Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DeRozan the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul is getting serious competition.

Comment

Ben McLemore is not better than DeRozan.

He hasn't played in a single NBA regular season game and he's already better than DeMar? That's a stretch.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

who cares about kevin martin when quincy acy has 63%TS

Comment

Also, I like how your argument for Danny Green is "watch the NBA Finals". Because seven games of good play is sufficient evidence. yeahhhhhhh
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Are we doing this all year? Cause if we are, I'm gonna make a thread about how much I love Drake!

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
              This isn't a schtick, it's not a troll, it's not a hissy-fit.

Can anyone legitimately argue that DD is better than any of those players?
              Yes, lots of people can legitimately argue for several of those players, but this whole "change of heart" to use the nicest term possible is completely stupid. You aren't providing any facts to back up your ridiculous claims, so that says a lot about how you probably view everyone on here who has ever posted against your views.

You aren't even making an effort to understand what other people have said or continue to say. No one has ever said that Demar is the whole problem. The roster make-up is flawed. Demar is part of that, but even if they were to trade Demar for anything, it wouldn't likely solve the overall problems, which if you can't identify by now, then you shouldn't even be on this forum since lots of people have posted lots of points.

Sorry folks, now back to your regular car crash in progress.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

man, i dont bother posting alot cuz ima admit, i dont know shit when it comes to stats or other teams
                but real talks thats a lot of hate
                derozan now compared to last year woah he took a huge step forward
                and im happy with whats he bringing to the table
                why not relax and let the man play

btw oj mayo bradley b and jr really
                i mean really......
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Xixak is just warming everyone up for the game tonight.

Xixak is really Zarar ... trying to get xtra hits on the site?

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                    This isn't a schtick, it's not a troll, it's not a hissy-fit.
                    I think it's safe to say this guy not only is a troll having a hissy fit, but also a very young and immature troll. He hasn't had a chance to behave like this in the real world; hasn't seen that being an annoying, know-it-all either gets you fired or leaves you wondering why you've never had a promotion, after 10+ years of hard work.

Xixak, here is some advice that will make ALL the difference for you in the real world: either get a cushy government job (which is hard to get fired from), or grow a pair and learn to take some criticism.

Just to be clear, here is the smoking gun as to how we all know you're throwing a hissy fit and why half of us are in full babysitting mode right now: when someone convinces you that your point was flawed and that theirs was correct, you don't suddenly become by far the most ardent supporter of their point. You don't suddenly champion their cause harder than ANY of them ever did, while taking everything they said to the extreme.

When you get your butt handed to you in an argument, you acknowledge defeat (some more graciously than others), tuck your tail between your legs, and walk away from that battle, hoping to do better next time.

When was the last time you saw a basketball player get dunked on, have the dunker talk trash or stare them down, and then turn around and praise the dunker for how insanely amazing he is, and how he has literally dunked on every single player who has ever in the NBA, including legends that have been retired for decades? Never? Not even once?!?

That's because it doesn't happen. That would be hyperbolic sarcasm to show everyone how superior you are and what a know-it-all you are (i.e., a hissy fit).
                    Last edited by LC009; Wed Oct 23, 2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

i get an overwhelming sense that xixak doesn't like demar derozen
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

DD is not worse than a lot of those players. Overall, he is an average NBA SG. There are many facets to the game. He stands out because the one he is 'best' at is the most glorified.

Through preseason you have to give DD credit for taking and making his shots plus his decision making.

With that said though the competition has been weak. (Please re-read the sentence directly above!)

Opposition through preseason:
                        Game 1 - Boston: Lee, Crawford, Bradley
                        Game 2 - Martin, Shved
                        Game 3 - Prigioni/Felton, Shumpert, Hardaway Jr.
                        Game 4 - Shved, Barea
                        Game 5 - Crawford, Bradley, Brooks, Lee
                        Game 6 - Hardaway Jr., MWP, Murry

Bold are good defenders.

Tonight vs. Memphis with some solid defense in Allen and Pondexter. He is struggling BUT BUT BUT he is still doing good things. He has got to the foul line and he has only taken 1 shot through the first half I'd consider bad, quick long 2 in transition. He is on the glass.

So my point is not to shit on DD. Quite contrary. There actually appears to be some serious growth. It seems like for all the "we don't pay no attention" to advanced stats, he has taken the time to at least watch some game tape. My actual point is to taper the expectations on what he is going to do this year. He is going to thrive versus smaller SG's and in transition; he is going to struggle against bigger/physical defenders. It is going to be about matchups with him this year.

Comment

Bradley and Lee are good defenders too.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Bradley and Lee are good defenders too.
                            Significant size advantage over Bradley.

Lee I think is average. Certainly not as good as rep as a rookie coming out of Orlando.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              DD is not worse than a lot of those players. Overall, he is an average NBA SG. There are many facets to the game. He stands out because the one he is 'best' at is the most glorified.

Through preseason you have to give DD credit for taking and making his shots plus his decision making.

With that said though the competition has been weak. (Please re-read the sentence directly above!)

Opposition through preseason:
                              Game 1 - Boston: Lee, Crawford, Bradley
                              Game 2 - Martin, Shved
                              Game 3 - Prigioni/Felton, Shumpert, Hardaway Jr.
                              Game 4 - Shved, Barea
                              Game 5 - Crawford, Bradley, Brooks, Lee
                              Game 6 - Hardaway Jr., MWP, Murry

Bold are good defenders.

Tonight vs. Memphis with some solid defense in Allen and Pondexter. He is struggling BUT BUT BUT he is still doing good things. He has got to the foul line and he has only taken 1 shot through the first half I'd consider bad, quick long 2 in transition. He is on the glass.

So my point is not to shit on DD. Quite contrary. There actually appears to be some serious growth. It seems like for all the "we don't pay no attention" to advanced stats, he has taken the time to at least watch some game tape. My actual point is to taper the expectations on what he is going to do this year. He is going to thrive versus smaller SG's and in transition; he is going to struggle against bigger/physical defenders. It is going to be about matchups with him this year.
                              Fuck me man.

LOL - DD gone buckets against good D.

I might be a believer after 30 games!

Comment

Hmm DD proving me wrong tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X