Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4-19 what do raps need to do to avoid being done by Chrismas.....

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 4-19 what do raps need to do to avoid being done by Chrismas.....

Raps need to avoid a slow start. They will have to find ways to beat teams we do not expect them to beat and squeeze out wins in tight games. What are your keys to avoid a repeat of last years' disasterous start?

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas...

Post Thanks / Like

I think as long as they score more points than the team they are playing they should do all right.

4. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmmmmmmm........ ummmmm This may ound crazy but...... WIN!!!!!!!!!! thats about all I can think of.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebound at both ends of the court, defend all 5 positions (for a change) and look for mismatches.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If memory serves correctly, it was our offensive execution (or lack thereof) down the stretch that cost us a lot of games early in the season. Having Rudy around, and his ability to create something out of nothing, should help.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If memory serves correctly, it was our offensive execution (or lack thereof) down the stretch that cost us a lot of games early in the season. Having Rudy around, and his ability to create something out of nothing, should help.
    Agreed. Also probably need to be more methodical and less up tempo.

Post Thanks / Like

Solid bench play would go a long way.....

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Raps need to avoid a slow start. They will have to find ways to beat teams we do not expect them to beat and squeeze out wins in tight games. What are your keys to avoid a repeat of last years' disasterous start?
    win 5 games?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Every starter needs to stay healthy, let's start with that. #neverfuckinghappens

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Decrease the number of turnovers a game. Seems like that'll be a problem with this squad. At least, that's what it looks like so far.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Decrease the number of turnovers a game. Seems like that'll be a problem with this squad. At least, that's what it looks like so far.
    I'm actually not worried about the turnovers. I'm going out on a limb and saying the high turnovers are a direct result of Casey using the preseason to force-feed minutes to deep bench guys.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

14. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...about actually executing plays properly out of timeouts? That's a little thing that the Raptors did so poorly last year that it became a big problem. Just from memory it feels like they botched about 90% of such plays by either turning it over or failing to get anything close to a decent FGA.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that a good start is guaranteed but we can be certain they wont get off to a start like 4-19.

Casey`s strength is defence. So if they can be a good defensive team CONSISTENTLY, they should be good.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we've got 28 games before Christmas, and 18 of them are against possible or likely Playoff bound teams; that means to expect 10-18 before Christmas isn't unrealistic. I expect 14-14.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

- Give Valanciunas more touches in the paint (which will allow for some good inside/outside game if Novak and, hopefully, Gay/DeRozan make some 3s)
    - Give Valanciunas MORE PLAYING TIME IN THE 4TH
    - Tell Casey to stop making lineups which are suggested by NBA 2K14 and understand that Valenciunas IS available to play in the 4th.
    - Jonas Valanciunas

Honestly though; I think in order to avoid mimicing the horrible start they had last year, the first two points above would have to be true.

Only position that worries me (for the first time ever) is the PG position. Lowry has to hold his ground because if something happens to him, I'd be really scared to see what DJA, JS and DB have to offer as a starting PG.

I think Derozan and Gay will need to average a minimum 40 ppg combined (I personally think they will be in the 35-40 ppg area). Gay will have to start nailing more threes in order to space the floor while Derozan will have to run in for boards or cut through the lane for a pass (I see him being a stronger verison of Rip Hamilton).

I dunno, I may be optimistic right now. Sort of like I was last season. But I really do think that they are around or just below a .500 team that can make the playoffs this season.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm actually not worried about the turnovers. I'm going out on a limb and saying the high turnovers are a direct result of Casey using the preseason to force-feed minutes to deep bench guys.
    I agree. I think I saw at least 2 or 3 turnovers in a row that were the result of Stone trying to feed jv down low at crazy angles. At least he was trying.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stone, Hansbrough, and Ross are going to breakout this year.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Stone, Hansbrough, and Ross are going to breakout this year.
    Stone needs to learn how to dunk first!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nayan742 wrote: View Post
    - Give Valanciunas more touches in the paint (which will allow for some good inside/outside game if Novak and, hopefully, Gay/DeRozan make some 3s)
    - Give Valanciunas MORE PLAYING TIME IN THE 4TH
    - Tell Casey to stop making lineups which are suggested by NBA 2K14 and understand that Valenciunas IS available to play in the 4th.
    - Jonas Valanciunas

Honestly though; I think in order to avoid mimicing the horrible start they had last year, the first two points above would have to be true.

Only position that worries me (for the first time ever) is the PG position. Lowry has to hold his ground because if something happens to him, I'd be really scared to see what DJA, JS and DB have to offer as a starting PG.

I think Derozan and Gay will need to average a minimum 40 ppg combined (I personally think they will be in the 35-40 ppg area). Gay will have to start nailing more threes in order to space the floor while Derozan will have to run in for boards or cut through the lane for a pass (I see him being a stronger verison of Rip Hamilton).

I dunno, I may be optimistic right now. Sort of like I was last season. But I really do think that they are around or just below a .500 team that can make the playoffs this season.
    Good post. In agreement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information