Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most memorable or greatest Raptors regular season game you've watched?

Post Thanks / Like

Donyell Marshall's 12 3's is also pretty memorable.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Rookie kingquack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I always remember when we were about to lose our 3-point streak around the 600 mark a few years ago, and as I was lamenting the loss of one of our greatest team achievements (besides being torched for 81), all of a sudden Derrick Martin kept it alive with a 4th quarter buzzer beater when the game was already long lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8JZ08j0dU (sorry, the only video of it i could find)

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

think you could embed it? ... it doesn't work in europe (though I'm not sure it would help)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sheedw wrote: View Post
    Has to be Kings game from 2001 that went to 3 OT. Crazy shots, back and forth action. Plus Stojakovic & Divac fans were going HAM that night, so there was a real back & forth vibe in the stands
    I was at that game! definitely my favourite Raptor game

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can tell the age of a lot of the posters here - no disrespect! .....But that game against the 72 win Bulls...Maybe the greatest team of all-time.... My gawd, Mighty Mouse took this team on his shoulders. THAT was a game!!!!

6. Like Superjudge, Axel, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Being at the ACC wayyyyyyy back in '99 to watch Carter dunk over Robinson after a sick crossover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeVx3aFRrNA

Raps won 98-92

Carter crushed 39 pts that game.

Those were happy dizzy times for Raps fans....

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    You can tell the age of a lot of the posters here - no disrespect! .....But that game against the 72 win Bulls...Maybe the greatest team of all-time.... My gawd, Mighty Mouse took this team on his shoulders. THAT was a game!!!!
    Watched that one on TV and I have to agree, that was Sweeeeeeet. Only ten teams beat them that year and the Raps were one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote kingquack wrote: View Post
    I always remember when we were about to lose our 3-point streak around the 600 mark a few years ago, and as I was lamenting the loss of one of our greatest team achievements (besides being torched for 81), all of a sudden Derrick Martin kept it alive with a 4th quarter buzzer beater when the game was already long lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8JZ08j0dU (sorry, the only video of it i could find)
    The best thing Derek Martin ever did for the franchise hahaha I remember that
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Craziest thing I ever saw live at a game was sadly a Walter Herrmann alley-oop dunk with the Pistons, or when Noah stuffed Bosh on the game winner in 2008.

Beating the Bulls should be the top game in Raps history. The Legend of Mighty Mouse.

Mo Pete with the OT forcer against the Wizards was insane too.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This was nuts!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote brothersteve wrote: View Post
    October 28, 2009 Home opener vs Cleveland. Raptors beat LeBron James, Shaq & Company 101-91 - I bought floor seats (for my wife's birthday) You would have believed you were at a playoff game - the crowd was that into the game from the tip. (Andrea Bargnani led the team with 28 points - there was hope for him back then)

Playoff games were better - but that was about as good as a regular season game gets - there is something special about Raptors home openers.

I remember talking to Ed Stefanski after he got here - he thought the Dec 26, 2011 home opener vs Cleveland was like a playoff game (poor guy had to watch the Sixers & Nets as an executive prior to coming to Toronto)
    Yup. I remember that game as well. And i believe Bargnani averaged 20+ ppg during that season. He was actually pretty good back then.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2 OT Game vs. Blazers is a favourite of mine. The play where Bosh picks for Parker points to the base line, and then Parker follows down the baseline and gets a dunk - very memorable for me. Also, Roy was playing some clutch basketball and Bosh was going strong too. Lots of big shots.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I was at the Carter vs. Van Exel game when I was a kid. It was so long ago but I remember screaming my head off when he hit that three. Great moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information