Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    This is going to sound snarky, but I'm not being snarky, I'm just being honest. DD being able to stay on the court isn't worth much to me because I've never found that he adds a whole lot to the team, so I really don't care if he gets injured. I've never felt that we'd be much worse off without him.

And again, when I say that, I'm not trying to stir anything up or rile anyone up. These are just the feelings of one fan who's been watching basketball at many levels for many years.
    I bet $100 you dont have cable and you certainly dont have nbatv canada. Demar is the best player on our team right now. He garners the most interest because he's actually improving. How does that make you feel? Your comment is ridicoulous to anyone who actually watches the Raptors...err.....I mean to the "anti-tankers."

I'm just being honest as a Raptor fan. I don't mean to be disrespectful.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
      I bet $100 you dont have cable and you certainly dont have nbatv canada. Demar is the best player on our team right now. He garners the most interest because he's actually improving. How does that make you feel? Your comment is ridicoulous to anyone who actually watches the Raptors...err.....I mean to the "anti-tankers."

I'm just being honest as a Raptor fan. I don't mean to be disrespectful.
      I've been watching some preseason. I'm not going to get sucked into having my hopes inflated by anything that happens in preseason; I've been down that road.

Hopefully he plays the real games the same way.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

RahMath wrote: View Post
        I agree.

If Masai trades Derozan, they will still be too good to get a good position in the lottery. He would almost have to do a Game of thrones Red Wedding to make a true course correction.

I could be wrong, but I get the sense that Masai may be comfortable with a 7th or 8th seed. I think that confidence comes from the belief that he truly does not think that it will be difficult to lure good free agents to Canada in the future.

Perhaps Wiggins signs with Toronto after his rookie deal?
        hahahaha
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          My apologies, I should have said....

.... attach your cart to the luck of the injury bug when negotiating contracts.

Players durability has no value when the player has no injury history. When a player has an injury history it certainly becomes a factor such as Bogut's extension talks in GS and Bynum's deal with Cleveland. I made that point in another thread which I thought was this one but does not appear to be. You took an idea I shared in another thread, whether you realized or not, and brought it in to this one much like I brought the idea of your anti-lottery ball stance in to the discussion.... however I'm cool with that.

As an aside, you asked an open ended question on a public forum to people who felt a non-injury history was worthless to which I answered. If you did not want an answer, why did you post? And since you did receive an answer why would you then attempt to make it personal towards me? Never gonna get this weird dynamic.
          I think in a vacuum this might be true. But an "iron man" type player is going to have more relative value than someone who is injury prone. Essentially, if DeMar had been playing 60 games per year instead of 80+, he would not have made as much.

So as a result of that, being non-injury prone actually does have value.

If Stephen Curry didn't have ankle problems for example, he likely would've gotten a near max extension instead of the 10M per year deal that the Warriors gave him.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
            This is exactly what we did with Bargnani. How many all-star games did he attend?
            True, but I think we can all agree Derozan has better work habits, better health and higher ceiling than Bargnani did when he signed his extension. Demar brings alot to the table, he would have received an offer sheet of that value or more had he become an RFA. Bargnani, probably not.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Totally probably not true! I think there might be a long, storied list of SGs who couldn't hit threes, but were important pieces of perennial contending teams! I'm not going to look into it but I'm going to assume that it happens regularly!
              Dwayne Wade comes to mind...His 3FG% for his first 5 seasons.

his FG% never climbed over 50 either...

Please dont think that im comparing demar to wade...Just there is use for a shooting guard that doesnt hit 3's at a good clip... you just have to be that much better at everything else.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                ...there is use for a shooting guard that doesn't hit 3's at a good clip... you just have to be that much better at everything else.
                There is the challenge for DeMar. One he seems to take seriously and to be working on, albeit at a slower rate than we all might like, still...the progress is there. Go DeMar!

Comment

RahMath wrote: View Post
                  Perhaps Wiggins signs with Toronto after his rookie deal?
                  As has been pointed out many times: due to the structures of the CBA, Wiggins will be with whatever team signs him for the first seven to eight years of his career (assuming he justifies the hype) unless he is traded in which case the traded team will have him for the remainder of that time.

Masai is not thinking that far out and shouldn't be.

Comment

Working...
                  X