Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Listened To The New Pearl Jam Record, Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Listened To The New Pearl Jam Record, Yet?

Only thing I've heard is Mind Your Manners. Heard a bit of another one, but I don't remember it. I hear it's pretty good and Sirens is the gem that stands out the most. Thinking I might go out and buy the CD tomorrow.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Yeah I like sirens. It's a bit different from the ole Pearl Jam but Eddie Vedder is masterful as usual. "Ten" will always be the best IMO

Comment

I'm a huge PJ fan. The first listen through the entire album I was like ... "meh" .... but after a couple more listens I actually enjoy it now. "Infallible" and "Future Days" are my two favs from this album. Not their best album by any means, but solid from start to finish.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        I'm a huge PJ fan. The first listen through the entire album I was like ... "meh" .... but after a couple more listens I actually enjoy it now. "Infallible" and "Future Days" are my two favs from this album. Not their best album by any means, but solid from start to finish.
        Wouldn't expect it to be their best. That would take some serious masterfulness. I was surprised by how good Soundgarden's most recent album was. Most 90's bands that have relesead a comeback album in recent years have been kinda "meh". Not that this is a comeback album from PJ. I heard they were being experimental which I thought was kinda cool, but worrisome. I didn't mind Backspacer, though I haven't heard it in years. Hear this is not as heavy.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I've been a PJ fan since the beginning and am looking forward to the new album, which I plan to pickup this weekend. After a few so-so albums, I was pleasantly surprised with Backspacer, so I'm hopeful for the new one. Sirens and Mind Your Manners have provided a good balance and change of pace, which I hope carries over throughout the rest of the disc.

I really need to venture into the non-basketball forum more often, as there's lots of good discussion going on!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I've been a PJ fan since the beginning and am looking forward to the new album, which I plan to pickup this weekend. After a few so-so albums, I was pleasantly surprised with Backspacer, so I'm hopeful for the new one. Sirens and Mind Your Manners have provided a good balance and change of pace, which I hope carries over throughout the rest of the disc.

I really need to venture into the non-basketball forum more often, as there's lots of good discussion going on!
            It's a so-so album, really. I like the first 6 tracks and then it falls off for me.

And yes, you most definitely do. Great discussion going on!

Comment

Working...
            X