• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Zach Lowe also just wrote an article about how great the Raptor is

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...reat-performer

I love Zach Lowe.

Comment

Hope he can still dress up and sit at the bench the kids would appreciate take care of him MLSE! might as well get front row seats to every Rap game while he recovers.

18 years of service? its the least they can do. either close to the Raps team or sitting at the scorers/commentary table with Jack and Matt.

Comment

Get well soon!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Get well soon!
            What a Gangster our Mascot is got up like a champ and walked off didnt draw attention to it. When walking off the stage you can really tell on the 1st step he tore it.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              What a Gangster our Mascot is got up like a champ and walked off didnt draw attention to it.
              Yeah, kobe's mentality

Comment

Front page of SI? wow.

I guess the Raptor is more popular than the Raptors players.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post

I love Zach Lowe.
                  I was just coming to post this^^^^

Ditto on the love for Zach Lowe, he's BY FAR my favourite bball journalist.

This doesn't really belong here, but I'm to lazy to create a new thread. This is a really really really interesting article also from grantland... definitely worth a click IMO. I'm also really curious to see if they release the results for all players and how the raps (specifically Rudy Gay) do.

LINK

Back to the point of the thread, it is really sad about the injury. The Raptor is a pro! I'm also kind of curious as to why they didn't keep it on the d.l. and just put someone else in the suit?

A friend of mine from my hometown is married to a guy who filled in for the Raptor for 3 games back in the late 90's (can't remember why). I mean, if they put a new guy in the suit, how many of us would know? And has it actually always been the same guy since the franchise started? I'd have assumed that there'd have been at least 2-3 raptors at this point.

But again, I've always been impressed by the raptor's work, and I wish him a speedy recovery. All of the outpouring of sympathy/sadness is totally justified.
                  Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri Oct 11, 2013, 04:53 PM.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    ..This doesn't really belong here, but I'm to lazy to create a new thread. This is a really really really interesting article also from grantland... definitely worth a click IMO. I'm also really curious to see if they release the results for all players and how the raps (specifically Rudy Gay) do....

Great article. Thanks for finding and posting it.

Comment

why am i crying?!?!?
                      gonna miss him ...alot
                      one of the best mascots in the nba
                      recover quickly boo<3
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post

This doesn't really belong here, but I'm to lazy to create a new thread. This is a really really really interesting article also from grantland... definitely worth a click IMO. I'm also really curious to see if they release the results for all players and how the raps (specifically Rudy Gay) do.

[URL="http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9795591/kirk-goldsberry-introduces-new-way-understand-nba-best-scorers"]

Posted a thread about this in the NBA forum a couple of days ago (since it doesn't technically mention any Raptors). So far I've been unable to find the full database to see how Gay/DD rank.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post

I love Zach Lowe.

I'm not sure if this is just news to me and that everyone else already knew but did you catch the part of the article where he said his inlaws live in toronto and his sister in law has seasons tickets? It might explain why he's always treated them with some sort of respect. Not sure if that is bad or good. Likely neither . Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                          X