Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Crawford would have walked to FA anyway, right? I guess you lose out on being able to bid on him...
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Remember you are eligible to resign 2 of your own players/free agents when they have 0 years left.
      You can resign 1 Draft Pick Extension per year (i.e. you drafted or traded for a player drafted) with 0 years left.

Deadline is September 1st. Post players retained and years in thread. No posting means players go in free agent auction. No posting of years means 1 year contracts for all. mcHAPPY will keep track via this post.

Resigns follow with years in parenthesis:

Axel
      1. Chandler Parsons (5)
      2. Tim Hardaway Jr. (3)
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Noah Vonleh (1)

ceez
      1. Tony Parker (2)
      2. Omer Asik (2)
      DPE. Victor Oladipo (4)
      2014 pick: Dante Exum (5)

DanH
      1. Darren Collison (2) (traded to mcHAPPY)
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Tyler Ennis

Drizz
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Marcus Smart

Fully
      1. Nick Young - (2)
      2. Mario Chalmers - (1)
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Cleanthony Early - (1)

James Ballswin
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: None received

JBML
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Aaron Gordon

Joey
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Elfrid Payton

Keeping It Real
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Zach LaVine

Koncept
      DPE. None.
      2014 pick: Jabari Parker

Mack North
      1. Spencer Hawes (2)
      2. Jordan Crawford (traded to DanH)
      DPE. None
      2014 pick:Joel Embiid (4) & Nik Stauskas (3)

mcHAPPY
      1. Josh McRoberts (4)
      2. Isaiah Thomas (4)
      DPE. Michael Carter-Williams (traded to DanH)
      2014 picks: Doug McDermott (1) & Bruno Caboclo (2)

skywalker
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: None

The Coach
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Andrew Wiggins

Tucas
      1. Trevor Ariza (traded to DanH)
      2. Zach Randolph (3)
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: None

WJF
      1. Goran dragic (4)
      2. Lance Stephenson (3)
      DPE. None
      2014 pick: Julius Randle (3)
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 21, 2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Now that I have traded for Bennett, is he available for me to re-sign in 2 years when his deal is up? Or did he have to be drafted by me?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Now that I have traded for Bennett, is he available for me to re-sign in 2 years when his deal is up? Or did he have to be drafted by me?
          I think you keep his DPE rights, so you can sign him and two other expiring players that year.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Now that I have traded for Bennett, is he available for me to re-sign in 2 years when his deal is up? Or did he have to be drafted by me?
            He qualifies for drafted player extension.

But if you have another player eligible for DPE that year you'll have to choose which gets the drafted player extension. To keep the other you'll need to use one of two resigns or bid in free agency.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              He qualifies for drafted player extension.

But if you have another player eligible for DPE that year you'll have to choose which gets the drafted player extension. To keep the other you'll need to use one of two resigns or bid in free agency.
              Ok, that's what I was hoping you'd say!

Comment

• Team ceez and Dante Exum have agreed to terms on a 5 year deal.

We're looking forward to watching Dante grow into a foundation player and excited about the team's overall future. Exum has asked for Gary Forbes' old number and has been denied.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• When does the yahoo page go back up again?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    When does the yahoo page go back up again?
                    No clue.

But when it does go up I will tidy up rosters pretty darn quick.

Comment

Ok, that's what I was hoping you'd say!
                      Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                        Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]
                        I believe when the player is traded, so are his rights to be re-signed after his rookie deal.

Technically, DanH couldn't re-sign him either because he didn't draft him, the previous owner did.

Comment

I believe when the player is traded, so are his rights to be re-signed after his rookie deal.

Technically, DanH couldn't re-sign him either because he didn't draft him, the previous owner did.
                          Discussion on this earlier in the thread:

Joey wrote: View Post
                          Good question. First part, yes you are correct. Rookie Extension does not count toward a FA Extension.

To the second part, I'd say that if the player was eligible for "Restricted" Free Agency with the previous owner, they would be as well if they were traded. Thats just me though.
                          mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          That is cool.

But 2 things:

1) has to have been drafted in his draft year. For example: lets say Jarnell Stokes or TJ Warren is not drafted in our draft. Someone picks him up and subsequently trades him. He is not eligible for a rookie extension because he was never drafted.

2) only permitted to extend 1 rookie contract player per year. For example: Zach Lavine is drafted by me. I trade for Aaron Gordon. Both are on one year deals. Next summer I can only extend one of them with my rookie extension. If I want to keep the other, I have to use 1 of my 2 own free agent signings.

Cool?
                          No one had any objections at the time.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                            Because when league started in 2012 all rookies went into the original auction.

We did not have a rookie only draft in 2012.

The first rookie only draft was not held until 2013.

Therefore the drafted player extension only became applicable to rookie players selected via our draft who were also in the real nba draft in that draft class (2013 and 2014).

This is a done deal people:

You can't extend anyone unless they are 0 years,

You can extend 2 players per year on your roster with 0 years,

You can extend 1 player per year who qualifies as a DPE,

You can sign and trade but it counts as one of two players resigned for team trading away and rules regarding salary cap must be observed (ie can't break 40).

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Because when league started in 2012 all rookies went into the original auction.

We did not have a rookie only draft in 2012.

The first rookie only draft was not held until 2013.

Therefore the drafted player extension only became applicable to rookie players selected via our draft who were also in the real nba draft in that draft class (2013 and 2014).

This is a done deal people:

You can't extend anyone unless they are 0 years,

You can extend 2 players per year on your roster with 0 years,

You can extend 1 player per year who qualifies as a DPE,

You can sign and trade but it counts as one of two players resigned for team trading away and rules regarding salary cap must be observed (ie can't break 40).
                              And, yes, the DPE designation carries over to new owner when traded.

DPE is only good for one extension. It is our version of RFA and the bird Rights that go along with it.

Comment

• Friendly reminder that re-signings are due Sept 1st. 10 days folks.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X