involve an inflatable version of the team’s new global ambassador, Drake."

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I doubt it's a conspiracy. If they wanted to rebrand the mascot, they could just rebrand the mascot without any questions asked (the guy inside the suit is what matters). This is a legit injury.

EDIT: I think they will find someone else to wear the suit in the coming weeks.
              Maybe not a conspiracy but I have a feeling the new mascot's number will change from 95 to 16 (or 2016)

Comment

They do have a replacement already lined up for opening night. But honestly, who saw "THE" raptor guy blowing out his achilles during a routine PR/school visit in Halifax? He sure does go all out, all the time!

Comment

According to Eric Koreen (@ekoreen), he blew his achilles doing a back flip.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    According to Eric Koreen (@ekoreen), he blew his achilles doing a back flip.
                    Ouch speedy recovery Raptor. No sarcasm im actually really sad about this.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised. Seems like they are trying to get rid of anything that is even remotely connected to the 'losing culture' associated with the team from day 1 until now. Sacrificing the mascot is a bit much, but you never know. I wouldn't be surprised to see a feng shui master re-arranging the ACC to improve our luck. lol.

Comment

It's the rebranding thing! Lieweke waited outside the Raptors' dressing room and broke his knee with a hockey stick! The opening night mascot is gonna be a Husky!
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          It's the rebranding thing! Lieweke waited outside the Raptors' dressing room and broke his knee with a hockey stick! The opening night mascot is gonna be a Husky!
                          And then glass breaks and Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out, gives Drake a stunner and puts the belt around the Husky's waist.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            while yelling out "bitch didn't you know dinosaurs are extinct hahaha"

Comment

And then glass breaks and Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out, gives Drake a stunner and puts the belt around the Husky's waist.
                              and then Dmx comes out to perform "Ruff Ryder's" as the Raptors new theme

Comment

Working...
                              X