X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    And you have a 10 steal lead.

I am not confident.

It is going to come down to 3's and you've got some guys on fire right now.
    Here's hoping you are right
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

And you have a 10 steal lead.

I am not confident.

It is going to come down to 3's and you've got some guys on fire right now.
      7 guys going for each of us today. Some very tight categories. I'm excited to see how this goes down!

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• And I still don't believe it. Good series Matt.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          And I still don't believe it. Good series Matt.
          Unreal. Congrats a HELL of a season Matt.

Congrats on a HELL of win, Axel.

Comment

And I still don't believe it. Good series Matt.
            Believe it brother.

I had won a number of very close weeks this season.

My luck was due to run out.

I certainly tried all I could with the addition of Jefferson, Mack, and Fournier over the weekend. Mack and Antic not even hitting a single 3 yesterday was the nail in the coffin.

But anyways, I'm surprised how good the team was this year - very similar to the Raptors!

Looking forward to August 1st, September 1st, and of course our free agency/auction draft.

Great season everyone..... including you, Axel - lol
            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Mar 24, 2014, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Very sad to announce the release of Tyler Hansbrough from Team Axel. His inconsistent minutes even with Patterson out and JV hurting was baffling and ultimately led to the decision to release the only Raptor on the roster.

Pleased to announce the signing of former Raptor Ed Davis, who will be taking Hansbrough's spot in the lineup this week as we battle in the semi-finals.

Comment

• I'm rooting for my boy Keeping It Real!! Took over Lil Romeo's team last season and made a few key moves. Look at him go!

Could be a 5-6 final at this point, regular season doesn't mean much!

Comment

1. You can only resign guys who have expired (i.e. all the guys changing from 1 year this season to 0 years post season). You cannot do extensions (i.e. all the guys changing from 2 years this season to 1 year post season). So it is strictly players at 1 year right now who you can resign.

2. From our CBA:

The 2012 drafted players were in the original auction draft we held. They were not included as eligible to be resigned. Anyone you drafted in 2013 is, however. If you had 2 draft picks in 2013 then you would have to choose 1 of them; if you wish to resign the 2nd you'd have to use one of your two available resignings.
                  Ok, so, as per no.2;... I can still extend Trey Burke who has 2 years left, because I drafted him as a rookie last year?

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Ok, so, as per no.2;... I can still extend Trey Burke who has 2 years left, because I drafted him as a rookie last year?
                    That is how I interpreted it.

Olynk was signed for 2 years as well on my club. There was no intention or thought that I would lose the right to re-sign him.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                      That is how I interpreted it.

Olynk was signed for 2 years as well on my club. There was no intention or thought that I would lose the right to re-sign him.
                      My interpretation is that since you assigned him a # of years beyond 1 already, that counts as your re-sign. If you had drafted him and just taken the 1 year, you could then have extended him at this point.

If that is correct, then it doesn't really make sense to assign years to your draft pick until after his rookie season, that way you get a 1 year cheap deal (rookie scale?) and can then assign years based on production rather than projection. Conversely, if you have multiple picks, you can only carry one forward with 1 year and have to assign multi-years deal to the other

Comment

My interpretation is that since you assigned him a # of years beyond 1 already, that counts as your re-sign. If you had drafted him and just taken the 1 year, you could then have extended him at this point.

If that is correct, then it doesn't really make sense to assign years to your draft pick until after his rookie season, that way you get a 1 year cheap deal (rookie scale?) and can then assign years based on production rather than projection. Conversely, if you have multiple picks, you can only carry one forward with 1 year and have to assign multi-years deal to the other
                        You can extend him as a Rookie when his contract expires.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          You can extend him as a Rookie when his contract expires.
                          So is that different than what I said?

Draft him, hold him at on 1 year deal, then re-sign him (as a rookie) after the season and you can see what he's really worth. I assume the rookie extension can be completed during the off-season along with the 2 re-signs?

Comment

So is that different than what I said?

Draft him, hold him at on 1 year deal, then re-sign him (as a rookie) after the season and you can see what he's really worth. I assume the rookie extension can be completed during the off-season along with the 2 re-signs?
                            Kind of different. Because you can, if you wanted, sign him to a 3 or 4 year rookie deal, and then resign him separately from your 2 regulars. That was my interpretation anyway. Matt?

Comment

Originally, that was not my interpretation.

However after reading the CBA a few times then, yes, I would say you can extend him when he expires. But if you have another player that you drafted expiring at the same time as, in this case Burke, you will only be able to extend one of them.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Kind of different. Because you can, if you wanted, sign him to a 3 or 4 year rookie deal, and then resign him separately from your 2 regulars. That was my interpretation anyway. Matt?
                                Ok, but in practice, does it make any sense to sign him to a longer deal until you see what you've got?

Unless you have multiple draft picks, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to signing him to a longer deal right away. You are taking a risk (fantasy production from a rookie is very difficult to predict) and using up cap space that could be used elsewhere that season (you could sign and release 3 players for the same price as a 4 year rookie deal). By giving him the default 1 year, you can wait to see how well they do, how well they fit on their team, and what you cap situation looks like at the end of the season (if you make trades, you may want to set a different cap # to help balance out your expiring deals), all while giving yourself more cap space for the season to use in other moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X