X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out for 5 days guys!

Draft is done.

Will wait until the night of the 1st.

if nothing received from Ballswin (#15) by 8pm EST, I will post.

Just have to copy and paste on my phone.

*EDIT* If another trade happens involving draft picks that shakes up draft order then it will have to wait until Sunday! Sorry about that. Can only do so much on an iPhone with horrible reception at the cottage.

Comment

• I'm starting to question Dans motives ... LOL That last one makes no sense.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I'm starting to question Dans motives ... LOL That last one makes no sense.
        My ranking system places MCW way more valuable than Johnson or Collison (almost worth the two combined - each are barely above bench level players in my system). And rookies are untrustworthy in terms of immediate production, so I was willing to give up the 4th for the talent upgrade, while moving up from the very bottom of the draft with my other pick (which I just picked up in another deal swapping a bench level player for another bench player, while shedding salary).

I hesitated more on the Thompson move than this last one, personally.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wife in grocery store - lol

It was a tough deal for me to make. I'm a big fan of mcw in fantasy.

But check collisions starting PG numbers and I'm hoping he returns to that. JJ is likely better than what I'll get in FA auction.

The picks are dicey but I feel confident in my scouting abilities

Plus I head into FA with 14 men on roster. Basically whoever I want in FA will be mine unless someone opens bid at $200

Comment

• And for those who think what I'm doing makes no sense - get your offers in now before the crazy runs out! Limited time offer!
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd like to thank Dan for joining the league all in from day 1. These past few days have been quite exciting thanks in part to your roster moves.

Ceez will have to step it up Gary Forbes for your future first?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• When do our roster re-signings due? And we can only sign two players plus our rookie (if they are up) is that right?
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  When do our roster re-signings due? And we can only sign two players plus our rookie (if they are up) is that right?
                  Re-signings are done for Sept 1st, I believe. And I believe you are correct on the number of re-signings.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Re-signings are done for Sept 1st, I believe. And I believe you are correct on the number of re-signings.
                    Bingo.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      When do our roster re-signings due? And we can only sign two players plus our rookie (if they are up) is that right?
                      Pretty sure you can extend any rookie you drafted last season regardless of how many years he has left, no?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I understand better what you were saying. I think there were a couple of people in the same boat and all bit the bullet.

I don't believe the original intent was to be able to sign a rookie early despite the wording.
                        Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Pretty sure you can extend any rookie you drafted last season regardless of how many years he has left, no?
                        I think it is supposed to be when their contract expires.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Some clarification if that is OK: the two re-signings you can do each off-season. Do the player's contracts have to be down to 0 years remaining, or can you extend a guy who has 1 year or more remaining on his contract?

i.e. If I have 4 guys with 1 year left, and want to re-sign all of them, could I extend two this summer, then next summer re-sign the other two? Or am I doomed to let two of them walk to free agency (and the bidding auction)?
                          mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          You're doomed to let them walk in to free agency.

You can only extend with 0 years remaining.
                          jbml wrote: View Post
                          At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft.
                          Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]
                          I gave Olynk 2 years.

I interpreted re-sign to be referring to an expired contract
                          and extend as to extending an existing contract.

Would that not be consistent with the NBA collective agreement.
                          My 2 cents
                          mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          This is a topic that has been debated a few times.

In the end on those occasions it was decided we can only extend players when their contract is up.

Reasons included:
                          - majority originally interpreted that way and planned
                          - create more strategy
                          - difficult decisions to be made in event of poor planning
                          - make free agency more interesting with more difference maker players available.

That is off top of my head. Debates are all there in the old threads.

I think extensions should only be given to players who contracts are up. Again it has been discussed 2-3 times at least and each time it was agreed to keep it at 2 players expired on your roster last season and 1 rookie.

With regards to rookie "extensions" same deal as discussed in past contract must be up to give them new years. Comes back to strategy.
                          The discussion from earlier in the post.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The wait is the hardest part.

Ready to start seeing how my roster all fits. Wonder if Wiggins will fall to #9

Comment

• 2014 RR Dynasty nba draft!!!!!!

Stay tuned!

Comment

• Jesus Christ......

I wish commission Joey would get off the stage....

We get it man.... Rr dynasty is amazing league.

And another commercial break

Comment

Working...
                                X