No announcement yet.

Buycks, Stone or Kabongo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Buycks game when he looks to penetrate and dish. I think he could use improvement with the haircut which is like an updated version of the mullet "party on top, business on the sides."

Comment

Keep the best 15 players, even if it is 4 PGs. Stone's skill set and versatility is a great fit, plus he could mentor some guys (Ross) on D. Buycks is a big potential guy, with minimal risk.

Kabongo would be better served learning away from the pressure of playing in Canada. Euro makes the most sense.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Agree with Mediumcore. A lot of praise for Stone's size and versatility on defense, but we're talking about point guards. Does Stone have any PG skills whatsoever? Somehow, I don't see a future Penny Hardaway in him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Agree with Mediumcore. A lot of praise for Stone's size and versatility on defense, but we're talking about point guards. Does Stone have any PG skills whatsoever? Somehow, I don't see a future Penny Hardaway in him.
          Remember Alvin Williams?

Comment

Do we even need him to be a "point guard"? He would be our 3rd string ball handler (at best unless someone is moved). But having a versatile winger, who can guard 3 positions and bring the ball up as either the primary or secondary guard, is a good option to have. Versatility is the new height in the NBA. Teams would rather have a smaller versatile player than a tall one trick pony (unless that trick is 3PT shooting)

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Remember Alvin Williams?
              Loved Boogie, but he was an underrated point guard.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                Do we even need him to be a "point guard"? He would be our 3rd string ball handler (at best unless someone is moved). But having a versatile winger, who can guard 3 positions and bring the ball up as either the primary or secondary guard, is a good option to have. Versatility is the new height in the NBA. Teams would rather have a smaller versatile player than a tall one trick pony (unless that trick is 3PT shooting)
                With three PGs already on the roster, you're right, we don't need Stone to be a floor general/distributor. I suppose what I'm asking/suggesting in a round-about way is, why is Stone even considered a PG instead of a SG/SF?

Comment

With three PGs already on the roster, you're right, we don't need Stone to be a floor general/distributor. I suppose what I'm asking/suggesting in a round-about way is, why is Stone even considered a PG instead of a SG/SF?
                  Who says he isn't a PG?

His stats say different: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ne-6357/stats/

Also he is coming off knee injury. He has not shown much of yet but from the media reports he is getting better/stronger/explosive.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Who says he isn't a PG?
                    Nobody. We just haven't seen what PG skills he has yet.

Comment

Fair enough.

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his previous stats at all levels (minus Denver. 28 minutes total) and return from injury.

The other consideration is what Casey is trying to run offensively. Looking at Lowry I think how the *&*$ did this happen? Where did your ability to run a team go?

Comment

Take into consideration that Kyle Lowry tends to miss a lot of games due to injuries. Our 3rd string PG is likeley to see more minutes than 3rd stringers on most other teams. We're already a very poor team as far as assists go, so you definetely need someone with "point guard" skills.

Comment

Kabongo evidently came out too early. He's cookie doe. Somebody gave him bad advice. Does anybody see him heading overseas for a couple years? I think playing over there in their system would serve him well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Kabongo evidently came out too early. He's cookie doe. Somebody gave him bad advice. Does anybody see him heading overseas for a couple years? I think playing over there in their system would serve him well.
                            I wouldn't be against sending him to Erie.
                            I don't think there is any denying his talent, just a matter of getting his confidence back up, and getting him into a slightly forgiving system.

Comment

True, but if there is one person in the league that has scouted this guy the most, I'd be m money on MU. He knew what he was getting from his time in Denver, and I'd put more stock into his opinion on Stone than anyone else on this roster.

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Take into consideration that Kyle Lowry tends to miss a lot of games due to injuries. Our 3rd string PG is likeley to see more minutes than 3rd stringers on most other teams. We're already a very poor team as far as assists go, so you definetely need someone with "point guard" skills.
                              3rd at best, I'm assuming they keep Augustin, Buycks and Stone. At that point, Stone isn't even the back-ups back-up at point, but rather a versatile fill-in anywhere in the back-court, that can have a role as a PG duo on the court (team him with Buycks for stretches).

Comment

True, but if there is one person in the league that has scouted this guy the most, I'd be m money on MU. He knew what he was getting from his time in Denver, and I'd put more stock into his opinion on Stone than anyone else on this roster.

3rd at best, I'm assuming they keep Augustin, Buycks and Stone. At that point, Stone isn't even the back-ups back-up at point, but rather a versatile fill-in anywhere in the back-court, that can have a role as a PG duo on the court (team him with Buycks for stretches).
                                IF we kept Stone, I would only want to see him on the floor with another back up PG to give us an extra ball handler on the floor when Lowry isn't there. Way too many times last year other teams would force the ball out of Lowry's hands and DeMar and Fields would look at each other like "what do you expect me to do with the ball...dribble?" It was moments like that which put the balls in the hands of Alan Anderson, and well I'm not hating on AA, but we know how that turned out. This year if the ball gets forced out of Lowry's hands then Gay can be the secondary creator. The second unit however still lacks ball handlers that can create, so I like Casey playing two PG's at a time in the second unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X