Sam Amico: Strong league wide interest in DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i think i'd do faried for demar, tho i wouldn't swap picks.

edit: actually i think they'll be just as bad as we are

one team i'd keep an eye on is the cavs. there's rumblings that they're not happy with their SG situation, namely waiters. i like waiters a lot, ESPECIALLY as a sixth man. ive said it once and i'll say it again, you need guys that get to the rim at the end of games if you want to win, and that's what waiters does best.

tho i gotta say demar's been doing pretty well himself especially with his newfound handles
    We might be getting their 2016 pick already, since they have the right to swap picks with NY that year, then NY gives us the pick. Denver holds the rights to swap though, so if NY bombs, we still need Denver to bomb to get a good pick. Thankfully, both of those teams could bomb out by then.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think saying any player is "practically indestructible" is just begging for an injury. Everybody said Westbrook was a machine, and then he lost the playoffs and maybe half a season. You're indestructible - right until you aren't.

Comment

LOL, it's funny how a player being injury prone is always spoken of when referring to a player's value to his team, but DD being the complete opposite is apparently worth nothing, to some. Why is that?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
          LOL, it's funny how a player being injury prone is always spoken of when referring to a player's value to his team, but DD being the complete opposite is apparently worth nothing, to some. Why is that?
          Because injuries can and do happen out of nowhere.

Freak accidents and injuries happen.... especially in sport. Westbrook was an iron man... until he wasn't. Derrick Rose was a stallion... until he signed his extension.

Remember the old saying: past performance is not indicative of future results.... especially when dealing with something as uncontrollable as injuries.

For someone who is not willing to attach their cart to the luck of the lottery I'm surprised you're willing to attach your cart to the luck of the injury bug.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Faried is better than hansbrough and possibly even Amir. Dude is a beast, put up a near double double in 28 mins a night. He also averages a block and a steal on top of shooting 55% from the field. But trading him for derozan is iffy, unless we get randy foye back
            Yes and No.

Faried is definitely better than Amir and Tyler. But i still wouldn't trade DD for him even if we get Foye back.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yea I agree, I think it's definitely worth something. Freak injuries happen, but many players are prone to missing 10-15 games a year without having serious injuries. Derozan isn't prone to those small, frequent injuries. Hopefully it isn't only due to his youth and he'll continue to stay healthy

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                Rip Hamilton in DET is a great example. Not much 3pt, or even a great defender - but lethal.
                DWade and Lance Stephenson in the 2013 ECF

As I mention that Pistons squad - Chauncey (Lowry-ish), Rip (DD-ish), Tayshaun (Rudy?), we need Amir and Jonas to cover the bases of Rasheed and Big Ben.
                That's a whole bunch of ish's. I'd say go to urbandictionary.com and look up the word "ish". That's what we have here.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Because injuries can and do happen out of nowhere.

Freak accidents and injuries happen.... especially in sport. Westbrook was an iron man... until he wasn't. Derrick Rose was a stallion... until he signed his extension.

Remember the old saying: past performance is not indicative of future results.... especially when dealing with something as uncontrollable as injuries.

For someone who is not willing to attach their cart to the luck of the lottery I'm surprised you're willing to attach your cart to the luck of the injury bug.
                  Up to now, I've thought your twisting of things was a conscious thing. I'm starting to get the impression it's not. Speaking of putting value on a player's durability, as opposed to saying it has NO VALUE in your words, is so far removed from "attach your cart" to lottery luck or not, your retort leaves me speechless.

Comment

Up to now, I've thought your twisting of things was a conscious thing. I'm starting to get the impression it's not. Speaking of putting value on a player's durability, as opposed to saying it has NO VALUE in your words, is so far removed from "attach your cart" to lottery luck or not, your retort leaves me speechless.
                    My apologies, I should have said....

.... attach your cart to the luck of the injury bug when negotiating contracts.

Players durability has no value when the player has no injury history. When a player has an injury history it certainly becomes a factor such as Bogut's extension talks in GS and Bynum's deal with Cleveland. I made that point in another thread which I thought was this one but does not appear to be. You took an idea I shared in another thread, whether you realized or not, and brought it in to this one much like I brought the idea of your anti-lottery ball stance in to the discussion.... however I'm cool with that.

As an aside, you asked an open ended question on a public forum to people who felt a non-injury history was worthless to which I answered. If you did not want an answer, why did you post? And since you did receive an answer why would you then attempt to make it personal towards me? Never gonna get this weird dynamic.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      My apologies, I should have said....

.... attach your cart to the luck of the injury bug when negotiating contracts.

Players durability has no value when the player has no injury history. When a player has an injury history it certainly becomes a factor such as Bogut's extension talks in GS and Bynum's deal with Cleveland. I made that point in another thread which I thought was this one but does not appear to be. You took an idea I shared in another thread, whether you realized or not, and brought it in to this one much like I brought the idea of your anti-lottery ball stance in to the discussion.... however I'm cool with that.

As an aside, you asked an open ended question on a public forum to people who felt a non-injury history was worthless to which I answered. If you did not want an answer, why did you post? And since you did receive an answer why would you then attempt to make it personal towards me? Never gonna get this weird dynamic.
                      Excuse me? What have I said that you somehow have translated to "not wanting an answer"? Again, my point about twisting stuff. *head shake*.

As far as me taking an idea you shared in another thread, all my posts aren't all about you. I was responding to a post immediately before mine, poopooing his injury free history. Yes, your post a day or two ago (I don't think I responded then, nor do I care what thread it is in) came to mind, but it's not all about you.

As far as making "it personal", huh? If saying that you're twisting things, like you often do, is making it personal, then I'm guilty. In that case, my apologies.

Comment

It's nice to see some stories driving up the value of our players. Everyone in a rush to trade Derozan should be patient, I think he's going to have a very good season. Then if we still want to trade him he will have even more value.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          Rip Hamilton in DET is a great example. Not much 3pt, or even a great defender - but lethal.
                          DWade and Lance Stephenson in the 2013 ECF

As I mention that Pistons squad - Chauncey (Lowry-ish), Rip (DD-ish), Tayshaun (Rudy?), we need Amir and Jonas to cover the bases of Rasheed and Big Ben.
                          Rip Hamilton shot 35% from three for his career! Not bad! Lance Stephenson, easily the weakest link in Indy's starting five last year, also shot 35% from three last season! D-Wade, though, is a bad 3 point shooter. So far, the list of poor 3-pt shooting SGs who have contributed to contending teams is at one! But there must be more!
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I agree.

If Masai trades Derozan, they will still be too good to get a good position in the lottery. He would almost have to do a Game of thrones Red Wedding to make a true course correction.

I could be wrong, but I get the sense that Masai may be comfortable with a 7th or 8th seed. I think that confidence comes from the belief that he truly does not think that it will be difficult to lure good free agents to Canada in the future.

Perhaps Wiggins signs with Toronto after his rookie deal?

Comment

Was responding to the idea that trading Derozan means tanking - and then Masia would need to move others

Comment

This is going to sound snarky, but I'm not being snarky, I'm just being honest. DD being able to stay on the court isn't worth much to me because I've never found that he adds a whole lot to the team, so I really don't care if he gets injured. I've never felt that we'd be much worse off without him.

And again, when I say that, I'm not trying to stir anything up or rile anyone up. These are just the feelings of one fan who's been watching basketball at many levels for many years.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X