Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Raps Vs. Knicks (game thread)

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields is terrible omg

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Acy replaces anyone, its obviously Fields. Ross has the athleticism to be useful to the team, it might just come in inconsistent spurts this year.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Ross was bad tonight but played in control shots just werent falling, Acy is energetic and plays D. can hit jumpers plus is explosive if in dunking distance. cy developing a perimeter game was probably a failsafe for Fields shitting the bed going into this season.

So far looks like he is.. goddam 0-6 on 2 separate nights guy is the new Rasual Butler.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    If Acy replaces anyone, its obviously Fields. Ross has the athleticism to be useful to the team, it might just come in inconsistent spurts this year.
    People put too much stock into athleticism. He did not play under control and you can say the same thing about Landry. he played under control shots just weren't falling. Also Terrence's bad defense is really want I can't deal with. He makes so many mistakes. I don't know, I just feel more comfortable with Landry in the game even though he can't shoot because he doesn't let that affect the rest of his game and he will find other ways to score. He got to the line 6 times and made all of them. That's pretty good. If Terrence's shot wasn't falling he would never do that and then on top of that he would be playing horrendously on defense. Where as Landry is a much better defender.

5. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A bunch of ppl here are overreacting like crazy. Acy was great tonight but he's NOT better than Fields. And no way Fields mins go to Acy.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

No one said he's better than anyone but he has earned a more serious look for time on the floor. It's still pre-season and maybe that would light a fire under Terrance if he wants to get minutes during the regular season.

8. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    A bunch of ppl here are overreacting like crazy. Acy was great tonight but he's NOT better than Fields. And no way Fields mins go to Acy.
    If we are still talking "accountability" Fields has done nothing to earn the minutes..... Acy is working hard he could take it from him. Same goes for the Augustine and Buycks situation.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quincy said post-game that Casey's actually encouraging him to take threes like he did today. Interesting..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Quincy said post-game that Casey's actually encouraging him to take threes like he did today. Interesting..
    I think he means in the flow of things he was wide open out there feet set perfect catch let it fly Quincy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If we are still talking "accountability" Fields has done nothing to earn the minutes..... Acy is working hard he could take it from him. Same goes for the Augustine and Buycks situation.
    Acy is working hard i can see that but he's not a 3. So stop with these "Acy should get Fields minutes" nonsense. Not gonna happen.

Acy is nothing more than an energy guy. That's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well sooner or later the Fields situation needs to be addressed! is all im saying how many more nights is this guy going to keep going impact-less on games? and just get a free ride?

Daye, Acy, Ross, Novak Buycks Augustine Wright Morais are all wings capable of taking his minutes if he continues his downward spiral.

Post Thanks / Like

Fields impacts the game on the defensive end of the floor. Any offense that you can get from him is gravy.

Fields is the team's BEST perimeter defender on this Raps team by a mile. I thought he was underused last year actually. This year i want to see Fields guard the opposing teams best perimeter player late in the game.

15. Like drunkmunky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, i want to see more of Julyan Stone. His skillset intrigues me. 6'7 guy that can handle and pass the ball. Interesting prospect. Hope he makes the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Fields impacts the game on the defensive end of the floor. Any offense that you can get from him is gravy.

Fields is the team's BEST perimeter defender on this Raps team by a mile. I thought he was underused last year actually. This year i want to see Fields guard the opposing teams best perimeter player late in the game.
    You are absolutely right. Terrence isn't impacting the game in anyway right now. Just because he's super athletic people are standing up for him but he is playing terrible and it's on him. You have a guy like Derozan where people hate because all he does is score but then you have a guy on our team that does all the things Demar doesn't do and they hate because he can't shoot. Not that he can't score but he can't shoot, because Landry can still score. And that's one of the things I like about him, even though his shot is gone he still finds ways to score and doesn't let it affect the rest of his game. People are letting Landry's inability to shoot the ball from three blind them from all the other things he's doing well. Hey at least he's clearly improved his free throw shooting. And if the coaching staff wants him to get to the basket more him being able to shoot free throws will be great. He just needs to finish better when he gets to the basket but that will come. He's missing easy layups right now that he would normally make.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, i want to see more of Julyan Stone. His skillset intrigues me. 6'7 guy that can handle and pass the ball. Interesting prospect. Hope he makes the team.
    After seeing Stone and Ross walk off the court same time, Stone looked a lot closer to 6'5" for some reason. But yea, i wanna see Stone make the team.

Post Thanks / Like

So far looks like he is.. goddam 0-6 on 2 separate nights guy is the new Rasual Butler.
    You watch your mouth. Rasual Butler is sacred ground around here. Lol
    No one will ever have as negative an impact on a game in so little time.
    In Masai we Trust.

20. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

was reading some of the knicks forum and saw some funny/interesting comments:

Bargnani does nothing out there
    Stop shooting Barggy boy
    Bargnani is TERRIBLE
    (a lot of quotes like this)

Rudy Gay is a poor mans Derozan
    Derozan and Andrew Wiggins are going to be a pain in our ass next year

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you meant to say "Ross has done nothing to earn minutes..." The only thing Ross has going for himself at this point is he is young, so you can somehow explain his bone-headed stupidness on offense and defense. For all his problems with his shot, Fields hasn't missed the backboard yet this season which I have seen Ross do three times. And I don't think Fields has ever had an opposing team member blow right by him the way that Ross seems to at least once every game.

Trade Ross now, for anything.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Acy had a big game and I hope he gets more minutes as he deserves them.. the guy that has been really unimpressive has been Buycks.. wasn't he the MVP in some French league prior to coming here? I say give Stone his minutes in the next preseason game.

Post Thanks / Like

I said it plenty of times last year .. T.Ross is a bone head that thinks too highly of himself and relies on his natural talent too much. He doesn't particularly have the basketball IQ to develop consistency and professionalism. Hopefully these things are weeded out, but most likely, he needs a big ego bruising in order for it to happen.

Send him down to the D-league for a handful of games and let him reflect on what's going on.
    Look at how humble Acy is at the opportunity to play. His hustle and his heart is to be effective and professional. T.Ross already assumes that he'll be on the floor at any time and even before the season started he was asking for more minutes...

What was he? 2 points in 20 minutes last night? pfff.
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Sat Oct 12th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Thread Information