This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    In the grand scheme of things I don't think it really matters if we go as soon as playoffs end or later due to the hardcap of 40 years.
    I think it does matter for 2 reasons.
    1. We need to know what players on our roster are movable (still under contract) and what their cap hit is.
    2. We need to know how much cap space we have to ensure both teams can come in under the cap after any trade.

I have 9 players on expiring deals, two of which will be re-signed by Sept 1st. Are the other 7 in play for off-season trades or not?
    If contracts change immediately after the playoffs, then the answer is no, and all these players are in transactional limbo until re-signs are declared and rest "waived".
    If the contracts change at a later date, then all are potentially in play for trades. Perhaps someone is looking for an upgrade for their 2nd re-sign player and a deal is there to be made.

I'm not sure which method would best fit with the dynasty scheme of NBA emulation. I'm just making sure I know all of my options.

I thought trading away D Wade would put me deeper into the lottery (I think I was 10th or 11th at the time of the trade), but instead I climbed into 8th and now get to face Wade (Matt) in what I hope to be an exciting series. So my roster plans have worked out "better" than I had expected.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Standings based on win %:

1. Matt52 (18-2, .900)
      2. TEAM BALLSWIN (15-5, .750)
      3. Tucas TuneSquad (14-6, .700)
      4. Fully (13-6-1, .675)
      5. Keeping it Real !! (13-7, .650)
      6. jbml (11-8-1, .575)
      7. Mack North (11-8-1, .575)
      8. Axel (11-9, .550)
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Any Idea why Tucas finished ahead of Balls

On Yahoo I finished 6th and Balls finished 3rd Behind Tucas

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
        Any Idea why Tucas finished ahead of Balls

On Yahoo I finished 6th and Balls finished 3rd Behind Tucas
        Yahoo is applying the division winner (Tucas) as 2nd, even though Ballswin had the better winning %.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Remember when i made the playoffs? yea that was cool lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Yahoo is applying the division winner (Tucas) as 2nd, even though Ballswin had the better winning %.
            I applied playoff team draft picks as done in nba..... Win percentage.

Comment

• And just like that, my playoff dreams are likely over. After an opening night lead, Matt has taken the lead that will be hard pressed to recover since Matt has 7 more "man games" than me this week. Unless of course the fragile Wade I traded him gets hurt!!! Let's go resting old guys!!!

Comment

And just like that, my playoff dreams are likely over. After an opening night lead, Matt has taken the lead that will be hard pressed to recover since Matt has 7 more "man games" than me this week. Unless of course the fragile Wade I traded him gets hurt!!! Let's go resting old guys!!!
                I'm pretty sure you can write off that NO game on Saturday.

Wade has been nothing short of a valiant warrior on my watch. He has put up some big numbers. I just hope you don't draft a franchise talent at 16!

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can write off that NO game on Saturday.

Wade has been nothing short of a valiant warrior on my watch. He has put up some big numbers. I just hope you don't draft a franchise talent at 16!
                  Yeah, but that still leaves a 6 game advantage to you. Wade performed very well this year, but he simply wasn't a guy I wanted and would never have drafted him (disadvantage of taking over from Vykis).

Franchise talent at 16, in this draft, certainly sounds plausible, at least for fantasy purposes. It's funny how it all went down, I traded Wade to you for your draft pick (as you chose to keep Tucas's pick). I then beat Tucas in the last week, to improve your draft pick from him to 14th and then get the privilege of losing to you in the first round while contemplating what to do with your 16th pick. If only I had managed to get the Tucas pick, that would have made beating him all the more sweeter, as it really looks like it will just be a moral victory.

Comment

Yeah, but that still leaves a 6 game advantage to you. Wade performed very well this year, but he simply wasn't a guy I wanted and would never have drafted him (disadvantage of taking over from Vykis).

Franchise talent at 16, in this draft, certainly sounds plausible, at least for fantasy purposes. It's funny how it all went down, I traded Wade to you for your draft pick (as you chose to keep Tucas's pick). I then beat Tucas in the last week, to improve your draft pick from him to 14th and then get the privilege of losing to you in the first round while contemplating what to do with your 16th pick. If only I had managed to get the Tucas pick, that would have made beating him all the more sweeter, as it really looks like it will just be a moral victory.
                    You're not letting that go eh? Next time I'll set my lineups.

Comment

The week is far from over - especially after last night.

I was down 6-0 on Wednesday a week or two ago - came back and won.

I'm nervous for what it is worth. My FG% is brutal this week and steals are not where they usually are.

Comment

• Ok, just for my dumbass:

1. I can only sign 2 FA's with 1 year left as of right now; does that change to guys I have with 2 years left(as of now)once the off-season begins?
                        For instance: I have Brook Lopez and Tyreke Evans standing at 2 years right now. Can I re-sign either one, or both this off-season? Or is it strictly with players at 1 year right now?

2. Also, for a rookie I drafted in our first draft, ie. Drummond, can I re-sign this off-season even though he's at 2 years right now?

I guess it's the same question, I just need to clarify before I head into my off-season... before I planned I may add... Tucas.*Looking at you* Way to pummel a guy when he's down! lol No, really... You're killin' me!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Ok, just for my dumbass:

1. I can only sign 2 FA's with 1 year left as of right now; does that change to guys I have with 2 years left(as of now)once the off-season begins?
                          For instance: I have Brook Lopez and Tyreke Evans standing at 2 years right now. Can I re-sign either one, or both this off-season? Or is it strictly with players at 1 year right now?

2. Also, for a rookie I drafted in our first draft, ie. Drummond, can I re-sign this off-season even though he's at 2 years right now?

I guess it's the same question, I just need to clarify before I head into my off-season... before I planned I may add... Tucas.*Looking at you* Way to pummel a guy when he's down! lol No, really... You're killin' me!
                          1. You can only resign guys who have expired (i.e. all the guys changing from 1 year this season to 0 years post season). You cannot do extensions (i.e. all the guys changing from 2 years this season to 1 year post season). So it is strictly players at 1 year right now who you can resign.

2. From our CBA:
                          Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]
                          The 2012 drafted players were in the original auction draft we held. They were not included as eligible to be resigned. Anyone you drafted in 2013 is, however. If you had 2 draft picks in 2013 then you would have to choose 1 of them; if you wish to resign the 2nd you'd have to use one of your two available resignings.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Mar 21, 2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            You're not letting that go eh? Next time I'll set my lineups.
                            haha, it might be the highlight of my season. There haven't been many so I got to take what I can!

Comment

The week is far from over - especially after last night.

I was down 6-0 on Wednesday a week or two ago - came back and won.

I'm nervous for what it is worth. My FG% is brutal this week and steals are not where they usually are.
                              I'm confident in the %'s and turnovers, but with your extra games, it will be really tough to pull out 2 more categories (FG%, FT%, TO + 2 more = 5-4 win). Rebounds would seem to be my best chance thanks to my Griffin-Love combo. If Hansbrough can get some extra PT with JV hurting, then that could help me a lot. I've got a slight edge in 3's right now but I'm not confident it will hold.

Comment

I'm confident in the %'s and turnovers, but with your extra games, it will be really tough to pull out 2 more categories (FG%, FT%, TO + 2 more = 5-4 win). Rebounds would seem to be my best chance thanks to my Griffin-Love combo. If Hansbrough can get some extra PT with JV hurting, then that could help me a lot. I've got a slight edge in 3's right now but I'm not confident it will hold.
                                And you have a 10 steal lead.

I am not confident.

It is going to come down to 3's and you've got some guys on fire right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X