X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEEPING IT REAL Wins!! RR NBA Dynasty League - S2

I'll sign my draft picks:
    Alex Len for 5 years
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

RR NBA Dynasty League - S2

Draft date/time: Sunday, October 27, noon EST
    Commissioner: joey_hesketh
    Assistant Commissioner: mcHAPPY

RaptorsRepublic.com Group Page
    League Page - Hosted by Yahoo Sports
    Dynasty Cap Sheet on Dropbox

CBA (Collective Baller Agreement):
    • Standard Yahoo league scoring
    • 15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
    • Year 1 draft will be a live auction featuring both veterans and rookies
    • Year 2 draft and there after will be a live standard draft featuring only rookies.
    • Draft order to be determined later.
    • Draft picks can be traded,
    • Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 40 years. After the draft is complete you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 40 at this point in the off-season.
    • After this point free agency begins. Teams may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.
    • Free agency will use a money system. Each team is given equal FA dollars which they can use to place secret bids on FA's who are currently on waivers. When a player is signed the team must immediately post on the league page or the league thread if it is a multi-season signing. If no mention is made within a one week window of the signing then the signing is deemed a one year deal regardless of cap space.
    • Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap.
      • Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.

• At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft.
      • Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]

Last edited by Joey; Mon Aug 4, 2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Added the cap sheet Link as well. Thanks for doing that Matt.

Comment

Deadline for posting free agent signings - Tuesday, October 29th, 7pm EST

Here is what is on file for your years:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq9nc6s619...pRrDynasty.pdf

Verify!

Remember, free agent signings are due TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29th, 7PM EST!

Any number of years not assigned at that point will be considered 1 year signings.

Post your years in this thread!

Comment

Okay... whoa.. I screwed up.. but I think its back.

Tried to move Coaches post about his years... Ugh.

Comment

Also remember any of your free agent signings can be dropped without affecting your cap of 40 as long as you don't assign years to them.... but deadline is Tuesday at 7pm EST at which point if not assigned it will be automatic 1 year.

The money you spent in free agency, however, is lost.

Comment

My signings:

Andrew Nicholson - 5 years
              Jared Dudley - 1 year
              Corey Brewer - 1 year
              Nate Robinson - 1 year
              Andrea Bargnani - 1 Year

TOTAL CAPUSE - 35 Years

Combined with my $93 Waiver Dollars, I'm quite happy with the flexibility as well as Talent Level on my team.

Good Draft Everyone! Thanks for coming out!!

Comment

I'll be unlocking the teams for Roster Editing shortly.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I'll be unlocking the teams for Roster Editing shortly.
                  Joey....

I think this should be put off for a course of hours... Say 5pm EST???

Whatever you decide email it to the league and post here.

Comment

MWP - 1 year
                    Kosta Koufos - 1 year
                    Dorrell Wright - 1 year

Cap at 29 now.

Will we ever be allowed to extend players under contract already? Like say when they have 1 year left, kinda like RFA status?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                      MWP - 1 year
                      Kosta Koufos - 1 year
                      Dorrell Wright - 1 year

Cap at 29 now.

Will we ever be allowed to extend players under contract already? Like say when they have 1 year left, kinda like RFA status?
                      I'm in favour of discussing some sort of Rule like this.

Now that we've survived our first off-season relatively unscathed, I think discussing minor improvements like this is a good idea.

Comment

I like that idea and would prefer it over the way it's set now. There's more players who'd I want to extend with 1 year left then 0.

Comment

Maybe we can do it where we still have the choice of extending two players, whether it be with 1 or 0 years left.

Comment

To be honest, I like it as it is.

Extend 2 under contract with zero years but on your roster with cap space.
                            Extend 1 rookie you drafted.

However, if we wanted to introduce a RFA or extension type system, and majority were in favour, I could get behind that. I would be in favour as long as it was just one extension per year (ie. just one player with 1 year remaining). Free agency is fun as the draft today showed! $97 for Beverly!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              To be honest, I like it as it is.

Extend 2 under contract with zero years but on your roster with cap space.
                              Extend 1 rookie you drafted.

However, if we wanted to introduce a RFA or extension type system, and majority were in favour, I could get behind that. I would be in favour as long as it was just one extension per year (ie. just one player with 1 year remaining). Free agency is fun as the draft today showed! $97 for Beverly!
                              This is a great point. We don't want to do anything that would diminish the already sparse FA pool.

One of the craziest drafts ('Free Agency' technically) I've ever seen.

Still FUMING about Tobias Harris. I need to have a word with Coastal. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X