Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Raps waive Morais and Wright...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Raps waive Morais and Wright...

No surprise here actually.. Roster is officially at 15.

You think these guys will surface anywhere else in the NBA? I think they both showed they at least deserve at shot at a 12th man.

NBA.com wrote:
    TORONTO (AP) -- The Toronto Raptors waived guard Carlos Morais and forward Chris Wright on Sarturday to trim their roster to 15.

Morais had six points in 21 minutes in three preseason games, and Wright had 10 points and six rebounds in 26 minutes in five outings.

The Raptors will open the regular season Wednesday night at home against Boston.
    Source

Apparently Morais had opportunities when he was younger to go to Europe...too bad he didn't take them. He would have definitely had a chance to make the NBA with a bit of seasoning. I think he's a little too old to make the improvements he needs to make, but who knows? Maybe he can get there. He IS talented. He never looked out of place on the court.

Wright will be a ten day for someone. There's a lot there but Stone has been solid and PG is a position of concern...

Comment

If they want to play in NBA, they'll need to sign with D-League team now.

It's completely their choice, $20k annually from D-League or $20k++ monthly from China or Europe team.

Players like Morais and Wright could find team in Europe easily.

Comment

do what great Raps alumni like Sonny Weems did lol

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          No surprise here actually.. Roster is officially at 15.

You think these guys will surface anywhere else in the NBA? I think they both showed they at least deserve at shot at a 12th man.
          Joey, you forgot this!

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

yawn, who really cares.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

My big concern is whether Stone is or can be healthy enough to contribute to the team. Toronto desperately needs an effective back-up point guard. I would not be surprised to see a trade for someone by early January.

Comment

good its not like they made a difference anyways.
                just sayin......
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Comment

Wait they can hold the DLeague rights for these guys? Does that change anything?
                    As many people on Twitter just informed me up to three players cut from each NBA team before the D-League draft takes place in early November can have their rights controlled by the cutting team's D-League affiliate.
                    Link

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      Wait they can hold the DLeague rights for these guys? Does that change anything?
                      Link
                      That means players can't choose where they want to play this season? They can't go to Europe? This is crazy then, so unfair!!! If it's actually true.. and waived players get drafted by affiliated D-League team, under what contract they'll play? NBA's or D-League's? I hope they get NBA contract, coz otherwise it's so unfair to them.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        That means players can't choose where they want to play this season? They can't go to Europe? This is crazy then, so unfair!!! If it's actually true.. and waived players get drafted by affiliated D-League team, under what contract they'll play? NBA's or D-League's? I hope they get NBA contract, coz otherwise it's so unfair to them.
                        I remember hearing either towards the end of last year or during the offseason (sorry, can't recall source), that there were groups within the NBA and its franchises, that were interested in developing the D-league into a full blown farm system similar to AAA baseball or AHL hockey. That would allow more players to remain in the NBA talent pool and give more meaning to the d-league. I think that would be great and I bet north American born players would prefer that to leaving for overseas leagues.

Comment

damn. his legs look like prostheses to me ((
                          No new friends (c)

Comment

MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
                            damn. his legs look like prostheses to me ((
                            LMAO! I was going to comment about prosthetic legs too!

Comment

Looks like hes brick laying....

Comment

Working...
                              X