This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nay

I actually agree with the change but not the timing.

For me it is not about the upcoming draft but about past decisions like drops and trade decisions that were made based on the current rules.

Since this pool is supposedly long term nothing I have seen yet requires immediate action. Slower implementation allows for the fading away of past decisions.

I would wish this for all changes.

I would also think any real life (NBA) changes would take longer than two weeks from discussion to implementation

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
      Nay

I actually agree with the change but not the timing.

For me it is not about the upcoming draft but about past decisions like drops and trade decisions that were made based on the current rules.

Since this pool is supposedly long term nothing I have seen yet requires immediate action. Slower implementation allows for the fading away of past decisions.

I would wish this for all changes.

I would also think any real life (NBA) changes would take longer than two weeks from discussion to implementation
      My sentiments exactly... though you articulated it much better! Hehehe I believe any rule changes should be implemented before any off-season activity.

And I don't mind the proposed rule for the '15-'16 season.

Comment

• I vote in favour of the change.

I've played in fantasy leagues where the unemployed guy in his mother's basement literally gets every hot pick up throughout the season because he's simply able to log on at any point and add him. I think a 1-2 day waiver wire turnaround gives everyone a fair shot to put their bid in while still giving an advantage to those players who are more on the ball and identifying good players to pick up.

But I also think there should be some type of trade off between spending all of your free agency dollars and your options in season for free agents. Under the current system, a team could be capped out, have spent all of their free agent dollars, and still get their pick of every free agent as long as they were the first to get to Yahoo that day. I feel like there should be more incentive/punishment for the way you spend your money in the auction. Just my two cents.
        Last edited by Fully; Sat Sep 6, 2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• I'm also half scared how serious everyone would take this if we were actually playing for money.

Comment

• I've got 8-4.

4 people left.

1 yay makes the change.

Comment

• Still need votes from ceez, The Coach, Ballswin and Keeping it Real.

Comment

• Thought I would go through and edit each team's cap sheet.

**tucas: please don't take offense, just bored, and had a few minutes to kill**

PLEASE CHECK FOR ACCURACY!

AXEL
                Remove: Middleton, Kanter, Zaza, Williams, Hansbrough, Humphries

ceez
                Remove: Landry, Henry, Brand, Diaw

DanH
                Remove: Sessions, Vasquez, Boozer
                Add: 5 years to MCW, 2 years to Ariza, 1 year to Smith, 1 year to Jordan Crawford (place on waived counting against cap), Tyler Ennis (DPE)

drizz
                Remove: Stuckey, Thompson, Prince
                Add: 4 years to Kemba, 1 year to Pierce, 1 year to Marcus Smart (DPE)

Fully
                Remove: Webster, Wright, Bass

Ballswin
                Remove: Allen, Anderson, Frye, Young, West, Mack, Wroten, Prigioni, Carroll

jbml
                Remove; Marshall, Bazemore, Splitter, Green, Jones
                Add: 2 years to Foye, 2 years to Aaron Gordon (DPE)

Joey
                Remove: Barnes, Hamilton, Brewer, Mills, Bargnani
                Add: 2 years to Green, 2 years to Plumlee, 1 year to Elfrid Payton (DPE)

Keeping It Real
                Remove: Collison, Bayless, Hinrich, Bellinelli, Livingston, Stoudemire, Barea
                Add: 2 years to Zach Lavine (DPE), 2 years to Calderon, 1 year to Manu

koncept
                Remove: Andrew Bynum (amensty on overview), Augustin, Bulter, Blair, Blatche, Miles
                Add: 4 years to Jabari Parker (DPE), 3 years to JJ Redick, 2 years to Meeks

mcHAPPY
                Remove: Antic
                Add: DPE to McDermott and Bruno

Mack North
                Remove: ---
                Add; DPE to Embiid, Stauskas, Bennett

skywalkers
                Remove: Davis, Roberts, Sullinger, Teletubby
                Add: 3 years to Afflalo, 3 years to Bradley

The Coach
                Remove: Ridnour, Koufos, AK47
                Add: 5 years to Andrew Wiggins (DPE)

tucas
                Remove: Dieng, Gooden, Allen, Carter, Williams
                Add; ---

WJF
                Remove: Kaman, Mozgov, Varejao, Morris
                Add: DPE to Julius Randle
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Sep 21, 2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Not sure if it's on the dropbox, but I should have Anthony Bennett as DPE as well, as part of my trade with DanH.

Comment

• I'm in favor of the change.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                      I'm in favor of the change.
                      Thanks Coach! That's 9.

Comment

• sup
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Thanks Coach! That's 9.
                          So that's it then?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            So that's it then?
                            Well I asked ceez to read the Dynasty thread, but I guess that never happened ... I'd like everyone to weigh in, but if we don't see anything by end of week, I guess we can close the issue.

Comment

• sorry i thought you got all the yays you needed

throw my vote in for yay
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Take a look at the following. We've tweaked the CBA as we've gone along to make it work. Apollo did a great job getting the framework in place but he couldn't foresee everything that has arisen. I've take the liberty to update based on what we have done thus far. Compare the following to post 2 on page 1 of this thread:

Draft date/time: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 1pm EST
                                Commissioner: Joey
                                Assistant Commissioner: tucas
                                Assistant Commissioner: mcHAPPY
                                RaptorsRepublic.com Group Page
                                League Page - Hosted by Yahoo Sports
                                Dynasty Cap Sheet on Dropbox

CBA (Collective Baller Agreement):
                                • Standard Yahoo league scoring
                                • 15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
                                • Year 1 draft will be a live auction featuring both veterans and rookies
                                • Year 2 draft and there after will be a live standard draft featuring only rookies.
                                • Draft order for lottery (1-8) based on outcome of NBA lottery; draft order for playoff teams (9-16) based on season play. The deadline for draft pick selections will be August 1st.
                                • Draft picks can be traded.
                                • At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster with 0 years remaining to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. Resigned players must be declared and years assigned by September 1st. If players are not declared, any players go in to the free agency pool. If players are declared but years are not, it is assumed the resigning is for 1 year.
                                  • Drafted Player Exception (DPE): You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie with 0 years remaining on contract. [Effective 2013 draft]

• Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 40 years. After the draft is complete and any players are resigned, you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 40 at this point in the off-season.
                                • Free agency will use a money system via the Yahoo! Auction Draft. Each team is given equal FA dollars ($200) which they can use to place bids on FA's. Teams will fill out remaining roster spots via auction and may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.
                                • When a player is signed via free agency or from a waiver pick up, the team must immediately post on the league page or the league thread if it is a multi-season signing. If no mention is made within a one week window of the signing or before the tip off of the regular NBA season for free agents, then the signing is deemed a one year deal regardless of cap space.
                                • Waivers will be done through FAAB with Continual Rolling Tiebreak List. Starting in the 2014-15 season, waivers will be in continuous mode with waivers processed on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The money bid for waivers is the same money used in free agency. For example, if a team uses $120 in free agency, that team will have $80 left for waiver claims during the season. If a team has used all $200 in free agency and/or waiver claims, they will only be able to add/drop if no other team has a claim in for a claimed player. If two or more owners with $0 remaining have bids in for a player, the Continual Rolling Tiebreak List will determine who gets the player.
                                • If a player is waived with more than 1 year remaining on his contract, any team placing a bid must have enough cap space to absorb the waiver. For example, if Player X is waived with 3 years remaining on his contract, a team must have no more than 37 years of cap space assigned to make a waiver claim.
                                • No player added to a team via waivers while over the salary cap is eligible for an extension.
                                • Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap - unless the player is picked up off the first waiver.
                                  • Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.

If anything is missing or incorrect, please advise.
                                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Sep 29, 2014, 06:21 PM. Reason: unless the player is picked up off the first waiver

Comment

Working...
                                X