Who are you pulling for on the 30th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the mods on this one?

WAAAY too many personal attacks for my liking.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I would love to see 82 ganes of a young, exciting and hard working squad, one that see's JV, DD, And TR turn a big corner, yet somehow cannot manage to win more than 6 games.

Toronto needs Wiggans.

Comment

I will never cheer for the team to lose when there's a shot for them. When they're eliminated from the playoffs, or if they start 4-19, sure blow it up. But I'm not starting a brand new season with a loser's mentality.
        "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

I don't see how the Raptors can get good value for their players while also losing enough to get a high draft pick.

If you want them to get end up with a worse record than Boston with no one hurting their trade value, you should probably just not watch any games this season. I mean, the refs can only fuck them over so many times this year before it becomes suspicious.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

You gotta root for the Raptors once the ball gets thrown up in the air.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
              The irony of asking someone to think logically literally right before appealing to emotion.
              TRX wrote: View Post
              Maybe it's just me, but this may be most, if not all, of the clichés about being a fan rolled into one post.
              Gotta love those that roll around the internet to with the sole purpose of criticizing others while not even making reference to the question asked thread!!

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                You gotta root for the Raptors once the ball gets thrown up in the air.
                Yes but a situation like 2010-11 and 2011-12 could be unfolding where a loss is not such a travesty.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Yes but a situation like 2010-11 and 2011-12 could be unfolding where a loss is not such a travesty.
                  I can understand that point of view... but for me it WILL be a travesty until I see a return on those losses. I'll never jump on the tank bandwagon while it's in progress, but once it's gotten us somewhere I'll have faith in the system.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I think my thoughts on the upcoming Raptors season are well known by now. The losses will not be travesties by any means, but when I plop myself down in front of the TV a few nights a week to watch the games... I will always be rooting for the Raptors to win.

Comment

By the way, I'll be in Toronto this week and have tickets to the home opener. Are there others from the forum who will be in attendance that night?

Comment

I've taken some time to think about this since posting it and "cheer for the raptors" it is. That is not as simple as it seems. Forget all this "they're your team...you're a fan...%$*%*cheer for them!" There's a difference between cheering for them and cheering for them to win. If you favour tanking, and there is a significant number of people on this site who do, you want a loss to boston on the 30th (despite whoever you are "cheering" for).
                        So that said, I'll go with the odds. If we tank, the upside is getting a superstar. Amazing. But the equal (and some may say more probable) outcome is that you get a bust. That would break this franchise. There's is just as good a chance that we get someone as a free agent later on. And when I say "just as good" that's still the same low probability. But we need to keep the franchise going in the right direction. Build forward. Go Raps.

Comment

Working...
                        X