Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: NY @ Raptors: Insert Primo jokes here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    You guys should check out knickerblogger.net post-game grades. The Bargnani and Hansbrough comments are hilarious.
    Raptorsss, Register for Keeper League!! Lol
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally watching the first quarter.... really sloppy defence.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

omagod how did i miss this !?!?!?!
    ughhh and t ross played so well too
    we made the highlights eayyy
    ross at number one
    dd dunk at 3
    and the lob to fields form dj at number 8 i believe

did dj play well tho? hope he did..
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Re-watching the 1st quarter again and JV and Amir need a LOT of work, specifically JV on defence. He still gets really lost and doesn't know how to position himself and that results in poor defensive rotations... Perhaps he just didn't have much hustle that night.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment Fields came into the rotation *replacing jv* when the Raptors responded to the Knicks Small ball *amir @ the 5*, the defence tightened up so much... holy moly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Re-watching the 1st quarter again and JV and Amir need a LOT of work, specifically JV on defence. He still gets really lost and doesn't know how to position himself and that results in poor defensive rotations... Perhaps he just didn't have much hustle that night.
    I didn't watch the game but I swear Amir is our best defender. I'm shocked you think he needs 'A LOT' of work. And Casey made it seem that it was more the defensive rebounds that were bad in the first quarter not the defense itself. Even though rebounding is a part of defense.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I didn't watch the game but I swear Amir is our best defender. I'm shocked you think he needs 'A LOT' of work. And Casey made it seem that it was more the defensive rebounds that were bad in the first quarter not the defense itself. Even though rebounding is a part of defense.
    That's what he meant bad defensive positioning leads to Offensive rebounds
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    They need a LOT of work because of JV. Amir has to compensate for JV's inappropriate floor spacing and positioning that he has to do double duty.

JV's like....slow.

He stays in the key where he should, Knicks run a couple of P&R's from left side to right. He stands right around where the knicks pick is and then it clogs up the Raptors wings.

Tyson Chandler in a PnR shoots a 10 footer and it's a wide open shot while JV is underneath the rim.

It's like he's one defensive play slower than the offensive team. I really wish he could be more vocal in defence... I think it would help these situations.
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    omagod how did i miss this !?!?!?!
    ughhh and t ross played so well too
    we made the highlights eayyy
    ross at number one
    dd dunk at 3
    and the lob to fields form dj at number 8 i believe

did dj play well tho? hope he did..
    DJ didn't play much. I dont think he played at all in the 2nd half.

Right now i would think Stone is the backup.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

DJ started playing in the 2nd period. He performed very poorly.

Offensively he doesn't make the best decisions because sometimes he forces up his shot.

Defensively he doesn't always cover his man and ends up being a spectator sometimes. This might have been because the Knicks were running Iso's, but there was a lot of distance.

He's also undersized, so when off. players post up around the top of the key, they get a clean jump shot or floater.
    Last edited by drunkmunky; Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 at 10:55 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nobody crediting Ujir and Caseys pick for ast coaches huh? Nurse and Bayno? Unsung heroes.

Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to see where they are impacting the game. I'm under the impression that Bayno and Nurse have been helping individuals with their offense as per interviews with Terrance Ross etc. Bayno is a player development coach from what I understand.

I think we'll see more of Nurse's offensive schemes being used by Casey during the Season. It's difficult to point them out now as I re-watch the game.

As per reddit comments, they're running PnR's w/ dribble pen when there is enough time on the clock. If time shortens up, time to do the 1 man iso on either side or ball rotation from left to right with the pop-3 or long-2. If the dribble pen doesn't work, kickout to the rotation strategy again. Naturally JV and Amir are in there to scruff, or at least, they are supposed to. Didn't see that from JV much this game.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    They need a LOT of work because of JV. Amir has to compensate for JV's inappropriate floor spacing and positioning that he has to do double duty.

JV's like....slow.

He stays in the key where he should, Knicks run a couple of P&R's from left side to right. He stands right around where the knicks pick is and then it clogs up the Raptors wings.

Tyson Chandler in a PnR shoots a 10 footer and it's a wide open shot while JV is underneath the rim.

It's like he's one defensive play slower than the offensive team. I really wish he could be more vocal in defence... I think it would help these situations.
    Either that, or Jonas was intentionally giving Chandler the room to take that jumper (a shot that hasn't been in his arsenal before).

I'd be daring Chandler to shoot from outside 10 feet myself.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Either that, or Jonas was intentionally giving Chandler the room to take that jumper (a shot that hasn't been in his arsenal before).

I'd be daring Chandler to shoot from outside 10 feet myself.
    Sherman hamilton's in game comments was that Casey was yelling at him to step out and the commentators desk is right next to the bench so i'll take his word for it?????

Thread Information