This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Since I wasn't in the league last year, I can't speak of what was done last year. That said, I can't see any reason why there would be any restriction on re-signing players beyond the current rules (2 + 1 drafted rookie and under the cap).
    I agree plus what are the chances a player who's been a FA in our league all season manages to emerge in the final 4 weeks to the point where he is considered resignable. Seems like a non-issue to me.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      How did we handle add/drops in the playoffs last year?

Are players added in the playoffs eligible to be 'resigned' as per 2 players permitted? (assuming added when below the salary cap of course)
      Good Question. Not entirely sure on this one.

Axel wrote: View Post
      Since I wasn't in the league last year, I can't speak of what was done last year. That said, I can't see any reason why there would be any restriction on re-signing players beyond the current rules (2 + 1 drafted rookie and under the cap).
      Well the reason would be that in real life, teams that sign players during the playoffs/later in the season, wouldn't be granted the Bird rights necessary in real life to make such a re-signing. I don't think anyway.
      After a certain point I think it makes sense to restrict some of those signings. Especially in the playoffs. Thats just my vote though. But we already have a system where guys can sign 3 new players a week, if they want too, with no real consequence, so perhaps I'm just being too hard.

tucas wrote: View Post
      I agree plus what are the chances a player who's been a FA in our league all season manages to emerge in the final 4 weeks to the point where he is considered resignable. Seems like a non-issue to me.
      People will be making drops in order to sign these players. Who knows what calibre of player could be dropped, and I'm pretty sure if you're elimnated/not in the playoffs, you can't sign players. So only some people would have access to that pool.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 11, 2014, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• I understand the real life rules, just don't see how they apply to us. Real life rules are due to late season contract buy-outs to vets. I just don't see what players would suddenly become available in our league.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I understand the real life rules, just don't see how they apply to us. Real life rules are due to late season contract buy-outs to vets. I just don't see what players would suddenly become available in our league.
          1: The goal of this league was to create something as close to real life as possible, with real strategies, real book keeping, and some sort of consistency in terms of line-up. That's why I feel it applies to us.

2: And if there isn't going to be anyone of note to sign, then it shouldn't be a big deal if we restrict these signings to "Unrestricted" status?

Once again, just my vote.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            1: The goal of this league was to create something as close to real life as possible, with real strategies, real book keeping, and some sort of consistency in terms of line-up. That's why I feel it applies to us.

2: And if there isn't going to be anyone of note to sign, then it shouldn't be a big deal if we restrict these signings to "Unrestricted" status?

Once again, just my vote.
            Fair enough. I honestly don't care which way the rule decides because, as Tucas pointed out, very unlikely that there is a player of substance there.

That said, there is a point where having too many rules is a problem. Remember, we have to recruit (2?) new owners, and as someone who joined this year (and read the 34 pages from last year) it is A LOT to take in. A bit of brevity might be worth it, but whatever the powers that be decide, I'm cool with.

Side note: Perhaps a FAQ sheet needs to be created for new members

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

That said, there is a point where having too many rules is a problem. Remember, we have to recruit (2?) new owners, and as someone who joined this year (and read the 34 pages from last year) it is A LOT to take in. A bit of brevity might be worth it, but whatever the powers that be decide, I'm cool with.
              Why do we have to recruit 2 new owners? Kadazzle has been the only question-mark, and he sort of cleared that up for us.
              Not sure who else was planning on leaving? You Axel?! Lol

I can appreciate that it IS a lot to take in, but if its too much for people then they can join a public league. Not to sound like a dick, but the point of this league was to be complex, and restrictive. I also think current owners are pretty happy with the complexities of this League. Keeps it interesting!
              And I don't think its that complicated, to be honest. But if it is, people can always ask here, as Matt has, if there are any questions.

Axel wrote:
              Side note: Perhaps a FAQ sheet needs to be created for new members
              I'm not planning, nor am I expecting, on having any new members this offseason. If I had my way, we wouldn't have any turnover in Management from season to season. That being said, if you wanted to take the lead on that and put something together, that'd be awesome! I think the summary that Matt put together recently is pretty definitive though.
              Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 11, 2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• I thought we had 2 guys as question marks and that you reached out to the "waiting list".

So that is not an issue now? Good.

I agree, no turn-over is the ideal, but who was expecting Apollo or Softeuro is jump ship? Being ready isn't a bad thing.

and no, you can't get rid of me that easy Joey.

Comment

• My personal opinion is:

Once playoffs start no added players should be eligible for resigning as a free agent.

Only reason for this is to try and keep dynasty league as real as possible and hopefully it will add to free agent list.

Remember the auction draft for this season? One of the highlights of my fantasy career! Fun times.

Comment

My personal opinion is:

Once playoffs start no added players should be eligible for resigning as a free agent.

Only reason for this is to try and keep dynasty league as real as possible and hopefully it will add to free agent list.

Remember the auction draft for this season? One of the highlights of my fantasy career! Fun times.
                    The auction draft was awesome. I am forever going to remember my bidding war for Patrick Beverly and can't wait to see what C (or is it D?) list guys we are fighting over next year.

Comment

The auction draft was awesome. I am forever going to remember my bidding war for Patrick Beverly and can't wait to see what C (or is it D?) list guys we are fighting over next year.
                      Tobias Harris $138!

Isaiah Thomas $87!

There were more awesome bids too.

It really was awesome.

Comment

• Hey Tucas,

If I win this week (up 8-1 is a nice start), and jbml doesn't win (currently losing 5-4), then we get to play each other in the first round

Won't that be fun

Comment

Hey Tucas,

If I win this week (up 8-1 is a nice start), and jbml doesn't win (currently losing 5-4), then we get to play each other in the first round

Won't that be fun
                          Let's not get ahead of ourselves were 2 days in.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            Let's not get ahead of ourselves were 2 days in.
                            haha, that's 30%!!

Comment

How did we handle add/drops in the playoffs last year?

Are players added in the playoffs eligible to be 'resigned' as per 2 players permitted? (assuming added when below the salary cap of course)
                              I do not believe there was any such restriction last year

I do believe any talk of rule changes should not be done at this stage of the season

Comment

Weird... I heard them talking about Beverly on the radio this morning and I got to remembering the draft. I think he went for like $91? Or was it much more than that?

Comment

Working...
                                X