No announcement yet.

What? No Gamethread? Boston @ Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyle Lowry moving very well with the ball.

Rudy Gay looking... stubborn.
    Some players really should pay attention to analytics...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I don't think the Raptors are good enough to compete with the best of the best.

I don't think they have enough of an edge to beat the shit out of teams they are suppose to or should beat the shit out of.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
      Well, maybe not consistently. But even still, that's a pretty good description of an 8th seed. Just sayin...

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
        Not sure that's true. I agree we shouldn't generally be losing to Boston, but these are all NBA players. Anything can happen in a single game. If that kind of logic held true, Philly wouldn't win a game all season. And we all know they'll get a few wins (if only a few...).
        True, even the worst teams win occasionally, but that is often the case of fatigue (back to backs), injury, or looking ahead in the schedule as much as it is about talent.

The Celtics do have pros on their roster, but they also have no NBA calibre PG with Rondo out, a rookie head coach (who I think will be great), and several new players. At this point, as in tonight, the Raps should be able to dominate.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

They have plenty of time to jell and improve. The team already looks more coherent on both offense and defense.

Comment

First quarter D looked good, despite 26 points by Boston. That really could easily be 20 if Green missed those two random 3s that you clearly want him taking.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I don't think the Raptors are good enough to compete with the best of the best.

I don't think they have enough of an edge to beat the shit out of teams they are suppose to or should beat the shit out of.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
              If they play D like two years they can play with anyone. It's all about the D.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                They have plenty of time to jell and improve. The team already looks more coherent on both offense and defense.
                I would say the O still needs to get tighter. Even relative to last year, little things are still rusty like timing on the pick'n'roll, or on passing to cutters.

Comment

Great tap by Fields and lay up there.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    True, even the worst teams win occasionally, but that is often the case of fatigue (back to backs), injury, or looking ahead in the schedule as much as it is about talent.

The Celtics do have pros on their roster, but they also have no NBA calibre PG with Rondo out, a rookie head coach (who I think will be great), and several new players. At this point, as in tonight, the Raps should be able to dominate.
                    I guess. I mean, they are winning. But I still think it's very rare that a team 'should' be dominating another team on any given night. The Spurs almost lost to a non-NBA team just the other night. Literally not one NBA player on that team, and it went to overtime.

So yeah, especially in the preseason, I wouldn't be all doom and gloom if we don't dominate a team you perceive to be less talented.

Comment

Daye finally blocks a shot without fouling!

Comment

Austin Daye showing some good things
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                          I guess. I mean, they are winning. But I still think it's very rare that a team 'should' be dominating another team on any given night. The Spurs almost lost to a non-NBA team just the other night. Literally not one NBA player on that team, and it went to overtime.

So yeah, especially in the preseason, I wouldn't be all doom and gloom if we don't dominate a team you perceive to be less talented.
                          haha I'm pretty sure the Spurs approach things very differently than the Raps. The Spurs don't need to play with any urgency until April. The Raps need to learn how to win, how to play together and frankly, how to compete on a nightly basis. I get your point, but a game this week for the Raps is very different than a game this week for the Spurs.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Rudy's been abysmal this preseason

it's preseason, but he's playing exactly like he did last year. too many bad shots, not playing within the team.

Demar's been pretty great.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Didn't realize how tall Daye is. He and Olynyk are just about the same height and Olynyk is a legit 7 footer.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                Rudy's been abysmal this preseason

it's preseason, but he's playing exactly like he did last year. too many bad shots, not playing within the team.

Demar's been pretty great.
                                He's 4-5 for 10 pts and a +5 in 12 minutes. Hardly abysmal...

Comment

Working...
                                X