Rudy and Kyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    But if you end of drafting a PG he is a waste of cap space and playing time.... essentially the same situation Phoenix is in right now with Bledsoe.

Dragic would be a good fit if you are staying the course in my opinion.
    If you draft a PG in 2014 I don't see a problem. Dragic is only under contract for this year and two more (3rd year player option), he could play out this year, mentor the rookie next year, and then be a vet back-up or tradable asset as an expiring deal in 2015/16.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

This again?

There's like a hundred different threads like this here. It's annoying because i dont think Raps fans in this forum give Gay the respect that he deserves.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        If you draft a PG in 2014 I don't see a problem. Dragic is only under contract for this year and two more (3rd year player option), he could play out this year, mentor the rookie next year, and then be a vet back-up or tradable asset as an expiring deal in 2015/16.
        I am just not feeling it.

I get your point though.

I like the Philly approach this year with mcw. Through him in ands see if he swims.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I am just not feeling it.

I get your point though.

I like the Philly approach this year with mcw. Through him in ands see if he swims.
          That works if the whole team is developing, but if we are rolling with Amir, DeRozan, Bid Val and Rudy, a rookie PG will need some time to take control of a playoff team....but i sure would love one on the roster to develop.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            That works if the whole team is developing, but if we are rolling with Amir, DeRozan, Bid Val and Rudy, a rookie PG will need some time to take control of a playoff team....but i sure would love one on the roster to develop.
            I've said that a few times now.

If rolling with dd and gay- yes dragic would be a good pick up.

If you are trading dd and gay then no.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              I think the Suns would give up on Dragic because they have Bledsoe.. I don't know why they would want Lowry though. I do think a trade of Gay for Dragic/Gortat would work (sweeteners could be added on either side). Gortat is an expiring and will be in demand around the deadline. Dragic would be a sideways move from Lowry but has a longer contract and would be easier to shop in the offseason if he can't be considered a core player. If a trade like that was done then Lowry would have to be moved to anyteam that needs PG depth. OKC comes to mind with Westbrook out for awhile.
              I could envision a three way trade where:

Raps:
              Send Gay to the Suns
              Receive Dragic and Millsap

Suns:
              Send Dragic to Raptors and Gortat to Hawks
              Receive Gay

Hawks:
              Send Millsap to Raptors
              Receive Gortat

I included the Hawks because they would like a starting caliber center so they can move Horford to his natural PF position. A Gortat for Millsap swap makes a lot of sense for the Hawks.

Phoenix desperately needs a lead scorer. As it stands now, it is a team of role players. Getting Gay for your superfluous PG and center that you just drafted to replace (Len) makes a lot of sense. Bledsoe will need a competent running mate in Phoenix and I think Rudy fits the bill

The Raptors get their PG and PF of the future in Dragic and Millsap. This opens us up to deal Lowry to a team in need of a PG which should be plausible at some point during this season. I think we'd actually end up better after this trade, which is awesome in my books.

I didn't include any picks because I don't think they're necessary. Everyone clamoring for a high 2014 draft pick isn't being realistic about the guys in this draft. Marcus Smart is projected to go #5 and I don't think he'll be a better PG than Lowry in the NBA, so why the rush to get a top 5 pick? Teams just overvalue their picks and you end up giving up more in real talent than you should for the allure of potential talent.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                He got injured and healed and couldn't get his spot back until Jose was traded, not because of injury, because the other 14 guys played better with Jose leading them.
                He didn't loose his starting spot to Jeremy Lin, he lost it to Dragic, nothing to do with Hype. They got Lin because they were already fed up with Lowry and wanted to get rid of him even after he apologized, even after they lost Dragic.
                Both times Lowry lost his starting gig it was due to injury. He lost it to Jose due to injury and he lost it to Dragic due to injury. Get your facts straight people. Lowry is a quality starting PG and he will prove that yet again this season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  A guy who lost his spot to Jose Calderon (due to injury) and Jeremy Lin (due to unwarranted hype)? Can't say that's a valid argument.

Top-10 PG is debatable, I agree. But my point is that Lowry should have a good year
                  I'd say given the circumstances, Lowry *must* have a good year, for his career's sake.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    Both times Lowry lost his starting gig it was due to injury. He lost it to Jose due to injury and he lost it to Dragic due to injury. Get your facts straight people. Lowry is a quality starting PG and he will prove that yet again this season.
                    Oh Please, Casey HAD to play him. The guy can't run an offence.

Comment

I think this is what makes this year so fascinating. I mentioned elsewhere that the difference between blowing it up and staying the course could be very minimal if Lowry and Gay both decide to leave on their own accord at the end of the year (the difference between roster moves, not results). The league is becoming so clique based that you could see them staying or leaving together. See, as a related/unrelated note, Bill and Jalen's review of OKC which tosses out the idea of KD joining Harder and Dwight in Houston in a couple of years with Westbrook and Love reliving their UCLA days with the Lakers.....tangent ended.
                      It's so tough to handicap when the ball is in Rudy's court. Sign him to a reasonable contract and you've got a top-middle tier SF to help build around. I can't wait to see what Masai does. I hope he has a better read than us

Comment

Apart from Lowry's on court capabilities, could one of the pro Lowry (and I was one at the time of the trade) posters offer an explanation as to why he was out of shape last year when he was joining a new team and needed to establish some leadership bonafides. Now that he is in his last year he has decided (as do most especially those not in the best of condition) to drop weight and possibly add muscle & cardio to have a good season. For me this speaks to character. I am dubious as well that he would subjugate his stats for the team (new contract considerations).

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          I think this is what makes this year so fascinating. I mentioned elsewhere that the difference between blowing it up and staying the course could be very minimal if Lowry and Gay both decide to leave on their own accord at the end of the year (the difference between roster moves, not results). The league is becoming so clique based that you could see them staying or leaving together. See, as a related/unrelated note, Bill and Jalen's review of OKC which tosses out the idea of KD joining Harder and Dwight in Houston in a couple of years with Westbrook and Love reliving their UCLA days with the Lakers.....tangent ended.
                          It's so tough to handicap when the ball is in Rudy's court. Sign him to a reasonable contract and you've got a top-middle tier SF to help build around. I can't wait to see what Masai does. I hope he has a better read than us
                          There is one massive difference - likely anywhere from 5-15 draft spots in a draft that is likely to have multiple franchise talents. It would set the raptors back a year and could lead to lost opportunities to accumulate assets.... No matter how minimal.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Apart from Lowry's on court capabilities, could one of the pro Lowry (and I was one at the time of the trade) posters offer an explanation as to why he was out of shape last year when he was joining a new team and needed to establish some leadership bonafides. Now that he is in his last year he has decided (as do most especially those not in the best of condition) to drop weight and possibly add muscle & cardio to have a good season. For me this speaks to character. I am dubious as well that he would subjugate his stats for the team (new contract considerations).
                            10 thumbs up. Clearly Bendit is my new fav poster here. Thanks for knowing your shit.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              He wasn't out of shape until he came back from injury. He started the season on absolute fire last year. Check out his first 3 games before he got injured in the 4th game. He was starting to get back to form in December before he once again got injured and he never was able to get back in shape. I don't think you should be questioning Lowry's character. By all indications he is an extremely hard worker.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                                Oh Please, Casey HAD to play him. The guy can't run an offence.
                                Agree to disagree then. I think he's clearly shown he can run an offense. He's averaged over 6 assists per game the past 3 seasons and he's had an Ast/TO ratio approaching 3. He's also a fantastic 3pt shooter (37%) and great at getting to the line. He was also top 9 among starting PG's in Pure Point Rating last year. I'm not sure what makes you think he can't run an offence as all the evidence is to the contrary.

Comment

Working...
                                X