Clear All

• Twin Tower Dream Collapsed Thanks to BC

Now flash backward to 2012 NBA Draft

At No8, the Toronto Raptors selected Terrence Ross
    At No9, the Detroit Pistons selected Andre Drummond
    At No14, the Milwaukee Bucks selected John Henson
    At No19, the Orlando Magic selected Andrew Nicholson
    At No21, the Boston Celtics selected Jared Sullinger

Bryan Colangelo screwed up with this franchise by getting Ross who shouldn't be selected that high at No8, Ross is more of a 15-20 drafted player but instead we got him at No8 and the rest is history. The only game Ross played well last year was against the Houston Rockets. Ross will never shine when we have DeRozan and even if we traded DeMar, Ross at the best gonna be a poor man Tony Allen. I mean look at Drummond in his offseason, Henson, Nicholson, even Sullinger, all these players would contribute big minutes for the Raptors and each and every one of them would look good next to Valanciunas. That's all I'm gonna put it.

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Now flash backward to 2012 NBA Draft

At No8, the Toronto Raptors selected Terrence Ross
    At No9, the Detroit Pistons selected Andre Drummond
    At No14, the Milwaukee Bucks selected John Henson
    At No19, the Orlando Magic selected Andrew Nicholson
    At No21, the Boston Celtics selected Jared Sullinger

Bryan Colangelo screwed up with this franchise by getting Ross who shouldn't be selected that high at No8, Ross is more of a 15-20 drafted player but instead we got him at No8 and the rest is history. The only game Ross played well last year was against the Houston Rockets. Ross will never shine when we have DeRozan and even if we traded DeMar, Ross at the best gonna be a poor man Tony Allen. I mean look at Drummond in his offseason, Henson, Nicholson, even Sullinger, all these players would contribute big minutes for the Raptors and each and every one of them would look good next to Valanciunas. That's all I'm gonna put it.
    Fascinating.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

People have really gott aget over this. They thought Ross was a safe pick, they were wrong. It is in a lot of ways unrelated to Drummond, who 7 other teams also felt was too risky to draft...including Cleveland who passed on JV one year and Drummond the next in favour of Thompson and Waiters (both good players, but I don't think either will have the impact of a top tier C).

Clearly there were pretty common concerns about both his body and motor. And many of those other teams did not have a young prospect like Jonas. I'm sure teams like Charlotte, Cleveland, and Sacto at least would all like a re-do on that draft. And I'm sure even some of the teams that made decent picks would reconsider...like Washington and GSW, who both drafted solid wings, but in hindsight do either of Beal or Barnes look like they can have the impact of a guy with Drummond's potential? I think not.

On the other guys:
      -Henson is a PF, which we all know would only get drafted by default (à la Ed Davis) while BC was here because he wanted Bargs to turn into something
      -Nicholson has hardly proven to be such a high calibre of player to get your panties in a twist about
      -Sullinger had MAJOR injury concerns regarding his back, which he has still not shaken off in Boston. If he didn't, he likely would have been a top 5 pick and the Raps probably wouldn't have had a shot at him anyway.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Oct 13, 2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Only Henson I would take instead of Ross in that year.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

colangelo sucks at drafts ...

i also heard the sky is blue, true story

Comment

I didn't want to have to do this. But..

This is what it's come to from all this BC whining
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

Did you have to go there? Justin Timberlake? Ease up man.

Comment

Yeah dude.. Chill. Too far.

Comment

I thought this thread is about Chris Bosh and Jermaine O'neal

They're supposed to be the next Duncan and Robinson.....according to Bosh.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

VIDEO HAS BEEN CENSORED

Don't tempt me anymore than you already do LBF ... I might expect Timberlake from lilmamba, but not from you.
                    That's crossing the line.

PS For the future, Joe Cocker has a perfectly respectable song called "Cry Me a River".. perhaps you may consider posting that next time ... instead of ... Timberlake.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 14, 2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

People can bitch ll they like when people post about Drummond, but they can kiss my arse.... that was the single most, ridiculous, stupid ass non-move ever.

I still remember dancing around at the draft party when Drummond miraculously fell to Toronto in the draft.... I was head over heels...for about 5 mins, then...... Terrence Ross.

What a fucking gaff. Just.....JUST......

Horrifying.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Don't tempt me anymore than you already do LBF ... I might expect Timberlake from lilmamba, but not from you.
                        That's crossing the line.

PS For the future, Joe Cocker has a perfectly respectable song called "Cry Me a River".. perhaps you may consider posting that next time ... instead of ... Timberlake.
                        Joe Cocker is not going to get my point across good enough. Had to be timberlake..had to do it. Harsh, I will admit.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

He also played good last year in a game against Portland...
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            He also played good last year in a game against Portland...
                            Who, Drummond or Justin Timberlake?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              People have really gott aget over this. They thought Ross was a safe pick, they were wrong. It is in a lot of ways unrelated to Drummond, who 7 other teams also felt was too risky to draft...including Cleveland who passed on JV one year and Drummond the next in favour of Thompson and Waiters (both good players, but I don't think either will have the impact of a top tier C).

Clearly there were pretty common concerns about both his body and motor. And many of those other teams did not have a young prospect like Jonas. I'm sure teams like Charlotte, Cleveland, and Sacto at least would all like a re-do on that draft. And I'm sure even some of the teams that made decent picks would reconsider...like Washington and GSW, who both drafted solid wings, but in hindsight do either of Beal or Barnes look like they can have the impact of a guy with Drummond's potential? I think not.

On the other guys:
                              -Henson is a PF, which we all know would only get drafted by default (à la Ed Davis) while BC was here because he wanted Bargs to turn into something
                              -Nicholson has hardly proven to be such a high calibre of player to get your panties in a twist about
                              -Sullinger had MAJOR injury concerns regarding his back, which he has still not shaken off in Boston. If he didn't, he likely would have been a top 5 pick and the Raps probably wouldn't have had a shot at him anyway.
                              Both Tristan and Waiters start for a team with the same playoff aspirations (but with a much better chance imho) as the Raptors.

Ross isn't pushing Derozan for minutes at this point and looks like a 7-8 rotational guy right now. This could change but the argument concerning your GM being able to recognize talent and build a team with it is significant. Even J.Lamb who went after Ross and is a 2 as well, is going to have a big role this year coming off the bench for OKC. Ross still doesn't seem to know where or how he should fit on the 2nd unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X