View Poll Results: What to do with Rudy and Kyle?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade both during the season

    11 42.31%
  • Resign both after the season

    7 26.92%
  • Trade one, but keep the other

    7 26.92%
  • Play out the season and let them walk

    1 3.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Rudy and Kyle

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    He got injured and healed and couldn't get his spot back until Jose was traded, not because of injury, because the other 14 guys played better with Jose leading them.
    He didn't loose his starting spot to Jeremy Lin, he lost it to Dragic, nothing to do with Hype. They got Lin because they were already fed up with Lowry and wanted to get rid of him even after he apologized, even after they lost Dragic.
    Do you think Lowry's situation in Houston had more to do with his on-court abilities, or his off-court issues with McHale?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think his off court issues with McHale had EVERYTHING to do with his on-court ablilities.

  3. Like Dino4life liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I think his off court issues with McHale had EVERYTHING to do with his on-court ablilities.
    Yup, that's possible. Now coming full circle back to Toronto, if Lowry has mended his allegedly vulnerable relationship with Casey, would that be another reason to expect an improvement on last year's performance?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I just wish Toronto still had Calderon
    His abilities would be good but we need a PG that can stay infront of opposing PGs... JV still isnt that anchor defensively to stop blow bys.

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What would anyone think of a Lowry for Dragic deal?

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    What would anyone think of a Lowry for Dragic deal?
    I'd do that in a heartbeat.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  8. Like bounty liked this post
  9. #27
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    What would anyone think of a Lowry for Dragic deal?
    If you are keeping DD/Gay then yes.

    If not, no.

    Waste of cap space as he is too old to be a part of something in a couple years.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  10. Like bounty liked this post
  11. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If you are keeping DD/Gay then yes.

    If not, no.

    Waste of cap space as he is too old to be a part of something in a couple years.
    He is only 27/28, he would be good for the duration of his contract....

  12. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the Suns would give up on Dragic because they have Bledsoe.. I don't know why they would want Lowry though. I do think a trade of Gay for Dragic/Gortat would work (sweeteners could be added on either side). Gortat is an expiring and will be in demand around the deadline. Dragic would be a sideways move from Lowry but has a longer contract and would be easier to shop in the offseason if he can't be considered a core player. If a trade like that was done then Lowry would have to be moved to anyteam that needs PG depth. OKC comes to mind with Westbrook out for awhile.

  13. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    He is only 27/28, he would be good for the duration of his contract....
    But if you end of drafting a PG he is a waste of cap space and playing time.... essentially the same situation Phoenix is in right now with Bledsoe.

    Dragic would be a good fit if you are staying the course in my opinion.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    But if you end of drafting a PG he is a waste of cap space and playing time.... essentially the same situation Phoenix is in right now with Bledsoe.

    Dragic would be a good fit if you are staying the course in my opinion.
    If you draft a PG in 2014 I don't see a problem. Dragic is only under contract for this year and two more (3rd year player option), he could play out this year, mentor the rookie next year, and then be a vet back-up or tradable asset as an expiring deal in 2015/16.

  15. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This again?

    There's like a hundred different threads like this here. It's annoying because i dont think Raps fans in this forum give Gay the respect that he deserves.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  16. #33
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    If you draft a PG in 2014 I don't see a problem. Dragic is only under contract for this year and two more (3rd year player option), he could play out this year, mentor the rookie next year, and then be a vet back-up or tradable asset as an expiring deal in 2015/16.
    I am just not feeling it.

    I get your point though.

    I like the Philly approach this year with mcw. Through him in ands see if he swims.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  17. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I am just not feeling it.

    I get your point though.

    I like the Philly approach this year with mcw. Through him in ands see if he swims.
    That works if the whole team is developing, but if we are rolling with Amir, DeRozan, Bid Val and Rudy, a rookie PG will need some time to take control of a playoff team....but i sure would love one on the roster to develop.

  18. #35
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    That works if the whole team is developing, but if we are rolling with Amir, DeRozan, Bid Val and Rudy, a rookie PG will need some time to take control of a playoff team....but i sure would love one on the roster to develop.
    I've said that a few times now.

    If rolling with dd and gay- yes dragic would be a good pick up.

    If you are trading dd and gay then no.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  19. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I think the Suns would give up on Dragic because they have Bledsoe.. I don't know why they would want Lowry though. I do think a trade of Gay for Dragic/Gortat would work (sweeteners could be added on either side). Gortat is an expiring and will be in demand around the deadline. Dragic would be a sideways move from Lowry but has a longer contract and would be easier to shop in the offseason if he can't be considered a core player. If a trade like that was done then Lowry would have to be moved to anyteam that needs PG depth. OKC comes to mind with Westbrook out for awhile.
    I could envision a three way trade where:

    Raps:
    Send Gay to the Suns
    Receive Dragic and Millsap

    Suns:
    Send Dragic to Raptors and Gortat to Hawks
    Receive Gay

    Hawks:
    Send Millsap to Raptors
    Receive Gortat

    I included the Hawks because they would like a starting caliber center so they can move Horford to his natural PF position. A Gortat for Millsap swap makes a lot of sense for the Hawks.

    Phoenix desperately needs a lead scorer. As it stands now, it is a team of role players. Getting Gay for your superfluous PG and center that you just drafted to replace (Len) makes a lot of sense. Bledsoe will need a competent running mate in Phoenix and I think Rudy fits the bill

    The Raptors get their PG and PF of the future in Dragic and Millsap. This opens us up to deal Lowry to a team in need of a PG which should be plausible at some point during this season. I think we'd actually end up better after this trade, which is awesome in my books.

    I didn't include any picks because I don't think they're necessary. Everyone clamoring for a high 2014 draft pick isn't being realistic about the guys in this draft. Marcus Smart is projected to go #5 and I don't think he'll be a better PG than Lowry in the NBA, so why the rush to get a top 5 pick? Teams just overvalue their picks and you end up giving up more in real talent than you should for the allure of potential talent.

  20. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    He got injured and healed and couldn't get his spot back until Jose was traded, not because of injury, because the other 14 guys played better with Jose leading them.
    He didn't loose his starting spot to Jeremy Lin, he lost it to Dragic, nothing to do with Hype. They got Lin because they were already fed up with Lowry and wanted to get rid of him even after he apologized, even after they lost Dragic.
    Both times Lowry lost his starting gig it was due to injury. He lost it to Jose due to injury and he lost it to Dragic due to injury. Get your facts straight people. Lowry is a quality starting PG and he will prove that yet again this season.

  21. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    A guy who lost his spot to Jose Calderon (due to injury) and Jeremy Lin (due to unwarranted hype)? Can't say that's a valid argument.

    Top-10 PG is debatable, I agree. But my point is that Lowry should have a good year
    I'd say given the circumstances, Lowry *must* have a good year, for his career's sake.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  22. #39
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Both times Lowry lost his starting gig it was due to injury. He lost it to Jose due to injury and he lost it to Dragic due to injury. Get your facts straight people. Lowry is a quality starting PG and he will prove that yet again this season.
    Oh Please, Casey HAD to play him. The guy can't run an offence.

  23. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think this is what makes this year so fascinating. I mentioned elsewhere that the difference between blowing it up and staying the course could be very minimal if Lowry and Gay both decide to leave on their own accord at the end of the year (the difference between roster moves, not results). The league is becoming so clique based that you could see them staying or leaving together. See, as a related/unrelated note, Bill and Jalen's review of OKC which tosses out the idea of KD joining Harder and Dwight in Houston in a couple of years with Westbrook and Love reliving their UCLA days with the Lakers.....tangent ended.
    It's so tough to handicap when the ball is in Rudy's court. Sign him to a reasonable contract and you've got a top-middle tier SF to help build around. I can't wait to see what Masai does. I hope he has a better read than us

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •