Colangelo Interviewed on the Fan590 this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Interviewed on the Fan590 this morning

Bryan Colangelo was interviewed live on-air with Landry & Stellick (Fan590's The Early Show) this morning.

Recap is courtesey of my homeslice SkinnyP of RGM:

Olympics Weather sucks

CB4 is gonna be fine, one of those things that could get worse and some sensitivitiy just keeping an eye on it. Not sure how he is responding to treatment but will see today how he is. Nice to have a lul in the schedule to push to get on the court.

Started off bad 7-13 was not a true showing of our team, we were 5-5 in PHX and we lost at the end. POssession for possession we were up with the a top team, took a step back after that game. Untill washington then cleared the air. Coaches there for them and on them (dirty?) Jay has done a great job this year, except for the two broken clipboards

Feels similar to 06-07 and the guys are responding. Sonny and Amir are contributing more than they thought. Doesnt want to jinx it, thought Saturday night basketball was weird, but it was sold out so it was great.

Bargs, why is he flourishing? Not a knock on Sam but Jay is really helping him, he isnt so anxious and easier for him to get comfortable and seeing him applying it to a game is a different story, more confidence. They said he wouldnt be rookie of the year, and that he is a good fit for the team. Capable of scoring 20 a night, more physical nice little inside game. Not ever going to be a great rebounder because of the way they play. You cant knock him because he doesnt get boards, because he is not asked to be under the rim because of Chris. His block are usually flat footed, and he is starting to get it all together and he is still very young.

Reggie Evans- Waiting for the squeeze play before he is actually back (makes Chris Kaman reference) getting his timing not really explosive yet. It is great to have a guy like Reggie to come in and cvhange up the game. Having him and Amir to be able to turn to is great. Marco may not play.

The guys asked about the Kaman incident, BC wants to see how its written in the rule book. Everything he represents on and off the court is great.
    Not about the stat sheet, its about Practice and things you dont see.

Dont think I missed anything.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon Feb 22, 2010, 02:14 PM.
    RR OG

Nice to hear Colangelo speak on Bargnani's rebounding. You can't expect a guy to grab 8-10 boards a game when you only have him in the paint on one side of the court. He gets virtually no chances on offense to grab boards because he's out on the perimeter. A lot of media types down south knock him for not getting board and saying stuff like "I don't want my center only grabbing six a game" but its like they're only looking at the stat sheet and not at how he's used or where he's placed on the court.

Comment

WOW ... Marco may not play. Seriously, I am the only one who's a little baffled by that statement. I mean, do people really think he's been played that bad? So bad that he'll likely to be lumped in to the same company as Banks and O'Bryant riding the pine for the balance of this season?

Comment

DeRozan, Weems and Wright are all playing better right now. Weems is a guy who wasn't expected to make any impact this year but he's been doing just great to date. I'm starting to think that Sonny is far more important to the young core than Marco is.

Comment

your link is dead....

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
            your link is dead....
            The link was to the live show. I checked the Fan590 website and there's no archive link to this morning's program. As such, I've edited the OP. Thanks.
            RR OG

Comment

"Not a knock on Sam". Hilarious.

I love it when these pronouncements as some obligatory deflections. Yes it is a knock on Sam, BC...and you fired the bloke in part because AB was not progressing ...because Smitch would scream at him and not play the #1 overall pick. And that is why DD starts this season so he gets upfront mins. to help/speed his development. You said so yourself.

Not a knock on Smitch...lolll....

Comment

See my deal with that is that Sam had no problem tossing Bosh to the wolves in his early years so why the difference with Andrea? Its because Andrea wasn't as NBA ready as Bosh was. Bosh at 200-215lbs in year one, two and three was tossed out there facing centers in the paint and he did a better job guarding them than Bargnani did with an extra 30 or so lbs. There were a lot of times where Sam had a choice, keep playing Andrea and let him foul out before the half, sometimes the first quarter or sit him down and let the staff show him what he was doing wrong and in doing so preserve some of his play for later. I feel Sam did some good with Andrea too, the kid just wasn't ready and there was no reaching him at that point no matter how much shouting Sam did. Jay picked up at a far better place and to fully credit Jay after his one year of head coaching Bargnani is just plain wrong. Sam played a big role in getting Andrea to where he is today. I believe Sam exited for other reasons...

Comment

For those who are "mystified" at Reggie's "squeeze play"............

http://www.noob.us/humor/reggie-evan...s-chris-kaman/

@Apollo, you are probably right. Sensitivity was not a strong suit of Smitch...not that headcoaches in the nba should have any...but for obvious reasons AB may have needed different handling. Just saying.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    WOW ... Marco may not play. Seriously, I am the only one who's a little baffled by that statement. I mean, do people really think he's been played that bad? So bad that he'll likely to be lumped in to the same company as Banks and O'Bryant riding the pine for the balance of this season?
                    you cant play a guy that goes for 20points one game, and then two days later finishes a game with 0 points. Wright/demar/weems are all much better then belli right now

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Yeah i dont understand this either Doc. Sure he's streaky, but how can he not at least get like 5 garbage minutes a game.

Wrights been good in his absence though.
                      Haze aka Dutches
                      ----
                      Shoe closet fulla Oxygen, I rock a lotta Air...

Comment

m5racer wrote: View Post
                        you cant play a guy that goes for 20points one game, and then two days later finishes a game with 0 points. Wright/demar/weems are all much better then belli right now
                        the guy deserves garbage minutes at the very least. He's got a good 3pt shot imo, even with the streakiness.
                        Haze aka Dutches
                        ----
                        Shoe closet fulla Oxygen, I rock a lotta Air...

Comment

Working...
                        X