Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4-19 what do raps need to do to avoid being done by Chrismas.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Give Valanciunas more touches in the paint (which will allow for some good inside/outside game if Novak and, hopefully, Gay/DeRozan make some 3s)
    - Give Valanciunas MORE PLAYING TIME IN THE 4TH
    - Tell Casey to stop making lineups which are suggested by NBA 2K14 and understand that Valenciunas IS available to play in the 4th.
    - Jonas Valanciunas

Honestly though; I think in order to avoid mimicing the horrible start they had last year, the first two points above would have to be true.

Only position that worries me (for the first time ever) is the PG position. Lowry has to hold his ground because if something happens to him, I'd be really scared to see what DJA, JS and DB have to offer as a starting PG.

I think Derozan and Gay will need to average a minimum 40 ppg combined (I personally think they will be in the 35-40 ppg area). Gay will have to start nailing more threes in order to space the floor while Derozan will have to run in for boards or cut through the lane for a pass (I see him being a stronger verison of Rip Hamilton).

I dunno, I may be optimistic right now. Sort of like I was last season. But I really do think that they are around or just below a .500 team that can make the playoffs this season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I'm actually not worried about the turnovers. I'm going out on a limb and saying the high turnovers are a direct result of Casey using the preseason to force-feed minutes to deep bench guys.
      I agree. I think I saw at least 2 or 3 turnovers in a row that were the result of Stone trying to feed jv down low at crazy angles. At least he was trying.

Comment

Stone, Hansbrough, and Ross are going to breakout this year.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          Stone, Hansbrough, and Ross are going to breakout this year.
          Stone needs to learn how to dunk first!

Comment

nayan742 wrote: View Post
            - Give Valanciunas more touches in the paint (which will allow for some good inside/outside game if Novak and, hopefully, Gay/DeRozan make some 3s)
            - Give Valanciunas MORE PLAYING TIME IN THE 4TH
            - Tell Casey to stop making lineups which are suggested by NBA 2K14 and understand that Valenciunas IS available to play in the 4th.
            - Jonas Valanciunas

Honestly though; I think in order to avoid mimicing the horrible start they had last year, the first two points above would have to be true.

Only position that worries me (for the first time ever) is the PG position. Lowry has to hold his ground because if something happens to him, I'd be really scared to see what DJA, JS and DB have to offer as a starting PG.

I think Derozan and Gay will need to average a minimum 40 ppg combined (I personally think they will be in the 35-40 ppg area). Gay will have to start nailing more threes in order to space the floor while Derozan will have to run in for boards or cut through the lane for a pass (I see him being a stronger verison of Rip Hamilton).

I dunno, I may be optimistic right now. Sort of like I was last season. But I really do think that they are around or just below a .500 team that can make the playoffs this season.
            Good post. In agreement.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Well we've got 28 games before Christmas, and 18 of them are against possible or likely Playoff bound teams; that means to expect 10-18 before Christmas isn't unrealistic. I expect 14-14.
              Well I said I expected them to be .500 by Christmas and they weren't too far off ... I guess I can't complain.

Comment

Well I said I expected them to be .500 by Christmas and they weren't too far off ... I guess I can't complain.
                You expected that with Rudy Gay though Doesnt count Joey! :P

Comment

I guess the answer to the OP's question was simply trade Rudy.

Comment

Well we've got 28 games before Christmas, and 18 of them are against possible or likely Playoff bound teams; that means to expect 10-18 before Christmas isn't unrealistic. I expect 14-14.
                    well looky here eh Joey

Comment

Working...
                    X