Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Raps Vs. Knicks (game thread)

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Acy had a big game and I hope he gets more minutes as he deserves them.. the guy that has been really unimpressive has been Buycks.. wasn't he the MVP in some French league prior to coming here? I say give Stone his minutes in the next preseason game.
    Buycks showed flashes of usefulness this game, Im not sure what you are talking about.
    He was able to read the defense pretty well, showed some speed and finishing ability, I now just want to see how he runs the team in general.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Buycks is one of the few players on the bench that can create his own shot. DJ Augustin is a catch a shoot player in comparison, so he needs plays to set that up.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Buycks showed flashes of usefulness this game, Im not sure what you are talking about.
    He was able to read the defense pretty well, showed some speed and finishing ability, I now just want to see how he runs the team in general.
    I want my PG to be able to run a team, and not just be another SG on the team. I'm just not impressed. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at this point I'm ready to see more of Stone and less of Buycks.

4. Like lilmamba_, TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want my PG to be able to run a team, and not just be another SG on the team. I'm just not impressed. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at this point I'm ready to see more of Stone and less of Buycks.
    fair enough, I like both of their defense so far. I want to see Stone get more of an opportunity to run the team at the point to see his distribution skills. Atleast neither are as negative an impact to the flow of the offense as John Lucas was.

6. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

D League worked for Acy last season Ross should have been there too cause we had AA and he was playing a bigger role than he should have. I really want to see Ross become 6th man for the team but goddam hes so frustrating.

Im trembling at the thought of playing Augustine, Ross Fields, Novak and Hansborough together for extended minutes cause I assume thats the bench....

DeMar and or Rudy have to be out there all game they can handle it.

Post Thanks / Like

Buycks is playing like he doesn't want to make mistakes, and its causing him to doubt himself... and make mistakes. it happens. problem is he's constantly looking over his back. You gotta let Buycks be Buycks.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Buycks is playing like he doesn't want to make mistakes, and its causing him to doubt himself... and make mistakes. it happens. problem is he's constantly looking over his back. You gotta let Buycks be Buycks.
    I guess I can agree with that. Buycks can definitely score and is a MUCH better defender than DJ. Maybe he looked so bad creating for others because he was playing with third stringers. Maybe if he was playing with the main bench guys or some starters he would look better. Time will tell. But Casey seems to really like Buycks and Stone so that doesn't bode well for DJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I guess I can agree with that. Buycks can definitely score and is a MUCH better defender than DJ. Maybe he looked so bad creating for others because he was playing with third stringers. Maybe if he was playing with the main bench guys or some starters he would look better. Time will tell. But Casey seems to really like Buycks and Stone so that doesn't bode well for DJ.
    Its preseason. DC wants to know what he's got; he's trying them out for third string in my opinion.
    I think DJ is his first PG off the bench. And rightfully so.
    With KLs style, having a guy like DJ (who's been a starter in this league) is a huge asset.
    I would be surprised and disappointed if DJ didn't get the back-up minutes.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

caught the replay just now

1. stone still looks completely lost on an nba court
    2. byucks will probably get the 3rd pg slot. maybe 2nd at the rate DJ is playing
    3. acy did good at dleague last year, did even better at summer league this year, and is just doing amazing right now. how can you not give him a roster slot.

my only concern is casey.
    that is, is casey competent enough to use all these tools available to him now. can he effectively work a rotation of jv, amir, tyler, acy, gray.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

we made nba.coms highlights three times this morning hahaha
    its an accomplishment fellas
    at #9, 7, and 2
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly buyks gave me a headache last night and t ross wasnt performing well either ughh
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stone has 0 offensive game, he's just a great defender and decent passer. Buycks value is actually in his defense rather than his offense.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys can reflect on the talent that we have on the bench this year, it really highlights how poor of judgement and decision making Brian Colanegelo had for player selection.

That might include Rudy Gay....

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    caught the replay just now

1. stone still looks completely lost on an nba court
    2. byucks will probably get the 3rd pg slot. maybe 2nd at the rate DJ is playing
    3. acy did good at dleague last year, did even better at summer league this year, and is just doing amazing right now. how can you not give him a roster slot.

that is, is casey competent enough to use all these tools available to him now. can he effectively work a rotation of jv, amir, tyler, acy, gray.
    In Casey's post-game press conference he basically answers the backup point guard question. He said essentially they are at the same level, with not one being better than the other. Playing time would be dictated by their differing defensive styles, with Buycks being more of an attack defender with Augustin being a more traditional stay in front of your man.. Also, he talked up Stone's defense so expect Stone to make the team as a versatile defender.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about DD's performance last night was that, most of the 20 was on Iman. Knicks best perimeter defender.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    The best thing about DD's performance last night was that, most of the 20 was on Iman. Knicks best perimeter defender.
    I think he had a couple of nice moves against Artest too. Overall he didn't really get rattled by anybody. Just wish that jumper was falling.

Post Thanks / Like

Demar hit two nice fading jumpers in the midrange. Its his 3 jumper that hasnt fallen yet.

Im not worried. If Demar continues to play this composed, this focused, and this intelligent (those two passes to Val after Chandler sagged were beautiful to see) his 3 will be nothing but a BONUS.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Buycks value is actually in his defense rather than his offense.
    But at the same time, I don't think we brought him in just to be the "Landry Fields" of the PG spot...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    DING DING DING

If anyone can really screw things up, it's Casey.

Tho maybe that's the warlord MU's plan all along.
    @jerboat

22. Like FoxMachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    If anyone can really screw things up, it's Casey.

Tho maybe that's the warlord MU's plan all along.
    'Give him enough slack to hang himself with' per se? It's been done before, so wouldn't be the first time. Any warlord knows, you always have to have an out. Casey will be the first to be thrown under the bus I imagine.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information