To keep track as we go, I have 3-2 in favour by my count with

Axel
      WJF
      mcHAPPY
      Joey
      DanH

voted
      Keeping Tally:

6 votes in Favour (Axel, WJF, Joey, skywalker, tucas, concept), 2 Against (mcHappy, DanH).

Thanks for chiming in, those who voted.

Comment

• So September 1st has come and gone. As agreed, these are the resigns and years assigned. Check everything to ensure it is correct. Everyone has submitted except Ballswin. That means anyone on Yahoo! current marked as "FA" will be up for auction.

Most recent Cap Sheets link:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg2u57wi60...eets.xlsx?dl=0

Resigns follow with years in parenthesis:

Axel
        1. Chandler Parsons (5)
        2. Tim Hardaway Jr. (3)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Noah Vonleh (1)

ceez
        1. Tony Parker (2)
        2. Omer Asik (2)
        DPE. Victor Oladipo (4)
        2014 pick: Dante Exum (5)

DanH
        1. Darren Collison (3) (traded to mcHAPPY)
        2. Jason Smith (1)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Tyler Ennis (1)
        *WAIVED*: Gerald Wallace

Drizz
        1. Kemba Walker (4)
        2. Paul Pierce (1)
        DPE: None
        2014 pick: Marcus Smart (1)

Fully
        1. Nick Young - (2)
        2. Mario Chalmers - (1)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Cleanthony Early - (1)

James Ballswin
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: None received

JBML
        1. Foye (2)
        2. -----------
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Aaron Gordon (2)

Joey
        1. Gerald Green (2)
        2. Miles Plumlee (2)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Elfrid Payton (1)

Keeping It Real
        1.Jose Calderon (2)
        2. Manu Ginobili (1)
        DPE - none
        2014 pick: Zach LaVine (2)

Koncept
        1. JJ Redick (3)
        2. Jodie Meeks (2)
        DPE. None.
        2014 pick: Jabari Parker (4)
        *AMNESTY*: Andrew Bynum (-3)

Mack North
        1. Spencer Hawes (3)
        2. Jordan Crawford (1) (traded to DanH)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick:Joel Embiid (4) & Nik Stauskas (3)

mcHAPPY
        1. Josh McRoberts (4)
        2. Isaiah Thomas (4)
        DPE. Michael Carter-Williams (5) (traded to DanH)
        2014 picks: Doug McDermott (1) & Bruno Caboclo (2)

skywalker
        1. Arron afflalo (3)
        2. Avery Bradley (3)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: None

The Coach
        1. ------------
        2. ------------
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Andrew Wiggins (5)

Tucas
        1. Trevor Ariza (2) (traded to DanH)
        2. Zach Randolph (3)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: None

WJF
        1. Goran dragic (4)
        2. Lance Stephenson (3)
        DPE. None
        2014 pick: Julius Randle (3)

**CHECK FOR ACCURACY OF EVERYTHING ABOVE INCLUDING ON YAHOO!**

Comment

• Team WJF conducted their first free agent training camp over the long weekend with a focus on bigs, (look for subsequent workouts to focus on wings and guards). The following players were in attendance:

Thad Young
          David West
          Jordan Hill
          Gorgui Dieng
          Sam Dalembert
          Boris Diaw

Diaw and West stood out in the shooting drills, both showing decent range out to NBA 3 point land. In the individual shooting drills, West ended up with better percentages because Diaw kept passing the ball to phantom teammates looking for the better
          shot.

In back to the basket drills, Dieng showed improved footwork, but wold freeze sometime, our doctor diagnosed him with PTSD. He stated that during similar drills with Minnesota, Nik Pekovic literally "tore him a new one". He had been seeing a therapist and feels he will work through this setback.

3 on 3 action is where we evaluated and discovered untapped skills in many players. Jordan Hill has an uncanny ability to use his hair as a 3rd hand when posting up. Turning his head quick in one direction allows for his hair to slash out at his opponents eyes, causing temporary blindness, thus resulting in some easy scores and second chance buckets....Dalembert had to take a few personal breaks to head to an eye wash station...sometimes he was not even guarding Hill, he would jut walk off mumbling something about Leo Rautins.

All in all, team WJF feels that there may be a quality big available in free agency.....were just not sure if we found him yet.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Keeping Tally:

6 votes in Favour (Axel, WJF, Joey, skywalker, tucas, concept), 2 Against (mcHappy, DanH).

Thanks for chiming in, those who voted.
            I'm voting against the change for this season.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              I'm voting against the change for this season.
              Completely out of curiousity, do you mind if I ask why?
              Just trying to understand if there are any implications we haven't thought of.

Comment

Completely out of curiousity, do you mind if I ask why?
                Just trying to understand if there are any implications we haven't thought of.
                No one asked me but......

Players don't through multiple waivers in the NBA.

Teams get one shot when a player is released.

After that players are unrestricted and it is first come, first serve.

Also, nothing was ever followed up on this, but I'm a firm believer that if a player is waived with more than 1 year, teams must have the cap space to acquire that player. If the player clears waivers, then fair game for all regardless of years assigned. My .02

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Also, nothing was ever followed up on this, but I'm a firm believer that if a player is waived with more than 1 year, teams must have the cap space to acquire that player. If the player clears waivers, then fair game for all regardless of years assigned. My .02
                  I like that idea. Would you then have the waived player's salary come off the original team's books, like in the NBA with waivers? Then only if the player clears waivers are you stuck with the dead salary. That would be interesting.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    No one asked me but......

Players don't through multiple waivers in the NBA.

Teams get one shot when a player is released.

After that players are unrestricted and it is first come, first serve.
                    Sorry Matt, didn't mean to 'ignore' you, or anything like that.
                    These are all great points too.

The other thing though, is that players will generally listen to multiple teams before deciding.. this method will allow multiple teams to weigh in, without the player disappearing at 2:35am and no one have had a chance to bid.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                    This is something I'd absolutely be open too. Not much of a change to Yahoos system, or our own book keeping.. just transfer the existing years left to incumbent manager if picked up within first Waiver period?

Comment

The other thing though, is that players will generally listen to multiple teams before deciding.. this method will allow multiple teams to weigh in, without the player disappearing at 2:35am and no one have had a chance to bid.

?
                      Also to add onto Joey's thought, a player would not only listen to multiple offers but go to the team offering the most money/opportunity (PT or ring). For realism purposes, our current system doesn't give the free agent any choice in the matter which seems very unreal. The waiver bid signifies a teams offer and gauges their interest with a realistic "money where their mouth is" scenario - a kind of signing bonus if you will.

Also, Mack, gotta ask, is the "for this season" part of your vote a signal that you'd be open to it for future seasons?
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Sorry Matt, didn't mean to 'ignore' you, or anything like that.
                        These are all great points too.

This is something I'd absolutely be open too. Not much of a change to Yahoos system, or our own book keeping.. just transfer the existing years left to incumbent manager if picked up within first Waiver period?
                        The thought never crossed my mind.

And you raise a good counter.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Also to add onto Joey's thought, a player would not only listen to multiple offers but go to the team offering the most money/opportunity (PT or ring). For realism purposes, our current system doesn't give the free agent any choice in the matter which seems very unreal. The waiver bid signifies a teams offer and gauges their interest with a realistic "money where their mouth is" scenario - a kind of signing bonus if you will.

Also, Mack, gotta ask, is the "for this season" part of your vote a signal that you'd be open to it for future seasons?
                          I don't want to change It this season because I have my plan to get 1 solid player in the draft to fill out my roster. I'm not interested in maintaining too much of the waiver $ throughout the season as my team is set. I don't anticipate dropping anybody throughout the year.

I'm open to the idea in the future... i think rule changes should be voted on before any off-season activity... preferably before the rookie draft, before years are assigned to FA's, and before the auction draft.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I don't want to change It this season because I have my plan to get 1 solid player in the draft to fill out my roster. I'm not interested in maintaining too much of the waiver $ throughout the season as my team is set. I don't anticipate dropping anybody throughout the year.

I'm open to the idea in the future... i think rule changes should be voted on before any off-season activity... preferably before the rookie draft, before years are assigned to FA's, and before the auction draft.
                            But if that is your plan, and it goes according to plan then the rule change wouldn't impact you this year and would give you plenty of time to plan accordingly for next season.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              But if that is your plan, and it goes according to plan then the rule change wouldn't impact you this year and would give you plenty of time to plan accordingly for next season.
                              In theory, yes. Will it actually happen? Who knows. I'm still voting 'nay'.

Comment

• I think we need to set a deadline on this Vote. Even though not much planning can be done based off of its outcome, it would still be in everyones best interest to get this out of the way asap.

Comment

Working...
                                X