Memphis @ Toronto: DeRozan's continued Growth and God Father IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if there's a serious drop in coaching, the starters for Memphis had a late night (it is pre-season) or what, but they never were into the game...
    I'm surprised this hasn't come up more. Everybody knows that the pros like to Party while visiting Toronto. What better opportunity than the night before a meaningless pre-season game? Assuming the Griz were in the city Tuesday night, we could have seen the raps beat up a severely hung-over squad.

Comment

• Indiana65 wrote: View Post
      I ended up unable to get the game on any of the sites you guys brought to my attention. Everyone of them required a download of software but when I tried to do that my firewall prevented the download as being unsafe. Doesn't matter as I did hear it and it was not much of a game.
      You should get adblock for your browser and latest adobe flash player Will work like a charm.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• EDIT:

Lowry's finger will be protected for 6 weeks, but he's able to play in games and practice.
        Last edited by rocwell; Thu Oct 24, 2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• JV and stone day to day

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Lowry 6 weeks out....
            Ah, no. 6 weeks in a splint. He can still practice and play according to the press release:

Raptors guard Kyle Lowry injured his left ring finger tendon during the third quarter of Wednesday’s game versus Memphis.

Lowry’s finger will be protected with a splint for approximately six weeks. During this time he will be able to participate in practices and play in games.

Lowry had a follow-up examination this afternoon in Toronto and did not accompany the team to Milwaukee for Friday’s preseason finale.

The Raptors open the regular season Wednesday at Air Canada Centre versus the Boston Celtics (7 p.m.)
            http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...jury-update-2/

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Ah, no. 6 weeks in a splint. He can still practice and play according to the press release:

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...jury-update-2/
              Yup, I edited my msg just before you posted. thanks tho

Comment

• Ah my bad Rocwell missed your update.

Comment

• Anyone one how the x-rays came out? Is he fine or is Lowry just too stubborn to sit out in his contract year?
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Anyone one how the x-rays came out? Is he fine or is Lowry just too stubborn to sit out in his contract year?
                    /sarcasm?

His finger tendon is damaged. He'll do fine from the start.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      /sarcasm?

His finger tendon is damaged. He'll do fine from the start.
                      Like is something that would need surgery in like the off season or is it actually fine and it just needs time to heal?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Like is something that would need surgery in like the off season or is it actually fine and it just needs time to heal?
                        No surgery is needed.

Splint is required to allow damaged tendon to heal and form a scar.

He'll do just fine.

Comment

• Randolph should have gotten a flagrant two and a suspension for that elbow plus an academy award for the show of concern after the fact.

JV needs a Zach poster in the locker room to throw darts at and get inspired.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            randolph should have gotten a flagrant two and a suspension for that elbow plus an academy award for the show of concern after the fact.

jv needs a zach poster in the locker room to throw darts at and get inspired.

Comment

Working...
                            X