Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"A lot of people get into the analytic stuff — we don’t pay no attention to that..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    What in the bloody hell is that supposed to mean? Did he just figure that out after the Houston game?
    The one benifit to hitting rock bottom is there is no where to go but up.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
      The one benifit to hitting rock bottom is there is no where to go but up.
      You can always move sideways and stay at the bottom....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        You can always move sideways and stay at the bottom....
        Here I am throwing people a bone and you just have to take it right out of their mouths don't you

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
          Here I am throwing people a bone and you just have to take it right out of their mouths don't you
          The Raptors have ruined me to the point of replacing my heart with a giant mound of coal.

My therapist and I are working on it though.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
            Michael Jeffrey Jordan leaves Gay & Derozan off his ideal pickup team.

BTW, I'd rather have James at the 3 and Rodman or Garnett at the 4. Can't go wrong with Kareem at the 5.
            I hear ya, but the guys he picked he probably figures are just good dudes to have around too...

Comment

Brandon wrote:
              This is what it looks like when a ball player can score the ball at will.

22-year-old Lebron James scores 48 of Cleveland's 109 points to give the Cavs a 3-2 series lead vs. Detroit:

One of the great playoff performances in league history. He scored 29 of their last 30 points, and was clearly hurting big time by the end. This also demonstrates that great size and power, the ability to overpower your defender, is important, and something the Raps have really lacked for years. The Cavs knocked Detroit off in the next game and were swept in the finals by the Spurs.

Here's Lebron's line for the game:

FG: 18/33
              3PT: 2/3
              FT: 10/14
              REB: 9
              AST: 7
              STL: 2
              TO: 2
              min: 50

48 points in 50 minutes, shooting 56% against the league's top defensive team, in a pivotal playoff game, in their house, is how you know you can score the ball at will. Otherwise shut up.

Game's box score
              Lebron's 2007 playoff game logs (this game is #15)
              Scoring the ball at will is Kobe's 81.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                Scoring the ball at will is Kobe's 81.
                No, that was just Smitch refusing to send a double-team

Comment

No, that was just Smitch refusing to send a double-team
                  Don't kid yourself. He would have scored with the double team lol

Comment

Don't kid yourself. He would have scored with the double team lol
                    Maybe 50, but not 81

Comment

Maybe 50, but not 81
                      Denial is an ugly thing Nilanka lol :P there's no way anyone on that raps team was going to stop him

Comment

Denial is an ugly thing Nilanka lol :P there's no way anyone on that raps team was going to stop him
                        That's exactly what Smitch thought

I don't mean double-team in the post. I mean swarm him with 2 defenders as soon as Kobe crosses mid court. Leave Luke Walton wide open under the hoop if you have to.

You know you've already lost the game, so might as well avoid the record books. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Although I should point out, I was screaming for doubles while watching that game live....only to see Smitch motionless on the sidelines holding his face in his hands.

Comment

kobe scoring 81 against a shit toronto team, in a nothing game in whatever month during a losing toronto season, is not even the same sport as what Lebron is doing here, in the conference finals, against a hell of a defensive detroit team. Not even close man, come on.

Comment

That's exactly what Smitch thought

I don't mean double-team in the post. I mean swarm him with 2 defenders as soon as Kobe crosses mid court. Leave Luke Walton wide open under the hoop if you have to.

You know you've already lost the game, so might as well avoid the record books. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Although I should point out, I was screaming for doubles while watching that game live....only to see Smitch motionless on the sidelines holding his face in his hands.
                            Mitchell quit on them when they collectively decided not to play a modicum of defence, and they also refused, or were too frightened to give Bryant a few hard fouls. He wanted no part of that disgraceful effort.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              Mitchell quit on them when they collectively decided not to play a modicum of defence, and they also refused, or were too frightened to give Bryant a few hard fouls. He wanted no part of that disgraceful effort.
                              It was all part of Smitch's plan to become a TSN analyst 6 years later.....

....and it worked!

Comment

All the money, and NONE of the stress...you know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X