Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think trading DeMar would be the worst thing the franchise could do. Last thing DD needs is a chip on his shoulder from being traded by the Raptors
    @Chr1st1anL

2. Like japetas, TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    JV and GM that might be the worst defensive front court in the league
    Ouch. Anyway, I'm not touting the deal, I just expect that it will be a thing at some point...

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Chr1s1anL;238615]I think trading DeMar would be the worst thing the franchise could do.

Agreed...Young guy, hard worker, loves T.O. and finally coming into his own in the league. Never mind he has a better than reasonable contract for the next 4 years. Derozan is one of the hardest workers in the league and it is starting to pay off. Many people have written Derozan off but I think he might be a bit of a late bloomer compared to others...big deal. Derozan got lots of room to grow and looks like he's all for it. Maybe we'll see him in the all-star game soon!!

5. Like Dino4life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The one Derozan rumour I expect at some point this season is a Derozan for Greg Monroe deal. In fact, let's start it now....
    I don't think that would happen only because it doesn't make from a Piston's prospective. Firstly, the Pistons already have a huge issue with where the perimeter shooting will come from. Jennings, and Smith can shoot the three, but you prefer them not to. Drummond and Monroe can't shoot threes. You'd have to rely on Billups (who is nearing the end of his career), KCP (who is a rookie), and the rest of the bench (all of whom don't shoot the three well) to shoot the three. Demar won't help them in that aspect unless he really improves his 3s this season. Secondly, I think the Pistons would really prefer trading Monroe for a legit SF so that they can slide Smith to the 4 spot. To be honest, I think the rumor of Gay for Monroe and expirings is a more likely rumor than one for Demar.

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're gonna Bash Derozan, you probably shouldn't follow that by we should start Ross. He hasn't proved shit yet, and is probably years away from reaching Derozan's level, TODAY that is a stepbackwards and a gamble that might never pay off.

Isn't Sam Amico the Cavs version of Doug Smith ? We don't know which way Masai is gonna go, but one thing he made clear, is that he banks on devloping Young talent. I doubt Irving or Bennett were offered, is there anything else interesting on their roster for our team ? Tristan Thompson ? not as long as Amir is here. Waiters ? is he really an improvement on Derozan ? doubt it. Zeller, Varejo, Jack, bunch of 2nd tier wings none of them help the raps in the long term.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Monroe is so overrated its not even funny.
    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    JV and GM that might be the worst defensive front court in the league
    No kidding, eh. Monroe can score, but his defense is atrocious. As a rookie, JV was even eating him up last year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting that yesterday report comes out that Faried is available but Nuggets looking for a lot for him and today another report comes out teams are inquiring about DeRozan but Raptors have refused offers.

Coincidental? Most likely. But I do love good speculation.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

10. Like ebrian liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    If you're gonna Bash Derozan, you probably shouldn't follow that by we should start Ross. He hasn't proved shit yet, and is probably years away from reaching Derozan's level, TODAY that is a stepbackwards and a gamble that might never pay off.

Isn't Sam Amico the Cavs version of Doug Smith ? We don't know which way Masai is gonna go, but one thing he made clear, is that he banks on devloping Young talent. I doubt Irving or Bennett were offered, is there anything else interesting on their roster for our team ? Tristan Thompson ? not as long as Amir is here. Waiters ? is he really an improvement on Derozan ? doubt it. Zeller, Varejo, Jack, bunch of 2nd tier wings none of them help the raps in the long term.
    Amico covers the Cavs but he does have quite a bit of national exposure and experience in the US.

I but a lot more faith in his gossip than others. Last year he nailed Bennett at #1.

The only similarity between Amico and Smith is both cover an individual NBA team. That is where similarities end.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Amico covers the Cavs but he does have quite a bit of national exposure and experience in the US.

I but a lot more faith in his gossip than others. Last year he nailed Bennett at #1.

The only similarity between Amico and Smith is both cover an individual NBA team. That is where similarities end.
    Yeah that was the only similarity i was making, i should have specified. I apologize Sam Amico if i offended you.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting that yesterday report comes out that Faried is available but Nuggets looking for a lot for him and today another report comes out teams are inquiring about DeRozan but Raptors have refused offers.

Make it happen Masai!
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post

DD was handed the keys to this franchise from day 1. Gift-wrapped an undeserved starting spot (Bellinelli, being an efficient 3+D guy was a far superior player at the time, as was Weems), and made the #1/#2 option right away.

Give Ross 15 shots a game and he'll be better than DeRozan in no time. He's literally better than him in every way. More athletic, better shooter, better handles, significantly better defense, the list goes on.

It's time to ship out DD for whatever we can get and give Ross a chance to develop into a SG that can actually win us games. Not one that chucks up 16-23 foot jumpers all game and can't score in the 4th quarter.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    DD was handed the keys to this franchise from day 1. Gift-wrapped an undeserved starting spot (Bellinelli, being an efficient 3+D guy was a far superior player at the time, as was Weems), and made the #1/#2 option right away.

Give Ross 15 shots a game and he'll be better than DeRozan in no time. He's literally better than him in every way. More athletic, better shooter, better handles, significantly better defense, the list goes on.

It's time to ship out DD for whatever we can get and give Ross a chance to develop into a SG that can actually win us games. Not one that chucks up 16-23 foot jumpers all game and can't score in the 4th quarter.

Lol dude, not funny anymore

16. Like Nilanka, Dino4life, JimiCliff, p00ka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post

yeah, except you forget, DD wasn't the one holding Ross back, he couldn't get minutes over Anderson or fields. Even if you ship out DD, how do you know Casey will give his spot to Ross ? He wasn't deserving of back up minutes according to the coach, and now you want to gift wrap him the starting spot which is what you're complaining about regarding Demar. I'm lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Still opposed to the trade Derozan camp... he has been the Raptors best player this pre season and it's not even close. If they are going to trade an over priced wing, make it Gay or Fields. Let DD reach his prime and give him a chance to be a $10M guy.. still All-star potential in my opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote IROR wrote: View Post
    Still opposed to the trade Derozan camp... he has been the Raptors best player this pre season and it's not even close. If they are going to trade an over priced wing, make it Gay or Fields. Let DD reach his prime and give him a chance to be a $10M guy.. still All-star potential in my opinion.
    This is exactly what we did with Bargnani. How many all-star games did he attend?

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Make it happen Masai!
    Faried has terrible defense for a 4. I still prefer Amir and Hansbrough over him.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Faried has terrible defense for a 4. I still prefer Amir and Hansbrough over him.
    Agreed.

Faried is an energy guy. His energy is always in turbo mode. But that's all he is, an energy guy. We already have Amir and Tyler. We dont need another one.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Derozan is a KEEPER.
    This guy is carving his own niche in the NBA, and he is finding real consistency when abusing smaller guards. He has all the tools to be a great defender, it is really up to him to continue to improve, and all indications early say his trajectory is on mark. 23 years of age, and already maturing into a refined and consistent package. Can the season start yet?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not coincidental but it's not linked in the way you think. Zach Lowe addressing both issues in his column simply gives other writers with less clout the opportunity to address rumours.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Totally probably not true! I think there might be a long, storied list of SGs who couldn't hit threes, but were important pieces of perennial contending teams! I'm not going to look into it but I'm going to assume that it happens regularly!
    Rip Hamilton in DET is a great example. Not much 3pt, or even a great defender - but lethal.
    DWade and Lance Stephenson in the 2013 ECF

As I mention that Pistons squad - Chauncey (Lowry-ish), Rip (DD-ish), Tayshaun (Rudy?), we need Amir and Jonas to cover the bases of Rasheed and Big Ben.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information