• Show
Clear All

• Tor-port

I think a trade with the Blazers would benefit the Raptors this year

Toronto out: T.Ross, Aaron Gray, 2014 2nd round pick
    Toronto in: T.Rob, Will Barton

Portland out: T.Rob, Will Barton
    Portland in: T.Ross, Aaron Gray, 2014 2nd round pick

Why Raps: We get a big man project in T.Rob and i think with the right environment, he can become a decent player, this moves Amir as our backup C in the future. Barton I think will turn out to be a decent backup SG with his energy and 3 point shot

Why Trailblazers: The Blazers get a hand on T-Ross to secure their 2 spot in case W.Matthews bolt after this year. Aaron Gray is a good third string C behind Leonard and Lopez.

Will Barton is basically a poor man's Terrence Ross, so there's really no point in that swap. And I dunno where you're getting a 3 point shot with Barton, he shot 14% last year (ZERO 3PM above the break) and 30% in two years of college...

Last edited by isaacthompson; Sun Oct 13, 2013, 05:11 PM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

And why are we also sending them a 2nd rd pick?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        And why are we also sending them a 2nd rd pick?
        T-Rob is a top 5 pick and T-Ross alone won't net us a T-Rob especially consider how well T-Rob played at the end of last season and preseason. It's gonna cost us some assets, personally I would like to see getting one of Lopez, Leonard, or even W.Matthews but I don't think the Blazers will bite this time around.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          T-Rob is a top 5 pick and T-Ross alone won't net us a T-Rob especially consider how well T-Rob played at the end of last season and preseason. It's gonna cost us some assets, personally I would like to see getting one of Lopez, Leonard, or even W.Matthews but I don't think the Blazers will bite this time around.
          T Rob has already been traded twice by teams that had/have a need at PF. I wasn't high on him before the draft, and even less so now. He won't be costly to pick up if you really want him that badly, and I doubt he turns into a better player than Amir or Tyler. I don't know what this "playing well" you speak of was either. He didn't play any better in the last 2-3 months of the year than he did earlier in the season. So far the only thing he does pretty well in the NBA is rebound. He's like Bizarro Bargnani.

Comment

They have McCollum. He's injured but I think it makes more sense to keep Robinson than add another project SG.

Comment

Working...
            X