• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard continues to insert foot in mouth

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/98...s-no-12-jersey

So you went to the NBA finals?

You were there for 7 years?

You put coach, ownership, and management through ridiculous diva drama?

Annnnnd no one else should wear your number?

"I just think that despite whatever happened, there was a lot of things that I did and that we did as a team, and that number was special down there," Howard told the Sentinel. "And I was a little bit upset about that."
    How self absorbed does one have to be? Wow. Every time I think he can't sink lower, he achieves it.

The reason behind Harris' pick of number is just the icing on the cake of this ridiculous story:

Harris, acquired by Orlando last season in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks, wears No. 12 as a tribute to a close friend who died from leukemia as a teenager, according to the Sentinel.

It is unclear whether Howard knows why Harris wears the number. The Sentinel said Howard likely didn't know when he made the comment during the interview, which took place Tuesday.

It's honestly disgusting. Just shut up and play basketball.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I don't think a person I've never met has ever made me so angry before. Just when you think he can't get any worse...

I never want to wish ill on anyone, but he NEEDS a wake-up call of some sort. Not saying what it should be, but he needs a hard dose of reality.

Comment

I don't think a person I've never met has ever made me so angry before. Just when you think he can't get any worse...

I never want to wish ill on anyone, but he NEEDS a wake-up call of some sort. Not saying what it should be, but he needs a hard dose of reality.

Comment

Not sure why it's double posting...

Comment

kinda funny coming from a guy who uses Shaq's nickname

Comment

There was a time where I really liked the guy.. he was one my favourites in the league.. but his ego and his max contract I guess got the best of him. It's a shame.

Remember what most fans thought of Bosh when he left for Miami? That pale's in comparison to how I could imagine what Magic fans think of Howard.

Comment

Magic (and to a lesser extent Laker) fans have every reason to dislike this individual.

He went from loved and adored during his initial Magic years to disliked and hated NBA-wide.

Lebron had every right to go to Miami though his PR advisors created something of a nightmare with "The Decision..." but this is a guy who did everything right before he left and has won and won and won since he got to Miami. As a result, "The Decision" is LONG forgotten everywhere except Cleveland but "Decision" or not fans in Ohio were never going to love him for departing.

In Howard's case, I honestly don't think winning in Houston is going to help his cause.... and more him anymore likeable...

Comment

Lots of self-righteousness in this thread.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                    Lots of self-righteousness in this thread.
                    self-righteous
                    adj
                    having or showing an exaggerated awareness of one's own virtuousness or rights.

Please point out where there is such.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                    X