No announcement yet.

Raps Vs. Knicks (game thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well sooner or later the Fields situation needs to be addressed! is all im saying how many more nights is this guy going to keep going impact-less on games? and just get a free ride?

Daye, Acy, Ross, Novak Buycks Augustine Wright Morais are all wings capable of taking his minutes if he continues his downward spiral.

Comment

• Fields impacts the game on the defensive end of the floor. Any offense that you can get from him is gravy.

Fields is the team's BEST perimeter defender on this Raps team by a mile. I thought he was underused last year actually. This year i want to see Fields guard the opposing teams best perimeter player late in the game.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Btw, i want to see more of Julyan Stone. His skillset intrigues me. 6'7 guy that can handle and pass the ball. Interesting prospect. Hope he makes the team.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Fields impacts the game on the defensive end of the floor. Any offense that you can get from him is gravy.

Fields is the team's BEST perimeter defender on this Raps team by a mile. I thought he was underused last year actually. This year i want to see Fields guard the opposing teams best perimeter player late in the game.
          You are absolutely right. Terrence isn't impacting the game in anyway right now. Just because he's super athletic people are standing up for him but he is playing terrible and it's on him. You have a guy like Derozan where people hate because all he does is score but then you have a guy on our team that does all the things Demar doesn't do and they hate because he can't shoot. Not that he can't score but he can't shoot, because Landry can still score. And that's one of the things I like about him, even though his shot is gone he still finds ways to score and doesn't let it affect the rest of his game. People are letting Landry's inability to shoot the ball from three blind them from all the other things he's doing well. Hey at least he's clearly improved his free throw shooting. And if the coaching staff wants him to get to the basket more him being able to shoot free throws will be great. He just needs to finish better when he gets to the basket but that will come. He's missing easy layups right now that he would normally make.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Btw, i want to see more of Julyan Stone. His skillset intrigues me. 6'7 guy that can handle and pass the ball. Interesting prospect. Hope he makes the team.
            After seeing Stone and Ross walk off the court same time, Stone looked a lot closer to 6'5" for some reason. But yea, i wanna see Stone make the team.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              So far looks like he is.. goddam 0-6 on 2 separate nights guy is the new Rasual Butler.
              You watch your mouth. Rasual Butler is sacred ground around here. Lol
              No one will ever have as negative an impact on a game in so little time.

Comment

• was reading some of the knicks forum and saw some funny/interesting comments:

Bargnani does nothing out there
                Stop shooting Barggy boy
                Bargnani is TERRIBLE
                (a lot of quotes like this)

Rudy Gay is a poor mans Derozan
                Derozan and Andrew Wiggins are going to be a pain in our ass next year

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  If we are still talking "accountability" Fields has done nothing to earn the minutes..... Acy is working hard he could take it from him. Same goes for the Augustine and Buycks situation.
                  I think you meant to say "Ross has done nothing to earn minutes..." The only thing Ross has going for himself at this point is he is young, so you can somehow explain his bone-headed stupidness on offense and defense. For all his problems with his shot, Fields hasn't missed the backboard yet this season which I have seen Ross do three times. And I don't think Fields has ever had an opposing team member blow right by him the way that Ross seems to at least once every game.

Trade Ross now, for anything.

Comment

• Acy had a big game and I hope he gets more minutes as he deserves them.. the guy that has been really unimpressive has been Buycks.. wasn't he the MVP in some French league prior to coming here? I say give Stone his minutes in the next preseason game.

Comment

• I said it plenty of times last year .. T.Ross is a bone head that thinks too highly of himself and relies on his natural talent too much. He doesn't particularly have the basketball IQ to develop consistency and professionalism. Hopefully these things are weeded out, but most likely, he needs a big ego bruising in order for it to happen.

Send him down to the D-league for a handful of games and let him reflect on what's going on.
                      Look at how humble Acy is at the opportunity to play. His hustle and his heart is to be effective and professional. T.Ross already assumes that he'll be on the floor at any time and even before the season started he was asking for more minutes...

What was he? 2 points in 20 minutes last night? pfff.
                      Last edited by drunkmunky; Sat Oct 12, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Acy had a big game and I hope he gets more minutes as he deserves them.. the guy that has been really unimpressive has been Buycks.. wasn't he the MVP in some French league prior to coming here? I say give Stone his minutes in the next preseason game.
                        Buycks showed flashes of usefulness this game, Im not sure what you are talking about.
                        He was able to read the defense pretty well, showed some speed and finishing ability, I now just want to see how he runs the team in general.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Buycks is one of the few players on the bench that can create his own shot. DJ Augustin is a catch a shoot player in comparison, so he needs plays to set that up.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Buycks showed flashes of usefulness this game, Im not sure what you are talking about.
                            He was able to read the defense pretty well, showed some speed and finishing ability, I now just want to see how he runs the team in general.
                            I want my PG to be able to run a team, and not just be another SG on the team. I'm just not impressed. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at this point I'm ready to see more of Stone and less of Buycks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I want my PG to be able to run a team, and not just be another SG on the team. I'm just not impressed. Hopefully he proves me wrong but at this point I'm ready to see more of Stone and less of Buycks.
                              fair enough, I like both of their defense so far. I want to see Stone get more of an opportunity to run the team at the point to see his distribution skills. Atleast neither are as negative an impact to the flow of the offense as John Lucas was.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• D League worked for Acy last season Ross should have been there too cause we had AA and he was playing a bigger role than he should have. I really want to see Ross become 6th man for the team but goddam hes so frustrating.

Im trembling at the thought of playing Augustine, Ross Fields, Novak and Hansborough together for extended minutes cause I assume thats the bench....

DeMar and or Rudy have to be out there all game they can handle it.

Comment

Working...
                                X