No announcement yet.

Will Toronto be the new South Beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dkm, but I think all this talk of "Canadians want to play for Toronto" is a bit of a fallacy. Sure they'd like to be here, but I don't think anyone, including Bennett and even Wiggins, would go completely out of their way to do so.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't get it. What does Toronto have anything to do with a Cleveland Cavaliers win?

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        I don't get it. What does Toronto have anything to do with a Cleveland Cavaliers win?
        Tristan Thompson brought up Toronto to motivate Bennett, both of which are from Toronto and obviously feel they are 'repping' the city.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

South Beach is still going to be the popular place for players for a while..don't think Toronto is going to be in that caliber just because some players are from there and the all-star weekend, it's a step in the right direction, though.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Yeah, the South Beach reference doesn't really work, because now of those players were born and raised in South Beach. It's kind of a bad example because in the case of Lebron, he LEFT his hometown. So what you're hoping for is a reverse South Beach?
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              Dkm, but I think all this talk of "Canadians want to play for Toronto" is a bit of a fallacy. Sure they'd like to be here, but I don't think anyone, including Bennett and even Wiggins, would go completely out of their way to do so.
              Would they sacrifice millions in order to play here? Likely not. But they also wouldn't write Toronto off right away, which is something to consider as well
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I don't doubt that Leiweke has the capability to negotiate some kind of circumstance to get around this existing situation as a means to equalize the attraction of the team within the nba.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Would they sacrifice millions in order to play here? Likely not. But they also wouldn't write Toronto off right away, which is something to consider as well
                  Dude, why is your picture a foot

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                    Dude, why is your picture a foot
                    Words right out of mouth...

Comment

Working...
                    X