Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7PM ET Raptors preview @ Raptors.com

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't know if it's necessarily body fat. It might just ahve to do with wanting him to regain his quickness. I'm sure things will work out as he gets into game shape.

One thing Casey said in one interview this preseason was that he doesn't think JOnas doesn't need to focus on gaining weight anymore. That he will naturally get a bit bigger with age and that should be fine going forward. I think that sounds about right. I don't think he'll ever need to spend another summer where that's his major focus.

If they want him to regain his quickness - then it's all about body fat. ( average BF%[20-24] people don't really feel any change in their breathing after bulking up [unless they don't cut], but for the guys with 5%-14% body fat - bulking up is worst process as you will feel like shit and unhealthy.
    Assuming JV's body fat is perfect, then he'll have to stop protein intake and "burn" his muscles. That would be stupid thing to do, right. It's all about body fat. At least his wife can get excited - JV will have Blake Griffin's abs.

Everything is good. By cutting fat JV will be quicker and will take longer to get winded.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanna fast forward three years ahead and see what this team looks like. Because Tim is gettin' me too excited haha.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Been watchng this team since day 1 back in the Damon Stoudamire days. I don't think they've ever done an event like that before. Pretty cool.

Tim Leiweke is an amazing speaker. When he speak you listen. And Masai is just full of passion. They're awesome.
    As great as this was, hopefully it's not more of the same. They've done this before just without video cameras. Everyone just hung out in the gym. You could just walk up to colangelo and ask him a question. He also had a pretty good pedigree and was promising a new beginning. He also said in a preseason, just as Masai just did, that this season wasn't about wins and losses. We remember how that went. But I'm a sucker. Espn be damned. Bring it on.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...8/Anon-3015367

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...8/Anon-3015404

Thought this would embed, ah well...links work...for those who missed it.
    Last edited by blackjitsu; Fri Oct 18th, 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    If they want him to regain his quickness - then it's all about body fat. ( average BF%[20-24] people don't really feel any change in their breathing after bulking up [unless they don't cut], but for the guys with 5%-14% body fat - bulking up is worst process as you will feel like shit and unhealthy.
    Assuming JV's body fat is perfect, then he'll have to stop protein intake and "burn" his muscles. That would be stupid thing to do, right. It's all about body fat. At least his wife can get excited - JV will have Blake Griffin's abs.

Everything is good. By cutting fat JV will be quicker and will take longer to get winded.
    I just meant that maybe his body fat isn't bad. It could be the tougher issue of trying to get him quicker without wasting away any of his muscle. And that's also going to happen as the season goes on as it tends to for most of these guys, so you definitely don't want to accelerate that part. So yeah, I'm sure everything will work itself out. He could just regain some pop from playing games, so they might not amp up anything for him. It's not like he's terribly slow compared to last year. Just a tiny bit so I'm really not worried....

On another note....Preseason is way too damn long. We need real games to talk about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I just meant that maybe his body fat isn't bad. It could be the tougher issue of trying to get him quicker without wasting away any of his muscle. And that's also going to happen as the season goes on as it tends to for most of these guys, so you definitely don't want to accelerate that part. So yeah, I'm sure everything will work itself out. He could just regain some pop from playing games, so they might not amp up anything for him. It's not like he's terribly slow compared to last year. Just a tiny bit so I'm really not worried....

On another note....Preseason is way too damn long. We need real games to talk about.
    Nah, JV will never loose any muscle by playing in this league. I'm pretty sure it's a must for him to get about 300g-360g protein per day, otherwise at the end of the season he would be skinny dude.

Preseason is great for the players but oh yeah, I'm missing some real balling. ( I hope Raps ain't thinking about giving me heart attack. It was close in 12/13 season. )

11 days left.

Post Thanks / Like

If they are treating seasons ticket holders like share holders... that was a really bad shareholders meeting...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    As great as this was, hopefully it's not more of the same. They've done this before just without video cameras. Everyone just hung out in the gym. You could just walk up to colangelo and ask him a question. He also had a pretty good pedigree and was promising a new beginning. He also said in a preseason, just as Masai just did, that this season wasn't about wins and losses. We remember how that went. But I'm a sucker. Espn be damned. Bring it on.
    I think the big difference is Colangelo was never truly willing to be patient and stick to a larger vision. He would start one thing and then change course. Don't get me wrong, as circumstances change views will also change; plans can't be set in stone. However, I think Colangelo was too quick to throw in the towel at the first sign of adversity or when a 'get-good-quick' scam came along.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised to see Wayne Embry in the front row of Tim's speech. I thought he was gone.

Glad he is still here.

Post Thanks / Like

Under Colangelo we had huge changes every single season. It got to a point where the Raptors became just a short term destination.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone know where i can watch the full thing? i missed it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    anyone know where i can watch the full thing? i missed it
    Just highlights dude

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/pla...preview_101813

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nevermindd its replaying on NBA TV Canada at 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    The 2:08 clip on Leiweke and expectations he says they let 16 people go this summer.... front office OVERHAUL.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Leweike and Ujiri's speeches didn't really impress me. Leiweke reminds of a Colangelo/Burke hybrid, best of luck to him, but the excuses are still there. And Masai, I love the guy his speech makes me want to hug him and pat him on his head and say good job. But, Toronto is challenging market to find success in. The Argos are its most successful franchise and the city doesn't care.

Now, he's right about the crowd and Raptor fans. Sometimes, you make Senators fan look they have pulse, with how quiet the Air Canada centre is on some games. It's a two way investment you support the players at the games they support you with hard work in return.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

16. Like drunkmunky liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That Celtics fan tho
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, what was up with the Cabbie comedy segment there in the end? it was awkward as hell.

I was hoping the players would get Raptors/basketball related questions. ***.

Great event. But that last segment there with the players was a fail.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

I think it got too serious w/ Leiweke and Masai.

They needed a comedic element and unfortunately, as Cabbie said, he's just waayyyyy too awkward to mc an event that started so seriously.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 3 thoughts:
    1. Masai has tons of passion, and he's a pretty weird dude. Love it. Nice to have a suit with personality for a change.

2. Cabbie is terrible. His awkward interviews are all about him, and not about the person being interviewed, the team, or even a basketball related topic. Starting off with the Halloween costume question was a funny way to start, but he drags everything on, and the whole giving them food was just a waste of time.

3. The fan questions (I only saw 2?) were both fairly poor questions. A. How do you convince players to come to Toronto? - MU already addressed this in his speech, pay attention. B. Are you going to tank for Wiggins? - facepalm....

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Mitchell thinks that Casey will get coach of the year award this season on NBA TV

He also just compared Rudy Gay with Lebron talent-wise!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information