Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Season Ending Injury to the Raps Mascot made the front page of SI.com

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    What a Gangster our Mascot is got up like a champ and walked off didnt draw attention to it.
    Yeah, kobe's mentality

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Front page of SI? wow.

I guess the Raptor is more popular than the Raptors players.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Zach Lowe also just wrote an article about how great the Raptor is

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...reat-performer

I love Zach Lowe.
    I was just coming to post this^^^^

Ditto on the love for Zach Lowe, he's BY FAR my favourite bball journalist.

This doesn't really belong here, but I'm to lazy to create a new thread. This is a really really really interesting article also from grantland... definitely worth a click IMO. I'm also really curious to see if they release the results for all players and how the raps (specifically Rudy Gay) do.

LINK

Back to the point of the thread, it is really sad about the injury. The Raptor is a pro! I'm also kind of curious as to why they didn't keep it on the d.l. and just put someone else in the suit?

A friend of mine from my hometown is married to a guy who filled in for the Raptor for 3 games back in the late 90's (can't remember why). I mean, if they put a new guy in the suit, how many of us would know? And has it actually always been the same guy since the franchise started? I'd have assumed that there'd have been at least 2-3 raptors at this point.

But again, I've always been impressed by the raptor's work, and I wish him a speedy recovery. All of the outpouring of sympathy/sadness is totally justified.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Fri Oct 11th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

4. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    ..This doesn't really belong here, but I'm to lazy to create a new thread. This is a really really really interesting article also from grantland... definitely worth a click IMO. I'm also really curious to see if they release the results for all players and how the raps (specifically Rudy Gay) do....

Great article. Thanks for finding and posting it.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why am i crying?!?!?
    gonna miss him ...alot
    one of the best mascots in the nba
    recover quickly boo<3
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post

This doesn't really belong here, but I'm to lazy to create a new thread. This is a really really really interesting article also from grantland... definitely worth a click IMO. I'm also really curious to see if they release the results for all players and how the raps (specifically Rudy Gay) do.

[URL="http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9795591/kirk-goldsberry-introduces-new-way-understand-nba-best-scorers"]

Posted a thread about this in the NBA forum a couple of days ago (since it doesn't technically mention any Raptors). So far I've been unable to find the full database to see how Gay/DD rank.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Zach Lowe also just wrote an article about how great the Raptor is

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...reat-performer

I love Zach Lowe.

I'm not sure if this is just news to me and that everyone else already knew but did you catch the part of the article where he said his inlaws live in toronto and his sister in law has seasons tickets? It might explain why he's always treated them with some sort of respect. Not sure if that is bad or good. Likely neither . Interesting.

9. Like Nilanka liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information