Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember watching your first Raptors game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember watching your first Raptors game?

I actually remember watching it on TV vividly.

It was November 3rd, 1995, and it was the Raptors inaugural game and it was broadcast on CTV. I actually recorded it and still have the tape. The Raptors, of course, beat the Nets.

The ironic thing is I wasn't even a Raptors fan I was a fan of the Vancouver Grizzlies (I live in BC)... I also remember the Grizzlies opened that night (on the road in Portland) and they won as well but the networks elected to broadcast the Raptors game instead of the Grizz game!!! Back then the only dedicated sports channel in Canada was TSN. Sportsnet didn't start for another couple of years.

The Grizz inaugural home game was two days later on Sunday and they beat the T'Wolves with a tip-in at the buzzer....

Here is the first Raptors bucket :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSdopXCbwDs

Not really..

The only thing I remember that my dad took me to the game when I was 7 years old and I'm pretty sure it was VC's second season..

Comment

ofcourse, i was 9 or 10 and we were in Boston for the holidays
      my daddy took me and my younger brother to the garden and we watched my first raptors game vs boston
      cant remember if we won or not
      but honestly i didnt care until i was older
      loool i had alot of difficulty trying to figure out the difference between offence and defense haha
      i used to be dumb child xD
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
        ofcourse, i was 9 or 10 and we were in Boston for the holidays
        my daddy took me and my younger brother to the garden and we watched my first raptors game vs boston
        cant remember if we won or not
        but honestly i didnt care until i was older
        loool i had alot of difficulty trying to figure out the difference between offence and defense haha
        i used to be dumb child xD
        How old are you now?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          How old are you now?
          I know! I know! 14.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            How old are you now?
            LBF wrote: View Post
            I know! I know! 14.
            he beat me too it loool
            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post

he beat me too it loool
              *to
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                *to
                thanks for the grammar lesson, Sir.LBF

when was your first raptors game
                just wonderin....
                Last edited by lilmamba_; Fri Oct 25, 2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Alvin Robertson for three. Remember it clearly. What a happy day in Canadian TV land. Hardly missed a game since, and that means a lot of evenings listening to radio broadcasts on 590 AM.

Comment

That first ever game was a must! I remember them broadcasting games on CityTV and The New VR!!! hahahaha John Saunders was always good... but the Americans always steal the good ones.

First ever game I watched live was Nov 27 '95 vs GSW. I waited at Square One for like 2 hours to get tix to the opener(this is before internet), but they sold out right away. GSW was my original fave team when I first started watching, so I picked that game as my next choice. Tim Hardaway(Senior) and Chris Mullin baby!! Anyways, we sat in section like 503 or something row 3 or 5 l believe. My uncle made us leave early so we could beat traffic, and we beat them!

#WhatchuKnowBoutThemSkydomeGames

Love these nostalgic threads... I'm getting old.

Comment

I remember taking my kids to watch the Raptors play in the Skydome - sitting in the lower bowl looking out on this court with its own stands on the baseball field and the other half of the stadium isn't lit, it's pitch black. It was a very strange feeling. I don't actually remember the game - it was the stadium and how it was setup that stood out. It feels like that was a very long time ago now.
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Dec 23rd 2003 at the ACC vs. Orlando. I went with my father and Orlando won.
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Little black and white 12" television using rabbit ears to tune and watch mighty mouse put the team on his back on every night and closing out games, some wins, mostly losses. Never watched an NBA game before that inaugural year, other than highlights.

Comment

Raptors very first season - preseason game against the Nets. WAY up in the shopper's drugmart seats. I think i still have the medallion they gave us for those seats..Thinking back, they were $25 for the very top section in the dome for a preseason game!!!
                            I also remember being at the opener of the ACC - Feb 21, 1999. My 19th bday - first time getting to legally buy a beer!

Comment

Probably the 07- 08 season. Forget which game because I wasn't really that into basketball, I got bored and started watching a raptors game. After a year or two I got more into it and that's when I started watching basketball for real. Haven't missed a single game since 2010 - 2011. Except for maybe 2 or 3

Comment

Working...
                              X