Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: The ACC crowd is an embarassment to Toronto Basketball

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The ACC crowd is an embarassment to Toronto Basketball

    As much as I disliked Bargs and other underachievers in any sport, I always found it embarassing when he was boo'd at the ACC. I cannot imagine how much it tarnished our perception in the eyes of opposing players as well as our own. In Amir's words:

    "We were pissed, man," Johnson said of the booing. "No matter if he was playing well or not, as fans they should just be supportive, and for us no matter if we win or lose. We were kind of upset about that."
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...argnanis-back/

    I am dreading the displays of ignorance at the ACC tonight. Reminds me why I decided to boycott games at the ACC; its an insult to the intelligence of a true basketball fan. Once you watch a game in an American city and observe how they experience a basketball game, you are turned off the ACC "fans" forever.

    And dont even get me started on the Pizza Pizza standing ovations...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBHBC8qsgs

    Hands down - worst crowd in the league! Loud as hell, but dumb as f*^%. Its too bad the people in this board make up such a small percentage of that crowd...

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe if he gave us something to cheer for?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    Maybe if he gave us something to cheer for?
    But, it doesn't just affect Bargs, it affects the whole organization. There are other ways to show displeasure without pissing off everyone associated with the team.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote phez wrote: View Post
    Maybe if he gave us something to cheer for?
    I was looking over his stats today, and I'd forgotten that he actually averaged 21+ ppg for a whole season (66 gp) three years ago.

    21+ ppg.

    It doesn't make sense. I don't remember this. Did this happen? How did this happen?

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You're right with couple things vegeta, but you should be banned right now for calling raps fans worst crowd in NBA. Fuck off.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He hit shots...that's what happened. Last year his shooting was brutal, if he gets back to 21+ppg with NYK they will be happy, even if he hurts their defense.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    You're right with couple things vegeta, but you should be banned right now for calling raps fans worst crowd in NBA. Fuck off.
    Until Toronto, boos santa off the court that distinction will rest with Philly.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  8. Like blackjitsu, rocwell liked this post
  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,053
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Until Toronto, boos santa off the court that distinction will rest with Philly.
    sounds fair.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    You're right with couple things vegeta, but you should be banned right now for calling raps fans worst crowd in NBA. Fuck off.
    Quote vegeta wrote: View Post
    In Amir's words:
    "We were pissed, man," Johnson said of the booing. "No matter if he was playing well or not, as fans they should just be supportive, and for us no matter if we win or lose. We were kind of upset about that."
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...argnanis-back/
    Quote vegeta wrote: View Post
    Hands down - worst crowd in the league! Loud as hell, but dumb as f*^%. Its too bad the people in this board make up such a small percentage of that crowd...
    Vegeta, your statement is a little harsh. I'd amend it to something like "the worst Raptors fans, who seem to make up a not-insignificant proportion of ticket-buyers, are the worst fans in the league." This I could agree with.

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I was looking over his stats today, and I'd forgotten that he actually averaged 21+ ppg for a whole season (66 gp) three years ago.

    21+ ppg.

    It doesn't make sense. I don't remember this. Did this happen? How did this happen?
    that can happen when you are the one of the only two people on a team that can score (the other was derozan)

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Etobicoke<3
    Posts
    2,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote vegeta wrote: View Post
    Hands down - worst crowd in the league! Loud as hell, but dumb as f*^%.
    man that was a bit harsh.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Go fuck yourself! Nuff said!

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    listen, every respect to amir's comments that being booed by your own city sucks

    at the same time, you're getting paid millions of dollars to win games.
    you're in a big city like toronto
    you put up what, 6~7 years of losing seasons

    what the fuck do you expect your fans to do to you?

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The year Bargs scored 21ppg, was when Derozan was the #2 option behind Bargnani as the #1. #3 scorer was Leandro Barbosa. #4 spot is the Amnestyied Kleiza.

    Clearly that year Bargs put up 21ppg because no one else on the team was able to score.

    If you compare that year to this year, we are 150% more talented.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  16. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    The year Bargs scored 21ppg, was when Derozan was the #2 option behind Bargnani as the #1. #3 scorer was Leandro Barbosa. #4 spot is the Amnestyied Kleiza.

    Clearly that year Bargs put up 21ppg because no one else on the team was able to score.

    If you compare that year to this year, we are 150% more talented.
    Already gave a thumbs up but +1!

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I watched the Sixers play in Philly. That crowd is harsh, but knows their basketball.
    And if you notice, I said the ACC crowd was the worst in the NBA. I dont consider them fans. They are over-represented by casual voyeurs who have had the game effectively marketed to them by MLSE. They are there because its a "cool" thing to do.
    The true fans are represented by this website's banner: "Win or Lose, here we stand." Therefore, it is unacceptable for the ACC crowd to boo Andrea. This was particularly inappropriate when they did do as soon as he checked into a game, before he had even taken a single shot. And it was downright inhumane to do that to him on his first game back from injury last season!
    Next time you are at a game, look around you, listen to those near you, and you'll see what I mean. Just make sure you have a puke bucket nearby, because what you see will sicken you. I watch every game at home or at bar, but never again at the ACC!

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote vegeta wrote: View Post
    I watched the Sixers play in Philly. That crowd is harsh, but knows their basketball.
    And if you notice, I said the ACC crowd was the worst in the NBA. I dont consider them fans. They are over-represented by casual voyeurs who have had the game effectively marketed to them by MLSE. They are there because its a "cool" thing to do.
    The true fans are represented by this website's banner: "Win or Lose, here we stand." Therefore, it is unacceptable for the ACC crowd to boo Andrea. This was particularly inappropriate when they did do as soon as he checked into a game, before he had even taken a single shot. And it was downright inhumane to do that to him on his first game back from injury last season!
    Next time you are at a game, look around you, listen to those near you, and you'll see what I mean. Just make sure you have a puke bucket nearby, because what you see will sicken you. I watch every game at home or at bar, but never again at the ACC!
    lol look at this guy trying to weasel his way out! Win or Lose, here we stand! All Raptors fans are fine with that! You don't see us booing Calderon, Jack, Barbosa, Butler, or JJ. They all have their major faults that frustrated many Raptors fans. Calderon with the bad defense, Butler is just garbage and JJ jacks up shots. We didn't boo them cuz they played hard every night regardless of their flaws. Bargnani didn't give a shit! No fucks were given to the team! He never gave 110% to this team except for that small 10 or so game stretch which was just a random outlier. Kinda reminiscing of VC expect Bargnani never explicitly said it out loud to the media. He never tried on defense. He never tried to box out and get rebounds. He doesn't ever hustle for the rebound or on defense. He consistently just stands in the perimeter or around the perimeter. He's as scared of the paint as Novak. And despite all this, he's owed 10 million per year? Can't blame fans for hating his ass! I was at the Raptors-Timberwolves game on Wednesday! It was a great atmosphere. Everyone was cheering despite it being preseason, despite that we were losing, and despite the Raptors not playing their starters for most of the second half except JV. So you're absolutely wrong! Raptors are a good amazing crowd, but if a player isn't gonna give the team 100% and their best, the crowd will turn on them! You are so stupid and so misinformed! I bet you don't even go to games! You're basing this off assumptions you've randomly come up with to support your argument! Please leave RR if this is the shit you're gonna post all the time...
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Fri Oct 11th, 2013 at 07:47 PM.

  20. Like Nilanka, bounty, lilmamba_, isaacthompson liked this post
  21. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote vegeta wrote: View Post
    I watched the Sixers play in Philly. That crowd is harsh, but knows their basketball.
    And if you notice, I said the ACC crowd was the worst in the NBA. I dont consider them fans. They are over-represented by casual voyeurs who have had the game effectively marketed to them by MLSE. They are there because its a "cool" thing to do.
    The true fans are represented by this website's banner: "Win or Lose, here we stand." Therefore, it is unacceptable for the ACC crowd to boo Andrea. This was particularly inappropriate when they did do as soon as he checked into a game, before he had even taken a single shot. And it was downright inhumane to do that to him on his first game back from injury last season!
    Next time you are at a game, look around you, listen to those near you, and you'll see what I mean. Just make sure you have a puke bucket nearby, because what you see will sicken you. I watch every game at home or at bar, but never again at the ACC!
    oh hi Bargnani..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  22. Like Nilanka, bounty, Blacklash2k4 liked this post
  23. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,577
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote vegeta wrote: View Post
    Reminds me why I decided to boycott games at the ACC.
    Congratulations.





    No one cares.

  24. Like Nilanka, bounty, enlightenment, lilmamba_ liked this post
  25. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Go to china to oppress peoples opinions please.

  26. Like enlightenment liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •