This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off season:

Been thinking about last year and the absolute clusterf*ck it was starting up the year. Thought I'd throw some suggestions out there to ensure we don't have the same level of confusion. Feedback is appreciated and this is hardly a binding 'document'.

1) Draft

Lets try to do it around the real draft. I'm thinking do it the same as last year: private message or email me your top X picks where X = your selection number. For example, if tucas is picking 15th he should send me his top 15 choices. The difference between this year and last year is you need to get your picks to me by the end of the draft real draft. The next morning I'll go through and post the RR Dynasty League draft.

2) Trades

Trades can go ahead during the off season. You would need to post anything here so we have a record of it and can make changes as soon as Yahoo! is open for 'business' on the 2014-15 season.

3) Resignings

As per our CBA, you can resign a rookie you drafted and 2 of your own free agents. You need to declare this by July 1st as well as the number of years you are signing them for. You can do this any time the season ends by the way, just July 1st offers a deadline that works with the start of real FA.

4) Free Agency

Same as last year, we'll use the auction draft system ($200 for everyone which will also be your waiver wire budget) and it will be two Sunday's before tip off on the season - season usually starts on a Tuesday.

5) Final rosters for tip off 2014-15 season

Deadline to have your free agents assigned years is Sunday before season opens. Also there will be about a week before season where people can add and drop guys they might have picked up in free agency that they wish to drop without penalty. Any players you have by Sunday before tip off on 2014-15 season that have not been assigned years will get a default 1 season.

What say ye?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Off season:

Been thinking about last year and the absolute clusterf*ck it was starting up the year. Thought I'd throw some suggestions out there to ensure we don't have the same level of confusion. Feedback is appreciated and this is hardly a binding 'document'.

1) Draft

Lets try to do it around the real draft. I'm thinking do it the same as last year: private message or email me your top X picks where X = your selection number. For example, if tucas is picking 15th he should send me his top 15 choices. The difference between this year and last year is you need to get your picks to me by the end of the draft real draft. The next morning I'll go through and post the RR Dynasty League draft.

2) Trades

Trades can go ahead during the off season. You would need to post anything here so we have a record of it and can make changes as soon as Yahoo! is open for 'business' on the 2014-15 season.

3) Resignings

As per our CBA, you can resign a rookie you drafted and 2 of your own free agents. You need to declare this by July 1st as well as the number of years you are signing them for. You can do this any time the season ends by the way, just July 1st offers a deadline that works with the start of real FA.

4) Free Agency

Same as last year, we'll use the auction draft system ($200 for everyone which will also be your waiver wire budget) and it will be two Sunday's before tip off on the season - season usually starts on a Tuesday.

5) Final rosters for tip off 2014-15 season

Deadline to have your free agents assigned years is Sunday before season opens. Also there will be about a week before season where people can add and drop guys they might have picked up in free agency that they wish to drop without penalty. Any players you have by Sunday before tip off on 2014-15 season that have not been assigned years will get a default 1 season.

What say ye?
      1st point
      I see a problem with having it done by the end of the actual draft because I'm sure most picks would change depending on where a player ends up due to depth on that team. Having to see where a player gets drafted and getting at least some idea what his role will be would be better IMO.

I agree with the rest for the most part.

Also just a heads up for everyone
      If you trade for a player with a team who is over the cap and can't resign that player, you can't resign that player either. Their status will carry over from team to team. So essentially if you look at the cap sheets if there is a player with a * on their name that player can't be resigned no matter what team they are on by the end of the season

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
        Sorry for the delay. I didn't see people were asking but here are updated cap sheets.
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/qobm9yo3u1...20Overview.pdf
        Jbml hit 50 so to save me time I've put him at 1000, and I will only continue to update your active roster. New to hitting the 40 cap are Skywalkers and Koncept(I have space available if you want to drop a contract. )
        Bump. In case anyone is looking for the link.

Comment

• AS tucas stated I would prefer the fantasy draft after the NBA draft. I would like to see where the players have landed before i make a pick plus I prefer to look forward to two drafts as opposed to one.

How long after the fantasy draft is held is of no consequence to me but i would like see both drafts seperate

Comment

• We should keep in mind that in the days following the draft is the Canada day long weekend (and my wedding anniversary).

I'd vote for deadline of Friday at noon (after the draft). That way it is before the holiday weekend, NBA free agency and summer league. People can easily make a rough ranking in advance and then shuffle things depending on who lands where. Right now, Matt has the most work to do with 16 names (last 2 picks), so most people should be able to manage quite well.

Hopefully we have all the new owners lined up prior to the draft. Joining after the draft definitely hurt my team (worst record, earned 2nd overall pick but ended up being one of the last picks). We can't delay it, but we can try our best to have everyone accounted for before season's end.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Minus the points everyone else has brought up, I'm on board Matt! Looks awesome!

It would be cool if we could somehow make the Draft process Live .. like the Auction Draft. Don't think its possible though.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Minus the points everyone else has brought up, I'm on board Matt! Looks awesome!

It would be cool if we could somehow make the Draft process Live .. like the Auction Draft. Don't think its possible though.
                We could do a pseudo live RR event on here. Anyone who can't make it would have their pick announced via pre-set list (as is currently the process.)

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hey Tucas,

just wanted to point out that in my pending trade with Matt, he had open choice of whether to include his own pick or yours. He sent his own, so he clearly expects to beat you. I will be pulling for you (or someone) to upset him in the playoffs.

Sorry Matt

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Hey Tucas,

just wanted to point out that in my pending trade with Matt, he had open choice of whether to include his own pick or yours. He sent his own, so he clearly expects to beat you. I will be pulling for you (or someone) to upset him in the playoffs.

Sorry Matt
                    No worries.

But.....

Playoff teams are assigned draft position based on regular season standings

Non playoff teams are assigned to the corresponding place team in NBA lottery.

So while he might finish ahead of me in standings over next 5 weeks, it won't impact the draft pick.

Comment

No worries.

But.....

Playoff teams are assigned draft position based on regular season standings

Non playoff teams are assigned to the corresponding place team in NBA lottery.

So while he might finish ahead of me in standings over next 5 weeks, it won't impact the draft pick.
                      Didn't realize that. Assumed that the Champ got last pick. Well, you've got a few days to right this week, but if you drop it, it's only a 1 game lead down the stretch. Could be interesting.

Comment

Hey Tucas,

just wanted to point out that in my pending trade with Matt, he had open choice of whether to include his own pick or yours. He sent his own, so he clearly expects to beat you. [b]I will be pulling for you (or someone) to upset him in the playoffs. [b/]

Sorry Matt
                        Don't call it an upset.

Comment

Off season:

3) Resignings

Question on this; with 2 draft picks this year, does that mean I can carry 2 rookies at 1 yr, then re-sign them both to extensions as well as my 2 own FAs?

Comment

Question on this; with 2 draft picks this year, does that mean I can carry 2 rookies at 1 yr, then re-sign them both to extensions as well as my 2 own FAs?
                            Only 1 Drafted Rookie + 2 FAs per year. That's my vote anyway. I personally feel like even the drafted player should count as regular FA, but I guess that was agreed to by people?

Comment

My interpretation is if you have 2 picks you can draft both and if you assign just 1 year to each you can make a choice at the end of the year which you'd like to keep as part of the rookie clause. If you want to keep the other it counts as one of your 2 own free agent signings.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Only 1 Drafted Rookie + 2 FAs per year. That's my vote anyway. I personally feel like even the drafted player should count as regular FA, but I guess that was agreed to by people?
                              Bold is spot on.

Wasn't so much agreed upon as Apollo had it in the original "CBA".

I like it personally. Adds value to draft pick and incentive to make a good pick. Also similar to 'real' NBA with a sort of RFA feel to it.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                My interpretation is if you have 2 picks you can draft both and if you assign just 1 year to each you can make a choice at the end of the year which you'd like to keep as part of the rookie clause. If you want to keep the other it counts as one of your 2 own free agent signings.

Bold is spot on.

Wasn't so much agreed upon as Apollo had it in the original "CBA".

I like it personally. Adds value to draft pick and incentive to make a good pick. Also similar to 'real' NBA with a sort of RFA feel to it.
                                Sounds good to me. Just need to know how many years to give Wiggins and how many to give Ennis

Comment

Working...
                                X