Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: "DL" thread

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default "DL" thread

    Hey guys... I'm not much of a tech geek, but I do like DLing the odd movie or album. I've only been comfortable using a couple sites, and both have been shut down(the last just on Tuesday).

    So I'm just wondering where you guys get your entertainment from? Feel free to post here or just PM me with a site that you feel is secure, it would be much appreciated.

    Thanks, and go Raps!
    Last edited by Mack North; Sat Oct 26th, 2013 at 01:49 AM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Hey guys... I'm not much of a tech geek, but I do like DLing the odd movie or album. I've only been comfortable using a couple sites, and both have been shut down(the last just on Tuesday).

    So I'm just wondering where you guys get your entertainment from? Feel free to post here or just PM me with a site that you feel is secure, it would be much appreciated.

    Thanks, and go Raps!
    I got one site that will change your entire life. I'll PM you the link
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I got one site that will change your entire life. I'll PM you the link
    I needs my Eastbound & Down... YouTube doesn't have ep. 2 of the new season.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://torrentz.eu/ is a torrent search engine

    usually I use the sites near the bottom of the list. Avoid "thepiratebay" and "kickasstorrents" and you should be alright.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    http://torrentz.eu/ is a torrent search engine

    usually I use the sites near the bottom of the list. Avoid "thepiratebay" and "kickasstorrents" and you should be alright.
    What's wrong with kickass? I've always used it and haven't had issues. I like it because of all the comments, you can compare tons of torrents and pick whichever you prefer

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    http://torrentz.eu/ is a torrent search engine

    usually I use the sites near the bottom of the list. Avoid "thepiratebay" and "kickasstorrents" and you should be alright.
    I've used both for a couple years now and have had no problems.. must be something you're doing.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I've used both for a couple years now and have had no problems.. must be something you're doing.
    Something I'm doing? Like what? Jacking off to illegal beastiality porn while downloading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?

    C'mon, who do you take me for?

    maybe...just maybe... it has something to do with illegally downloading movies of a red-flagged pirate site!

    you're lucky if you haven't already received warning from your internet service provider. I don't know who you're with, but I'm with cogeco and they will shut down my internet connection if I download off those sites.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Something I'm doing? Like what? Jacking off to illegal beastiality porn while downloading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo?

    C'mon, who do you take me for?

    maybe...just maybe... it has something to do with illegally downloading movies of a red-flagged pirate site!

    you're lucky if you haven't already received warning from your internet service provider. I don't know who you're with, but I'm with cogeco and they will shut down my internet connection if I download off those sites.
    lol.

    I'm with cogeco as well. Never gotten warnings or anything.. I dunno
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just get a VPN and you won't have any problems. A VPN can mask your ip address so that the feds/rcmp don't see what ip address is logged into your torrent application. As long as the VPN doesn't also log your ip address you should be fine. Several VPN's out there to choose from that are pretty secure.

    If you do use a VPN make sure you setup a firewall as well so that if the VPN is disconnected while downloading a file your true ip address doesn't get revealed accidentally.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    NOTE: The views in the thread are not shared by Raptors Republic or any of its constiuents.

    Torrenting is bad M'Kay?
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  11. Like LBF liked this post
  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    NOTE: The views in the thread are not shared by Raptors Republic or any of its constiuents.

    Torrenting is bad M'Kay?
    I agree and comply with the viewpoint taken by the administration of Raptors Republic.







    unless we're talking 1080 porn. 1080p changes the entire fapping game completely. illegally download that shit like crazy if you haven't already.

  13. Like isaacthompson, LBF liked this post
  14. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I agree and comply with the viewpoint taken by the administration of Raptors Republic.







    unless we're talking 1080 porn. 1080p changes the entire fapping game completely. illegally download that shit like crazy if you haven't already.

    I agree and comply with this viewpoint completely.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  15. #13
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    I agree and comply with the viewpoint taken by the administration of Raptors Republic.

    unless we're talking 1080 porn. 1080p changes the entire fapping game completely. illegally download that shit like crazy if you haven't already.
    The viewpoints expressed by Heinz are in no way shared by RR or any of its constituents.



    And does seeing every ass-pimple, nipple-hair and cold sore really make it better though? Haha
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The viewpoints expressed by Heinz are in no way shared by RR or any of its constituents.



    And does seeing every ass-pimple, nipple-hair and cold sore really make it better though? Haha
    short answer: in a strange way.... yes.

    long answer: ............ psych... get your finger off the send button on your pre-loaded "heinz vulgarity warning" message

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    and for the record... the long answer would contain such words as "tears", "leakage", and "bruising"

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks fellows. Sorry for puttin it out there Joey, but I did ask anyone to PM me on the down low lol...

    Now I can rest a little easier. KickAss! Maybe you should get off the Cogeco, LBF, cause that one works fine. I always had problems with The PB though.

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Thanks fellows. Sorry for puttin it out there Joey, but I did ask anyone to PM me on the down low lol...

    Now I can rest a little easier. KickAss! Maybe you should get off the Cogeco, LBF, cause that one works fine. I always had problems with The PB though.
    I know it's thepiratebay for sure. I don't remember the last time I downloaded off kickass, I usually use "torrentfunk" or whatever lesser profile site.z
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •