Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xixak wrote: View Post
    Masai needs to capitalize this and ship DeMar out now. He's never going to be a useful player on a contender, so we should cut our losses now especially if his value is high.

Let Ross start at 2, save cap space, see if he can be that perfect 3+D SG we're looking for. Maybe get some picks and prospects back as well.
    That would be the tanking thing to do for sure. The only problem is that if he trades Derozan, he needs to find suitors for Gay and Lowry right away. Any one of those 3 being moved is going to be the first domino, there's no sense in moving one of those guys and keeping the other 2 for any amount of time.
    "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Hmm. I wonder if his name is Masai.
      EXACTLY!

Once again as per the Hayward rumour:

Who leaked this?
      Who would gain by having it leaked?

NEVER put any grain in to anything no one will put their name to. Yes tampering can become an issue but rumours are gossip.

On the plus side, I hope it is true. You know you're screwed, whether you keep the guy or trade him, if no one is interested in your players - especially making over $9M per year.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        The one Derozan rumour I expect at some point this season is a Derozan for Greg Monroe deal. In fact, let's start it now....
        JV and GM that might be the worst defensive front court in the league
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Now, I don't know who the source of this article is, but I can't imagine that if Ujiri wanted to leak something, he'd choose Fox Sports Ohio. It would either be with the Toronto media, or a bigger name south of the border like Stein or Woj.
          Which is why it would be the best place to do it
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Monroe is so overrated its not even funny.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think trading DeMar would be the worst thing the franchise could do. Last thing DD needs is a chip on his shoulder from being traded by the Raptors
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Ouch. Anyway, I'm not touting the deal, I just expect that it will be a thing at some point...

Comment

[QUOTE=Chr1s1anL;238615]I think trading DeMar would be the worst thing the franchise could do.

Agreed...Young guy, hard worker, loves T.O. and finally coming into his own in the league. Never mind he has a better than reasonable contract for the next 4 years. Derozan is one of the hardest workers in the league and it is starting to pay off. Many people have written Derozan off but I think he might be a bit of a late bloomer compared to others...big deal. Derozan got lots of room to grow and looks like he's all for it. Maybe we'll see him in the all-star game soon!!

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    The one Derozan rumour I expect at some point this season is a Derozan for Greg Monroe deal. In fact, let's start it now....
                    I don't think that would happen only because it doesn't make from a Piston's prospective. Firstly, the Pistons already have a huge issue with where the perimeter shooting will come from. Jennings, and Smith can shoot the three, but you prefer them not to. Drummond and Monroe can't shoot threes. You'd have to rely on Billups (who is nearing the end of his career), KCP (who is a rookie), and the rest of the bench (all of whom don't shoot the three well) to shoot the three. Demar won't help them in that aspect unless he really improves his 3s this season. Secondly, I think the Pistons would really prefer trading Monroe for a legit SF so that they can slide Smith to the 4 spot. To be honest, I think the rumor of Gay for Monroe and expirings is a more likely rumor than one for Demar.

Comment

If you're gonna Bash Derozan, you probably shouldn't follow that by we should start Ross. He hasn't proved shit yet, and is probably years away from reaching Derozan's level, TODAY that is a stepbackwards and a gamble that might never pay off.

Isn't Sam Amico the Cavs version of Doug Smith ? We don't know which way Masai is gonna go, but one thing he made clear, is that he banks on devloping Young talent. I doubt Irving or Bennett were offered, is there anything else interesting on their roster for our team ? Tristan Thompson ? not as long as Amir is here. Waiters ? is he really an improvement on Derozan ? doubt it. Zeller, Varejo, Jack, bunch of 2nd tier wings none of them help the raps in the long term.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Monroe is so overrated its not even funny.
                        Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        No kidding, eh. Monroe can score, but his defense is atrocious. As a rookie, JV was even eating him up last year.

Comment

Very interesting that yesterday report comes out that Faried is available but Nuggets looking for a lot for him and today another report comes out teams are inquiring about DeRozan but Raptors have refused offers.

Coincidental? Most likely. But I do love good speculation.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                            If you're gonna Bash Derozan, you probably shouldn't follow that by we should start Ross. He hasn't proved shit yet, and is probably years away from reaching Derozan's level, TODAY that is a stepbackwards and a gamble that might never pay off.

Isn't Sam Amico the Cavs version of Doug Smith ? We don't know which way Masai is gonna go, but one thing he made clear, is that he banks on devloping Young talent. I doubt Irving or Bennett were offered, is there anything else interesting on their roster for our team ? Tristan Thompson ? not as long as Amir is here. Waiters ? is he really an improvement on Derozan ? doubt it. Zeller, Varejo, Jack, bunch of 2nd tier wings none of them help the raps in the long term.
                            Amico covers the Cavs but he does have quite a bit of national exposure and experience in the US.

I but a lot more faith in his gossip than others. Last year he nailed Bennett at #1.

The only similarity between Amico and Smith is both cover an individual NBA team. That is where similarities end.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Amico covers the Cavs but he does have quite a bit of national exposure and experience in the US.

I but a lot more faith in his gossip than others. Last year he nailed Bennett at #1.

The only similarity between Amico and Smith is both cover an individual NBA team. That is where similarities end.
                              Yeah that was the only similarity i was making, i should have specified. I apologize Sam Amico if i offended you.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Very interesting that yesterday report comes out that Faried is available but Nuggets looking for a lot for him and today another report comes out teams are inquiring about DeRozan but Raptors have refused offers.

Coincidental? Most likely. But I do love good speculation.
                                Make it happen Masai!
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X