Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem. Just trying to get some clarification. Thanks guys.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      I agree, the talent in free agency this year was weak(Tobias Harris would've gone for $200 had the bidding kept going, not to mention Patrick Beverley). To take away from that even more takes a lot away from the league. I see no problem in the way things are now.
      Mr. $97 Beverley is now a celebrity within the RR. The FA-draft was epic because we were fighting for lesser parts.

The current rules is how strategies were formed, changing now would be counter-productive.

The FA-draft will also improve a bit as years go on as more owners are forced to only choose 2 of their 3/4 expiring guys they want.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• signed kosta koufos to a 1 year contract. 35 years total

Comment

• I'm in need of a SF but have a few PF's kicking around.

Comment

• Glen Davis 1 year - 36 years ... now i'll stop lol

I cut Thomas Robinson, but he still had a few years left.. wish i amnestied him earlier.. oh well lol

Comment

• With Rose's injury and a 1-3 start, I am heading toward a rebuild. I am looking for youth and picks for my top players. Big Val is untouchable at this point.
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

• I'm looking for a top 5 power forward. I have a plethora of top 100 players this season, so I'm looking to trade a combination of players for a top PF.

Comment

• A question for all: What are the chances we can implement an IR spot for a guy that gets injured? Thankfully I don't have one yet, but if a guy goes down for the whole season, the owner loses out on a spot for the rest of that season, ie. The Coach

I'm not sure how it works in basketball, as I'm more familiar with the baseball workings. Would it work for a guy who is injured for just a few games, or would it have to be for a guy who is injured for an extended period of time?

Just throwing it out there, but I would suggest any player that is signed to replace an injured player cannot be re-signed or retained, at all, once the original players comes back from injury and is thrown back into the FA pool at the end of the season(or shorter time-frame). The point of this would be to help those who are riddled with the injury bug.(I am, it's early, it's annoying!!)

Just some food for thought guys, let's hear what you think!

P.S. If we already have one, then I'm an idiot...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    A question for all: What are the chances we can implement an IR spot for a guy that gets injured?
                    It's definitely something to think about, as pretty much every team will experience the injury bug to some degree. Obviously some worst than others. Here are my thoughts:

(if you want the short version of my thoughts skip this and go to the bottom lol)

1.) It sounds like you are saying that if i pick up a player and put my injured player on IR, the player i picked up MUST be released when the injured player is healthy again. Kinda makes sense but what if i picked up a player like Terrence Jones for an injured guy on my team like JaVale McGee... when McGee is healthy, what if i LOVE what TJones is giving me and want to stick with him? is that not an option?

2.) Does not having an IR spot simply make our game a little more exciting? What i mean is that if I have an IR spot to fall back on, i really don't need to make any tough decisions like 'do i drop this player even though he 'may' be out the rest of the season', and 'what is his potential keeper value for next season?' and 'do i drop this star player for the hot waiver wire add HOPING i can gain enough momentum to make the playoffs?' etc.

3.) Injuries are a real part of the game and when injuries happen to key players, they sometimes end up in the lottery. So in my thinking, if you're team is banged up, it sets you up to know who you are. You're a seller, who's looking for young talent and picks (like Coach is doing). It's a full on rebuild. Which is especially cool in a Dynasty type league.

The Keeper league hasn't had an IR spot, and i think i would be more open to seeing one there before seeing one here in Dynasty with the complications of cap space, etc.

(yes, this is it, the bottom.... this is where you find strictly the conclusion of the issue : ) )

I'm not a fan of the IR spot in our league. That said, I'm open to discussion and debate concerning the issue.

Comment

A question for all: What are the chances we can implement an IR spot for a guy that gets injured? Thankfully I don't have one yet, but if a guy goes down for the whole season, the owner loses out on a spot for the rest of that season, ie. The Coach

I'm not sure how it works in basketball, as I'm more familiar with the baseball workings. Would it work for a guy who is injured for just a few games, or would it have to be for a guy who is injured for an extended period of time?

Just throwing it out there, but I would suggest any player that is signed to replace an injured player cannot be re-signed or retained, at all, once the original players comes back from injury and is thrown back into the FA pool at the end of the season(or shorter time-frame). The point of this would be to help those who are riddled with the injury bug.(I am, it's early, it's annoying!!)

What's the NBA's ruling on long term injury? I think I asked this last year, with Rose out as well.
                      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                      ― John Wooden

Comment

• I waived Udoh (1 year on salary) and picked up Chase Budinger (who I will sign for 2 years). I am assuming the rest of this year counts as 1 whole year. Is this correct?

I also waived Kaman (1 year) and picked up Beasley for 2 years.

I think this brings me to 37 years. Let me know if I am doing this correct... last year I didn't use the waiver wire at all.
                        ― John Wooden

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                          It's definitely something to think about, as pretty much every team will experience the injury bug to some degree. Obviously some worst than others. Here are my thoughts:

(if you want the short version of my thoughts skip this and go to the bottom lol)

1.) It sounds like you are saying that if i pick up a player and put my injured player on IR, the player i picked up MUST be released when the injured player is healthy again. Kinda makes sense but what if i picked up a player like Terrence Jones for an injured guy on my team like JaVale McGee... when McGee is healthy, what if i LOVE what TJones is giving me and want to stick with him? is that not an option?

2.) Does not having an IR spot simply make our game a little more exciting? What i mean is that if I have an IR spot to fall back on, i really don't need to make any tough decisions like 'do i drop this player even though he 'may' be out the rest of the season', and 'what is his potential keeper value for next season?' and 'do i drop this star player for the hot waiver wire add HOPING i can gain enough momentum to make the playoffs?' etc.

3.) Injuries are a real part of the game and when injuries happen to key players, they sometimes end up in the lottery. So in my thinking, if you're team is banged up, it sets you up to know who you are. You're a seller, who's looking for young talent and picks (like Coach is doing). It's a full on rebuild. Which is especially cool in a Dynasty type league.

The Keeper league hasn't had an IR spot, and i think i would be more open to seeing one there before seeing one here in Dynasty with the complications of cap space, etc.

(yes, this is it, the bottom.... this is where you find strictly the conclusion of the issue : ) )

I'm not a fan of the IR spot in our league. That said, I'm open to discussion and debate concerning the issue.
                          I have no problem continuing with what we're doing now either. Just throwing out ideas to see what people want.

I just know that when you have a team with multiple injuries, it's really tough to compete on a week-to-week basis, which makes it a little disheartening to a fantasy owner.

I would only propose this rule for a player that has been determined "Out for the season". I get what you're saying about the whole cap thing though, cause it could get a little tricky ie. you wanna drop the player you picked up for your injured guy. Your point about keeping the player in your T. Jones reference is also a good one. I may have gotten ahead of myself on this one, as I'm dealing with a tonne of injuries myself now(early as it is)!

This is, hands down, my favorite fantasy league I've played in for any sport. I plan on being an active owner for many years to come so I don't mind throwing ideas out there.

Comment

• Cap Sheets

Updated Cap Sheets! Please read and confirm.
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/qobm9yo3u1...20Overview.pdf
                            Please note that an asterisk next to a players name notes that you cannot resign them in the offseason as you signed them after exceeding the cap.

Comment

A question for all: What are the chances we can implement an IR spot for a guy that gets injured? Thankfully I don't have one yet, but if a guy goes down for the whole season, the owner loses out on a spot for the rest of that season, ie. The Coach

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              I have no problem continuing with what we're doing now either. Just throwing out ideas to see what people want.

I just know that when you have a team with multiple injuries, it's really tough to compete on a week-to-week basis, which makes it a little disheartening to a fantasy owner.

I would only propose this rule for a player that has been determined "Out for the season". I get what you're saying about the whole cap thing though, cause it could get a little tricky ie. you wanna drop the player you picked up for your injured guy. Your point about keeping the player in your T. Jones reference is also a good one. I may have gotten ahead of myself on this one, as I'm dealing with a tonne of injuries myself now(early as it is)!

This is, hands down, my favorite fantasy league I've played in for any sport. I plan on being an active owner for many years to come so I don't mind throwing ideas out there.
                              Sorry for the delay on this response guys .. I'm certainly open to the discussion, but I'm not sure its in the best interest of this league to do something like that. The only thing I could think of is if a player is so badly injured that they have to retire (ala Brandon Roy) otherwise, its just part of Fantasty to suck it up for a season, or drop the guy.
                              I remember in keeper, I drafted Horford and he went out with a Pec injury after like 3 games. Was out the entire season. Still stashed him on the bench. Kept him. Flipped him into Anthony Davis.
                              So there always a bright side to a shitty, injury plagued season. *cough*Andrew Wiggins*cough*

Comment

• Closest matchup so far? 5-4 due to a .0005 advantage if FG%. Pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X