Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

    One GM told FOX Sports Ohio there is also strong league-wide interest in Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan -- but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozanís current employer to take the plunge.
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cle...99&feedID=8888

    .

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    awwwwww, what do all these NBA coaches and GMs know? He's nothing but an overpaid, inefficient chucker that can't do anything else. Don't they pay attention to the expertise available at RR?

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    awwwwww, what do all these NBA coaches and GMs know? He's nothing but an overpaid, inefficient chucker that can't do anything else. Don't they pay attention to the expertise available at RR?
    "but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozan's current employer to take the plunge" is NBA Writer for "they're making lowball offers nobody in their right mind would take."

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

    Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,440
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

    Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.
    We get it. You don't like Derozan anymore. You've written the exact same comment about a hundred times on every single Derozan related thread in the last 48 hours.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    "but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozan's current employer to take the plunge" is NBA Writer for "they're making lowball offers nobody in their right mind would take."
    Nothing of the kind is being said, but thanks for sharing your simplistic imagination. Here's the thing: low ball or not, league wide interest in a guy who according to many here is overpaid for 4 years to come. You think many GMs are interested in committing $38M just so they can say they "won" with a low ball offer? Or is it more likely they think he's worth the $$$?

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

    Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.
    Totally probably not true! I think there might be a long, storied list of SGs who couldn't hit threes, but were important pieces of perennial contending teams! I'm not going to look into it but I'm going to assume that it happens regularly!

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Xixak's sarcasm is being laid on so thick, that people are actually confused as to whether he's a DeRozan fan or not....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One GM told FOX Sports Ohio there is also strong league-wide interest in Toronto Raptors guard DeMar DeRozan -- but seemingly nothing that would entice DeRozanís current employer to take the plunge.
    Hmm. I wonder if his name is Masai.

  10. Like JawsGT, bounty, mcHAPPY liked this post
  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    awwwwww, what do all these NBA coaches and GMs know? He's nothing but an overpaid, inefficient chucker that can't do anything else. Don't they pay attention to the expertise available at RR?
    +1,000,000
    Watch all the analytics guys lose their mind
    @Chr1st1anL

  12. #11
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We used to hear that same thing about Bargnani too, for what that's worth. Until an actual offer is leaked to properly assess interest and value, this is a whole lot of nothing.

    At the very least, it does certainly seem that MU is doing his due-diligence with regards to his "wait and see" assessment of his roster, both in terms of on-court performance and as potential trade bait.

  13. Like bounty, mcHAPPY, Nilanka liked this post
  14. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

    Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.
    Ross is not ready for prime time yet. Trust MU will know if and when to trade DD .

  15. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if his name is Masai.
    Probably not. Masai is not of the same mould regarding dealing with the media as BC.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    We used to hear that same thing about Bargnani too, for what that's worth. Until an actual offer is leaked to properly assess interest and value, this is a whole lot of nothing.

    At the very least, it does certainly seem that MU is doing his due-diligence with regards to his "wait and see" assessment of his roster, both in terms of on-court performance and as potential trade bait.
    Not entirely true. For the most part, the only person dangling that information about Bargnani was Colangelo (or BC through another person in teh organization leaking it). I can't for the life of me remember a piece of news from outside the Raptors media sphere that said something like "lots of league-wide interest in Bargnani". It was always BC saying something obviously pathetic like "there is a market for him and we have had offers". Essentially trying desperately to drive up his value.

    Now, I don't know who the source of this article is, but I can't imagine that if Ujiri wanted to leak something, he'd choose Fox Sports Ohio. It would either be with the Toronto media, or a bigger name south of the border like Stein or Woj.

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The one Derozan rumour I expect at some point this season is a Derozan for Greg Monroe deal. In fact, let's start it now....

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie Mundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

    Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.
    That would be the tanking thing to do for sure. The only problem is that if he trades Derozan, he needs to find suitors for Gay and Lowry right away. Any one of those 3 being moved is going to be the first domino, there's no sense in moving one of those guys and keeping the other 2 for any amount of time.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if his name is Masai.
    EXACTLY!

    Once again as per the Hayward rumour:

    Who leaked this?
    Who would gain by having it leaked?


    NEVER put any grain in to anything no one will put their name to. Yes tampering can become an issue but rumours are gossip.


    On the plus side, I hope it is true. You know you're screwed, whether you keep the guy or trade him, if no one is interested in your players - especially making over $9M per year.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  20. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The one Derozan rumour I expect at some point this season is a Derozan for Greg Monroe deal. In fact, let's start it now....
    JV and GM that might be the worst defensive front court in the league
    @Chr1st1anL

  21. Like p00ka liked this post
  22. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post

    Now, I don't know who the source of this article is, but I can't imagine that if Ujiri wanted to leak something, he'd choose Fox Sports Ohio. It would either be with the Toronto media, or a bigger name south of the border like Stein or Woj.
    Which is why it would be the best place to do it

  23. #20
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Monroe is so overrated its not even funny.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  24. Like bounty, p00ka liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •