What? No Gamethread? Boston @ Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Because they're misusing him. Ross is NOT an iso player. He never was. But that's what the Raps are trying to make him to be. But if you watch some of Ross' best games, he's at his best/more effective when they use him as a spot up shooter.

Ross would be more effective if the Raps use him as a 3D player like a MoPete or Anthony Parker.
    I see what you're saying but the problem with that idea is that Ross actually can't shoot that well. We were all made to believe he was a shooter but he's made it clear he's not. He constantly airballs or misses WIDE OPEN shots BADLY. Anthony Parker and Mo Pete were really good shooters. Terrence is actually scoring more because he's taking it to the basket. If the coaching staff didn't make that an emphasis for him to work on I don't know how he would score. Also he isn't a good defender. He constantly makes mistake after mistake on the defensive end. So to me 3 and D wouldn't really work for him or the team if they're trying to win. At least not yet. But I do agree that he isn't really much of an iso player either. Looking at it he really does nothing well consistently other than dunk and it's sad because he came in being known as this shooter and good defender and he's shown none of that on a consistent enough basis.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Btw, can't expressed how impressed i am w/ Stone tonight. Defensively, by far he's the best out of all the Raps PG's. Offensively, he makes better/quick decision with the ball unlike Buycks. With Buycks, the ball just dies on his hands more often than not. That's why you see him takes a lot of late seconds shot.

Stone's greatest weakness obviously is his shooting. That's one area he needs to improve on the most.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Btw, can't expressed how impressed i am w/ Stone tonight. Defensively, by far he's the best out of all the Raps PG's. Offensively, he makes better/quick decision with the ball unlike Buycks. With Buycks, the ball just dies on his hands more often than not. That's why you see him takes a lot of late seconds shot.

Stone's greatest weakness obviously is his shooting. That's one area he needs to improve on the most.
        I definitely agree with that but knowing Casey I would be shocked if he played him over Dwight or Augustine during the regular season.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I caught the last 4 minutes of the game... crap.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I definitely agree with that but knowing Casey I would be shocked if he played him over Dwight or Augustine during the regular season.
            Casey just said it right. "Stone will be in squat machine tommorow"

I like his defence mind, but he needs to get stronger overall. Maybe he's not in great shape now ( as he had some kind medical problems just couple months back ) but if he can't get stronger overall he'll tear his both acls and break his hand after dunk. ( that would be sad but in the same time hilarious! ).

Anyway, squats will help him to get stronger overall, jump higher and run faster. We'll see him dunking someday, I hope guys are going to tease Stone for this fail!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              22 TOs.
              The tntire game was played by the bench and guys fighting for a job..... thats an inflated number. Turnovers wont be such a big issue with our starters playing their 30+ mins a game.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                The tntire game was played by the bench and guys fighting for a job..... thats an inflated number. Turnovers wont be such a big issue with our starters playing their 30+ mins a game.
                Our starters averaging 9.4 TOs p/g

while whole team nearly 20+ TOs p/g

Let's not forget that most of the teams keeping starters fresh for the start, there are no vets and great players on the floor for more than 25+ mins, and yet, we are the only team who makes so many turnovers.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                  I caught the last 4 minutes of the game... crap.
                  I had about an hour delay on my PVR and when the phone rang I went to pause it and wasn't looking at what I was doing. and deleted it. The game had been over for about 20 minutes by then. So I missed my opportunity to change my opinion on Ross.

Comment

• If Ross does the same performance or about there for the next 2-3 games, then I might change my opinion of him.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      If Ross does the same performance or about there for the next 2-3 games, then I might change my opinion of him.
                      You're quick. I wouldn't change my opinion about player after good few games. No way. I'm not a media guy.

He needs to play consistently pretty much every game in order to change my mind. He's got talent and if he continues to rely only on talent we'll never see consistent T Ross in this league.

Comment

• I never saw last nights game but just saw the highlights lol that Stone dunk attempt was embarrassing.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          I see what you're saying but the problem with that idea is that Ross actually can't shoot that well. We were all made to believe he was a shooter but he's made it clear he's not. He constantly airballs or misses WIDE OPEN shots BADLY.
                          I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. Someone needs to keep track of how many airballs and misses off the side of the backboard he has this year. I'm probably wrong about this as a fact but, personally, I can't recall ever seeing another so-called shooter for the Raps miss so many shots as badly as Ross does. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you miss by 1 inch or 4 feet but, man, it doesn't make me feel good about him as a player.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            I am glad I am not the only one who notices this. Someone needs to keep track of how many airballs and misses off the side of the backboard he has this year. I'm probably wrong about this as a fact but, personally, I can't recall ever seeing another so-called shooter for the Raps miss so many shots as badly as Ross does. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter if you miss by 1 inch or 4 feet but, man, it doesn't make me feel good about him as a player.
                            It's especially alarming when they're wide open looks....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Rasual Butler? Ross was a great shooter in college dont know whats up with him his form and lift are great I wonder if its just too soft which is easier to fix than too strong.

Comment

• from the highlights it really didn't look like ross was doing anything besides being the recipient of good passes. a bunch of 'exciting' dunks = zzzzzzzzzzz. 1/5 from downtown = zzzzzzzzzzz. overall just get rid of him already ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X