Optimists rejoice! HoopsWorld.com: Surprise Playoff Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I'm honestly hoping the get no more that 16 wins.
    Looking back did you want to re-assess?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Orlando will be bad but not Philly bad. Philly will likely win about 16 games. I expect Orlando in 24-28 range. Still bad but not THAT bad.
      Good predictions matt52

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        ESPN is on crack if they think any team in the East is getting a 7th seed with less than a .500 record. The East is "worse," but it's worse because Philly is going to be so bad they're challenging for the losses record and Orlando won't be far behind them. Having worse teams doesn't mean you need less wins to make it into the top 8.
        So maybe your on crack? Hahahah

Bobcats currently under .500 and are gonna be the 7th seed
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Well, I don't know which one is right, but when's the last time it took .500+ to crack the playoffs in the East? A lot of the teams vying for those last spots could easily be sub-.500 this season....including the Raps
          Solid predictions except the Raps are currently 41-31

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Good predictions matt52
            Bahahahahha

I was dead wrong on the one most of us care about though!

Comment

What I honestly wanted this season was for to get a top 3 pick and trade DD or Rudy for another lottery pick
              Also did not expect Lowry to play this well and I also wanted him gone for a lottery pick hahaha

Lineup would have been

PG:Elfrid Payton( Lowry trade)
              SG: Terrence Ross
              SF: Andrew Wiggins/ Jabari Parker ( Black hole or DD trade)
              PF: Ed davis
              C: Jonas Valanciunas

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                What I honestly wanted this season was for to get a top 3 pick and trade DD or Rudy for another lottery pick
                Also did not expect Lowry to play this well and I also wanted him gone for a lottery pick hahaha

Lineup would have been

PG:Elfrid Payton( Lowry trade)
                SG: Terrence Ross
                SF: Andrew Wiggins/ Jabari Parker ( Black hole or DD trade)
                PF: Ed davis
                C: Jonas Valanciunas
                I was definitely on the tank wagon as well. Everyone who isn't part of the long term future get the hell out of here. But, you wanted to trade back for ed Davis lol? Dream big mack!

Comment

I know this is from October, but this title is so passive-aggressive.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Looking back did you want to re-assess?
                    Not even remotely. I completely stand by what i said. Toronto is still not contending for anything as built. They need a big star, a real talent upgrade at a few positions and they need to be able to retain bench talent at a low cost to do it.

Not easy.

What has changed from what i said? One thing.... kyle Lowry has improbably become the guy I said he needed to be. Anyone who claims Lowry was ever, at any point even remotely close to where he now as a player, leader and man is just arguing for arguments sake.... everyone around him, and he himself have stated as much this year.

If your PG isn't a team leader, a selfless pro, and a top end guy...I don't like it, he has to go.
                    And he has done this. And this is unexpected and completely good.

So next, a superstar. Who's coming guys? Lebron? Durant? don't hold your breath, I mean it can happen, but I'm not betting anything on it.

I wanted to tank for a game changing, CANADIAN star. I wanted Wiggans, and a low cost. I won't get what I want, and Toronto's future is very dicey at best..... I am super happy about playoffs, like really happy, but it doesn't change a thing about how I feel as far as what i thought they needed man.... not at all.

think of it like this. Masai.... he thought he was tanking...... it backfired

Comment

Not even remotely. I completely stand by what i said. Toronto is still not contending for anything as built. They need a big star, a real talent upgrade at a few positions and they need to be able to retain bench talent at a low cost to do it.

Not easy.

What has changed from what i said? One thing.... kyle Lowry has improbably become the guy I said he needed to be. Anyone who claims Lowry was ever, at any point even remotely close to where he now as a player, leader and man is just arguing for arguments sake.... everyone around him, and he himself have stated as much this year.

So next, a superstar. Who's coming guys? Lebron? Durant? don't hold your breath, I mean it can happen, but I'm not betting anything on it.

I wanted to tank for a game changing, CANADIAN star. I wanted Wiggans, and a low cost. I won't get what I want, and Toronto's future is very dicey at best..... I am super happy about playoffs, like really happy, but it doesn't change a thing about how I feel as far as what i thought they needed man.... not at all.

Nope! Kevin Love!
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

When everyone is having a blast during the playoffs at the ACC or at the home parties, all these people who wanted to tank earlier in the season will be in the corner all alone with their arms crossed, hating every minute of it lol. SMH

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                          When everyone is having a blast during the playoffs at the ACC or at the home parties, all these people who wanted to tank earlier in the season will be in the corner all alone with their arms crossed, hating every minute of it lol. SMH
                          Not true. Those that wanted to tank early in the season were correct. Hell, even MU wanted to tank. If you have a crap team, then make it as crappy as possible.

Once Dolan nixed the Lowry trade and the team started on that great run a lot of the tankers were more than happy to hop on the playoff bandwagon and even most of the hardcore tankers realized their ship had sailed and there would be no top 5 pick. I think the only ones really pissed off are a few of those that still wanted to trade Lowry at the deadline.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Bahahahahha

I was dead wrong on the one most of us care about though!
                            In a good way.

Comment

Not easy.

Wiggins is a long way from being a solid nba player. He may be a restricted fa by that time. He will struggle in Milwaukee or Philly next year.

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                                Nope your definitely wrong about that. I was all on the tank parade and I'm going to love the raptors being in the playoffs. I just thought and still think tanking is the best thing we could of done for our future. I'm still going to enjoy the success while it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X